PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Leg Armour

trials_uni
May 12th 06, 01:21 AM
results, please visit http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/49371
Question: What's your favourite leg armour?

- Sixsixone 4x4
- Roach Leg Armour
- Kona Leg Armour
- Kris Holm Leg Guards
- Mace Leg Armour
- Other(Please specify)

So whats your favourite leg armour?

Mine are the Sixsixone 4X4s, they offer excellent front and back
protection for those ugly pedals bites and are pretty good at
preventing impact damage to a certain degree. They're lightweight and
they look pretty sweet.

-Phil

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !

koebwil wrote:
> I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
> letters I don't want

w00t...i got reply # 60666 in MR

forrestunifreak
May 12th 06, 01:29 AM
I like 'pryme' (www.prymegear.com) shingaurds.

However, I like the 661 4X4's better. they are more solid and strong,
but the Pryme gaurds are lighter and sleeker.

--
forrestunifreak

**Money talks. Mine says goodbye. *'My gallery'
(http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)*

><> Unicycle for Christ *<><*

trials_uni
May 12th 06, 01:32 AM
Those are prety sweet.

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !

koebwil wrote:
> I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
> letters I don't want

w00t...i got reply # 60666 in MR

ntappin
May 12th 06, 01:37 AM
I have only tried the 4x4s, the MEC leg guards and some knee guards that
i have had for years. I still like the knee guards but the 4x4's are my
favourite for protection.

--
ntappin

Spudman
May 12th 06, 01:38 AM
I haven't tried very many, but I own a pair of 661's and I don't see how
any other pair of shin guards could be much of an improvement.

The only problem I have with them (and all other forms of safety gear)
is the lack of ventalation. They get pretty uncompfortable after
riding for a long time.

--
Spudman

Spudman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10752

Checkernuts
May 12th 06, 01:43 AM
Got to love my custom Roach DS pads, no plastic in the knee, Yellow with
Blue flames.

--
Checkernuts

No one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try, with the
odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life One Wheel got
to do it right. H2O

* -------muni militia -------
one wheeled death squad*
Checkernuts's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/801

unisteez
May 12th 06, 02:39 AM
i have tryed a pair of my freinds 661s and i own a pair of lizard skins,
but i find the lizard skins to be more comfortable.

--
unisteez
unisteez's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11988

wobbling bear
May 12th 06, 08:12 AM
trials_uni wrote:
> So whats your favourite leg armour?
>
> Mine are the Sixsixone 4X4s, they offer excellent front and back
> protection for those ugly pedals bites

"back protection"? I should have noticed! I add kick-boxing padds to
protect my Achille's tendons. -this said I voted 4x4 because I've never
tried anything else-

--
wobbling bear

One Wheel : bear necessity
wobbling bear's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3716

trumpetmonster
May 12th 06, 08:33 AM
I love my Sixsixone 4x4's even though they are a bitch to get on and
off. My shins are still scar-free though (knock on wood). Just one
question.... What's the best way to clean them? I tend to really sweat
when I ride. :o

--
trumpetmonster
trumpetmonster's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11862

muzzle
May 12th 06, 08:44 AM
trumpetmonster wrote:
> I love my Sixsixone 4x4's even though they are a bitch to get on and
> off. My shins are still scar-free though (knock on wood). Just one
> question.... What's the best way to clean them? I tend to really sweat
> when I ride. :o

drop them straight in your washing machine along with your gloves etc
etc.

i think that the roach guards tony melton wears look much the same as
the 661 4x4's and the KH ones aren't far off either

--
muzzle

sig.
muzzle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11458

Erant
May 12th 06, 08:48 AM
I love my TSGs, I especially like the fact that it has a splint all the
way up front, so any pedals coming my way will hit this plastic splint,
instead of me.
[image: http://www.einradladen.net/catalog/images/big_su1020.jpg]

I just noticed they got a little more expensive since when I bought
'm...

--
Erant

*"There is power in your wall sockets, too, but I don't recommend that
you plug yourself in to learn a 540 unispin."* - Harper
Erant's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9986

one wheely
May 12th 06, 09:03 AM
it looks like the Sixsixone 4x4 is the most popular type.

how much are they in US$ or Australia $???

