PDA

View Full Version : Appropriate Mountain Unicycle...?

Chris Kennedy
May 11th 06, 03:48 PM
I am going mountain unicycling this summer and was wondering if I should
buy a 24" mountain unicycle. ...If so, which one (not too expensive).
I already own a KH 20" right now, so should I use that... or whatever.

--
Chris Kennedy
Chris Kennedy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11530

domesticated ape
May 11th 06, 03:55 PM
What sort of terrain will you be riding on? The term mountain unicycling
covers a lot of different types of riding, each of which will be suited
to different wheel sizes. If it's mostly 'XC', or a bit of everything,
then you will probably be better off with a 26" or even a 29", whereas
if it's mostly rocky, steep and has lots of gaps and drops, a 24" will
be ideal.

--
domesticated ape

i like bananas, monkey nuts and grapes
domesticated ape's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8599

nickjb
May 11th 06, 04:17 PM
The 24x3" is great at riding technical stuff. Bigger wheels are better
and bigger distances. It depends what you want to do.

Unless you are doing huge drops a UDC hub is fine. The UDC max
traction is a good buy.

--
nickjb
nickjb's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1074