PDA

View Full Version : How much does Seat Height effect hopping Height?

unicycleboy
May 11th 06, 01:48 PM
Well ive just watched a video called Wammy Wa, not sure who its by but I
think he could improve his hopping if he lowered the seat. Which comes
to my question.
How much of a differnce does seat height make on hopping height? I have
mine really low and I find it helps with rolling hops, its a bit harder
for seat out stuff in the way I have to bend further down for the
seat.

Trev

--
unicycleboy

www.unicycleboy.unicyclist.com

MMMM the Bishop

http://tinyurl.com/afror
unicycleboy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/399

bmemike
May 11th 06, 02:23 PM
I used to ride with my seat pretty high - pretty much to the full extent
of my inseem. It wasn't until I dropped my seat some and got
comfortable riding at that height that I was able to start hopping with
any real effect.

SIF usually makes this moot - but keep in mind that having the seat a
bit lower also helps for pulling the seat out and popping it back in.

--
bmemike

I dub thee Sir Phobos, Knight of Mars, beater of ass. Be a hitter, babe.
bmemike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11148

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home