--
one wheely

Why stroll...when you can roll
one wheely's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11955

norry
May 12th 06, 10:16 AM
Can't really say what my fav is as I have only every tried on one pair
and that is the FOX NORTHSHORE KNEE/SHIN 05/06 ARMOUR

http://tinyurl.com/8d8aw

Very similar to the 661's but comparing these to my friends 4x4 these
offer more proctection to the back of the legs.

Good price as well for people in the UK. £19.99

[image: http://www.stif.co.uk/images/products/1858_400.jpg]

--
norry
norry's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6901

wobbling bear
May 12th 06, 10:55 AM
norry wrote:
> FOX NORTHSHORE KNEE/SHIN 05/06 ARMOUR
> comparing these to my friends 4x4 these offer more proctection to the
> back of the legs.

do you mean there is some sort of padding to the rear of the leg?

--
wobbling bear

One Wheel : bear necessity
wobbling bear's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3716

norry
May 12th 06, 11:21 AM
wobbling bear wrote:
> do you mean there is some sort of padding to the rear of the leg?

There is no additional padding at the back, The wrap around section is
Ballistic Nylon with plain fabic behind the Knee. I think you can see
this via the picture. The 4x4 on the other hand just had the wrap
around fabric.

Without having the two side by side as I type I hope I've got this
right from memory but when we brought them and compared then we decided
that the fox offered more protection from pedal bites to the back of
the leg.

Hope this helps somewhat.

--
norry
norry's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6901

recommanded poster
May 12th 06, 04:56 PM
i love my dainese (the same of yoggi)

--
recommanded poster

samiaul who want good speak english!!
recommanded poster's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11460

KrazyJeff
May 12th 06, 10:51 PM
My favorite would have to be the sixsixones because they protect my
shins big time from my snafu pedals which kill when they hit your
shins. I didn't have my sixsixones when I first got a trials and my
foot slipped and the pedal went into my skin and it was bleeding bad.

--
KrazyJeff

KrazyJeff

'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/oz42q)
KrazyJeff's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12132

manon1wheel
May 12th 06, 11:40 PM
i dont like leg armor... but when i have to wear it i use 661's

--
manon1wheel

Riley
James_Potter-
I fall with my upper body travelling backwards and my lower body
travelling forwards from 5' up and hit the concrete with my tailbone
and right elbow. It hurt, but I found it quite funny.
manon1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9972

francisco
May 12th 06, 11:52 PM
i use FOX RACING shin armour... they`re pretty good. made of neoprene
offers a very good protection on the back and it`s not very very hot...

--
francisco

BH PIRATA MONOCREW

###unicycle for JAH RASTAFARI###
francisco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11493

dye3
May 13th 06, 01:48 AM
Mace Urban Assault shine guards work AND there cool ( ventelated )

I wish they made these with the 4x4 rear shin material cuz open back
can still kill.

Alex

--
dye3

I NEED NEW HUB AND CRANKS BUT AM LOW ON CASH!

PM ME IF YOU HAVE ANY!
dye3's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12012

THE dave
May 13th 06, 03:59 AM
i have 661 race lite shinguards. they dont have calf protection but i
find that i hardly ever get hit by my pedals back there, its usually my
shins... so the hard plastic protects them perfectly

--
THE dave

Toast
dave

psychoteledave2(at)hotmail(dot)com
Team Yams

- last edited by james_potter on 2005-10-5 at 3:58pm

last edited by unitik908 on 2005-09-06 at 04:12 am

last edited by forrestunifreak on 2005-09-09 at 03:51 am-
THE dave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9259

freddy
May 13th 06, 08:50 AM
I've only tried the 661s, so I voted for them..:rolleyes:

--
freddy

Fredrik, Norway. )--O
freddy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11355

timmy_nz
May 13th 06, 10:22 AM
I use Fox 911's, their great, but I can't compare them to anything else
as haven't tried

--
timmy_nz
timmy_nz's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11157