PDA

View Full Version : weight/height/age diff in hop height?

dan de man
May 10th 06, 12:27 PM
does your weight/height/age make a difference in you hop hieght cause
ive been working on my sif hopping and Im still only getting a cm
better that me seat in hopping
any help will be greatly appreciated

a little busking update $31 yeah yeah yeah

--
dan de man

Jethro wrote:
> Welcome to Hotel Unifornia. You can check out, but you can never leave.
>
> Help yourself to anything in the fridge.
>
> And please don't feed the clowns.
dan de man's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11403

unisteez
May 10th 06, 02:16 PM
one thing that has really helped my hop height is jumping up as many
stairs as i can at a time on only one leg(without the uni of course) it
has helped build up some of the twitch muscles in my legs. Jumping on a
unicycle is different than jumping on your feet. Its more like you are
pulling yourself into the air..im not sure if that makes sense. But
really just practice jumping on and over everything, even if you arent
riding your uni still jump up on stuff. just really train those
muscles. Then when you go to jump onto something sif just really
visualize that your butt is conected to your wheel with elastic, so
once your butt is off the seat the wheel is up off the ground and you
are completley pulling the uni under you. I hope some of that makes
sense..its kinda early in the morning so im tired..also thats just the
way i do it, and it seems to work pretty ok for me.

just practice all the time.

--
unisteez
unisteez's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11988

manon1wheel
May 10th 06, 03:47 PM
or just jump rope like crazy!
i used to jump rope everyday for 10 minutes...dont know why i stopped
but my hop hieght increades about 5 inches:)

--
manon1wheel

Riley
James_Potter-
I fall with my upper body travelling backwards and my lower body
travelling forwards from 5' up and hit the concrete with my tailbone
and right elbow. It hurt, but I found it quite funny.
manon1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9972

epistolize
May 10th 06, 10:24 PM
manon1wheel wrote:
> or just jump rope like crazy!
> i used to jump rope everyday for 10 minutes...dont know why i stopped
> but my hop hieght increades about 5 inches:)

on or off the uni?

--
epistolize

my sig is a squiggle, but my keyboard like a trusty secretary always
organises my thoughts into lines of legible text in files

anti-capitalisation, anti-capitalism; neither for nor against always
work well

"Do illiterate people get the full effect of Alphabet soup?" 'Bite Me'
epistolize's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11876

picado
May 10th 06, 10:53 PM
a 10 years old kid is not that heavy than a 18 years male...

but a 18 years male have more muscles and implosion ...
its relative i think...

iam relative heavy and i can jump high if i want to..
i think everyone can jump high... is just a matter of time and training

--
picado
picado's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11964

tomsey
May 11th 06, 03:35 AM
being 12 will hold you back from jumping really high. but if you have
the techinque down really well and you keep it up till you start
filling out. you should be up to 35" by the time you are 16/18

--
tomsey

damn you, damn the brocholli and damn the wright brothers!
tomsey's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7038

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home