PDA

View Full Version : poll: color for P. coating.

mornish
May 11th 06, 04:52 AM
results, please visit http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/49344
Question: which color should i get my uni Powder Coated?

- hot pink, very bright shade
- white

If i get my trials uni p. coated which color does every1 think I should
do? note, im still not sure if im going 2 get it painted and if I do
not for at least a month.

i would be painting the frame, pedals, and the rim. everything else
would be black.

Miles

--
mornish

><>UNICYCLING FOR MYSLELF TOO<><

"LX seats are as comfortable as bricks." lildude2
"CX seats are bricks."

forget_your_life
May 11th 06, 07:47 AM
dont do pink, it wont be as cool as it is now for very long but,'white'
(http://tinyurl.com/pggyx) will alway be cool.

--
forget_your_life

'FOR SALE: 24\\" GB4 Large Marge frame.' (http://tinyurl.com/pggyx)

dream one dream many....
*'R.I.P' (http://tinyurl.com/vr86)*
forget_your_life's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4558

mornish
May 11th 06, 07:58 PM
ok,i was leaning towards white anyway. also I was wondering if p.
coating would be worth doing on my uni cause i do trials and a
_lot___of_muni_on_it._Ive_had_it_for_about_5_month s_and_there_isn't_much_paint_left_on_it:p__Also_if _i_get_it_p._coated_will_i_be_able_2_paint_in_any_ scratchs/dings_with_white_paint?__

--
mornish

><>UNICYCLING FOR MYSLELF TOO<><

"LX seats are as comfortable as bricks." lildude2
"CX seats are bricks."

underdog
May 11th 06, 08:37 PM
Go white. The pink would be unique but it's guaranteed to get you a lot
of flack from the same crowd that gives you sh*t about the circus.

--
underdog

'I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody
tell you different' - Kurt Vonnegut
underdog's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6197

tholub
May 11th 06, 09:14 PM
The pink would be a ripoff of Jess. Go white.

--
tholub

trials_uni
May 11th 06, 09:55 PM
Yeah I think that Jess Reigal(sp?) has earned the sole rights to a pink
uni.

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !

koebwil wrote:
> I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
> letters I don't want

w00t...i got reply # 60666 in MR

mornish
May 11th 06, 10:35 PM
:-( ok i was leaning towards white anyway. I saw a pic of jess's uni. i
think that if I was 2 do pink it would be a brighter shade than his.

--
mornish

><>UNICYCLING FOR MYSLELF TOO<><

"LX seats are as comfortable as bricks." lildude2
"CX seats are bricks."

abbabibble
May 12th 06, 12:14 AM
i voted for pink, but it's been done and its sort of unijesse's
trademark, a pink framed trials uni.
sooo... i guess go with white, in hindsight. it'd be a ripoff...

--
abbabibble

Cheers, Matt.
'NEW, \"Ninjas. Unicycles. Yeah.\" Shirts are out! BUY NOW AT
ZAZZLE.com!' (http://tinyurl.com/954wy)
*"Water. Duck's back. Yeah."* -- GILD
Habbywall, that-a-way -------------->':cool:'
(http://www.nickjantz.2ya.com) Kristine is that-a-way, too.
----------->X
*"LX seats are as comfortable as bricks."* lildude2 *PANIC
BUTTON-->':eek: ' (http://www.geocities.com/abbabibble/mrtsb.html)*
abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751

trials_uni
May 12th 06, 01:35 AM
Wait a minute...This just crossed my mind. Mornish, you have a 2005 KH
trials right? If so you can't Powdercoat it, it's aluminum. So this
thread is kinda redundant. Sorry.

However I believe you can get it anodized(sp?) which I think costs
more.

-Phil

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !

koebwil wrote:
> I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
> letters I don't want

w00t...i got reply # 60666 in MR

litldude2
May 12th 06, 01:45 AM
From his other powder coating thread:

--
litldude2

Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
AIM: Litldude2
Email: Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com
(See a pattern?)

trials_uni
May 12th 06, 01:52 AM
Ok, my bad. I was always led to beleive that Alu. was unable to be
P.Coated.

-Phil

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !

koebwil wrote:
> I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
> letters I don't want

w00t...i got reply # 60666 in MR

mornish
May 12th 06, 04:35 AM
yea thats y i started the other thread in the first place. i had heard
from a number of places that aluminium couldnt be powder coated but i
guess it can.

--
mornish

><>UNICYCLING FOR MYSLELF TOO<><

"LX seats are as comfortable as bricks." lildude2
"CX seats are bricks."

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home