PDA

View Full Version : Street comp at NAUCC?

forrestunifreak
May 11th 06, 12:51 AM
I ride a lot of street and trials, so I was sorta disappointed when I
didn't find anything about a street competition on the NAUCC website
schedule.
However, in the registration form there is a category under individual
freestyle for just "street". What is that, how is it going to be
planned, etc? Any details? Or is it just not thought out that far in
advance yet? :)

--
forrestunifreak

**Money talks. Mine says goodbye. *'My gallery'
(http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)*

><> Unicycle for Christ *<><*

onewheelisbetter
May 11th 06, 12:53 AM
my friend is gonna be doing street routine for tcuc but i dont think u
find out what kind of obstacles u have to ride on till u get there. hes
putting together segments and make up the rest when he gets there. i
cant go.:(

--
onewheelisbetter

><>Unicycle for Christ<><

http://www.funnyjunk.com/pages/insanity_test.htm
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
onewheelisbetter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11411

General Dibbles
May 11th 06, 01:38 AM
does anyone have any more details on this, as far as if it is happening
and how it will be organized etc.?

--
General Dibbles

REVENGE INDUSTRIES
General Dibbles's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8108

forrestunifreak
May 11th 06, 01:41 AM
If there isn't, we can certainally have a "street comp" amongst
ourselves. Maybe on the Urban Fun Rides and stuff.

--
forrestunifreak

**Money talks. Mine says goodbye. *'My gallery'
(http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)*

><> Unicycle for Christ *<><*

gordythegon
May 11th 06, 02:44 AM
yea there is going to be one. im doing it.

--
gordythegon

><> Unicycle for Christ <><
gordythegon's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10642

General Dibbles
May 11th 06, 02:49 AM
gordythegon wrote:
> yea there is going to be one. im doing it.

how's it going to be organized?

--
General Dibbles

REVENGE INDUSTRIES
General Dibbles's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8108

forrestunifreak
May 11th 06, 03:14 AM
I signed up to be in it too, but I don't know anything about it. Is it
going to be were you have a set routine, or just whoever throws down
the best tricks, something like that?

Anybody that knows? :p

--
forrestunifreak

**Money talks. Mine says goodbye. *'My gallery'
(http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)*

><> Unicycle for Christ *<><*

skate4flip
May 11th 06, 06:13 AM
how about a game of UNI (or a longer word)?

i signed up for the street comp (on the registration form)

--
skate4flip

reply '23k' (http://tinyurl.com/88s7x), '25k'
(http://tinyurl.com/bqzo4), post '29k' (http://tinyurl.com/ay6w2),
reply '37k' (http://tinyurl.com/dzug6), post '41k'
(http://tinyurl.com/9ugos), post '47k' (http://tinyurl.com/dmr8y), and
reply '61k' (http://tinyurl.com/mds6t) in most replys!!!

'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/ba75x) *UPDATED 4/08/06*
skate4flip's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10198

constance.cotter
May 11th 06, 11:41 AM
There is a street comp at NAUCC. We'll be using the same rules as for
Unicon (see IUF rulebook - section 7 http://tinyurl.com/fwrpn )

One of the more relevant parts from the Rulebook:
"Riders are judged on their performance both on and off the obstacles.
Some flatland and some obstacle riding must be displayed for an optimum
score. Judges are looking for clever use of the space to set up moves
and combina-tions of various types, done with some style and
personality."

The comp will be either before or after the Trials comp - currently
scheduled for Tue, July 4th.

BTW - the urban rides that Tommy have been planning will be fun. There
is a lot of fun places to play on downtown Memphis. Even though my
trials/street riding is closer to non-existent, I still had fun a few
weeks ago when Tommy and some of the Memphis Uni Club unicyclists
showed me around some of their favorite spots in Memphis.

Connie

--
constance.cotter
constance.cotter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9039

unijesse
May 11th 06, 09:09 PM
i might not be able to go, because i got family coming that week so my
mommy wants me to stay home but ill try to change here mind

the street thing will be sweet

--
unijesse

><> Unicycle For Christ <><