PDA

View Full Version : Olympia, WA and surrounding area

JackOlsen
May 11th 06, 06:22 PM
In about two weeks I'm moving across the country to Olympia, WA. I've
heard all sorts of great things about the area but nothing regarding
unicycling. Is anyone from around there? I'm leaving my uni-crew
behind so I'll be needing some new riders to play with.

I'm very into trials and muni and I usually get around on my coker.

Thanks for any info you can give.

--
JackOlsen
JackOlsen's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10930

James_Potter
May 11th 06, 07:32 PM
there are ton's of unicyclists in Washington...here
http://unicycling.org/roster/index.php?state=wa

--
James_Potter

i still believe that all you need is love...john
lennon
'*mikael atkinson*' (http://www.barefoothippie.com)
jonny peacock is my main man.
mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
*President of the 'MRIS' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)*

Jerrick
May 11th 06, 08:27 PM
I am in Washington. Spokane, Washington to be exact, but that's pretty
far away from Olympia. If i was closer I would love to ride with you,
hopefully you can find some people or start getting some new people to
unicycle in Olympia. =p

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot more, so leave
me alone about it!~*~

'*!Gallery!*' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/jpkoz) ' and HERE!'
(http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)

onetrack
May 12th 06, 12:20 AM
Jack Hughes (speedo guy in defect hidden section) lives close to
olympia, he is crazy about muni and coker.

--
onetrack

"People over here have a dangerous habit of adding quotes to signature
lines."
-Klaas Bil
onetrack's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6374

tomblackwood
May 12th 06, 09:18 AM
I don't know any riders in Olympia, but if you ever make side trips to
Seattle, there is a pretty active group of local riders that regularly
get together for muni, trials, and Coker rides. If you were planning a
trip up on a weekend, we'd be able to muster some riders and ride
recommendations.

Seattle-ites active in these fora include myself, john_childs, Harper,
Unibrier, unisk8r, and others I won't name here so they will have more
reason to abuse me for the oversight.

Just post sometime when you're thinking about coming up on a weekend,
and we can take it offline and set something up.

--
tomblackwood

Tailgate at your own risk...

JackOlsen
May 12th 06, 03:10 PM
Excellent. Now I'm even more excited. My girlfriend just got a job
there and she has been getting lots of helpful information about the
area from her new employer. I told her to ask about good unicycling
terrain and she lauged at me as if I was joking.

--
JackOlsen
JackOlsen's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10930

UniBrier
May 12th 06, 03:51 PM
You can check out the 'Capitol State Forest' (http://tinyurl.com/zk9te)
('mtbr review' (http://tinyurl.com/nuc5k), 'map'
(http://www.capitolforest.com/trailmap.jpg), 'capitolforest.com'
(http://www.capitolforest.com/)).

I tried riding solo there once but I swear it was the hottest day of
that summer, 100F+, and didn't make it far. It would be great to have a
"guided tour" sometime.

I believe 'Oly Bikes' (http://www.olybikes.com/visit.html) in downtown
Olympia is downhill oriented, they may have some tips on trails.

Olympia is an easy daytrip from Seattle. I sometimes get to Olympia for
work, If I time the trip right I could ride late afternoon into the
evening.

Hope to ride with you after you're settled.

--
UniBrier

Steve

Hop Drop & Roll

“If something is to hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just
stick that guitar in the closet next to your
shortwave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go
inside and watch TV.” – Homer
UniBrier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1404

johnfoss
May 12th 06, 06:53 PM
JackOlsen wrote:
> Is anyone from around there? I'm leaving my uni-crew behind so I'll be
> needing some new riders to play with.

There's a uni-crew in LaCrosse? Who knew? Uh, I guess you guys did, but
I haven't heard about you here. Spent many vacations there visiting
grandma and grandpa when I was a kid, and rode up Grandad's Bluff on
New Years Day 1981 on my Schwinn Giraffe.

There are a ton of unicyclists in the Seattle area and surrounds.
They'll take good care of you if you can come down and visit. Then
there's You-Don't-Know-Jack in Shelton, quite the hardcore rider!

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"The worst thing you can do on a unicycle when you land is stop dead."
-- Kris Holm, world's expert on high-consequence unicycling

onetrack
May 13th 06, 08:37 AM

onetrack wrote:
> Jack Hughes (speedo guy in defect hidden section) lives close to
> olympia, he is crazy about muni and coker.

he completed the stp (seattle to portland) bike race, on a coker. and
is an all-around awesome person.
http://www.thedan.com/jacksaddiction.mov

--
onetrack

"People over here have a dangerous habit of adding quotes to signature
lines."
-Klaas Bil
onetrack's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6374

Google