PDA

View Full Version : best flukes thread

dan de man
May 12th 06, 08:09 AM
well I was wondering what any of youre fluke/best flukes were eg:land a
crankflip w/out knowing ,it one footing a UW landing a trick on
accident that you normally couldnt do and couldnt do again if youre
life depended on it

My one was and 1m rolling hop gap down a 2 foot drop and rolling
perfactly out of it
or feet extended coast for 50cms it fet great when i landed it
tell us your flukes

--
dan de man

Jethro wrote:
> Welcome to Hotel Unifornia. You can check out, but you can never leave.
>
> Help yourself to anything in the fridge.
>
> And please don't feed the clowns.
dan de man's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11403

one wheely
May 12th 06, 09:08 AM
maybe not a fluke your lokking for but...
i was rding around with a ball in my hands and it ended up a big gum
tree
10 min later i was still riding around and it fell (the wind) and
landed on my helmet...
i was confused for a few seconds,

--
one wheely

Why stroll...when you can roll
one wheely's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11955

rob.northcott
May 12th 06, 10:06 AM
I've had a couple of accidental coasts and grinds while muniing - things
that I can't do on purpose, so they could be called flukes. The
accidental coasts usually end up in a crash though.

Rob

--
rob.northcott

'Dartmoor Muni Weekend'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46116) - Last
weekend in May 2006

unisteez
May 12th 06, 02:08 PM
i learned how to grind because of a fluke, i was jumping on top of a
rail to ride down it, i didnt quite make it and landed on my crank, I
was able to keep my balance. after that i learned to grind on purpose.

--
unisteez
unisteez's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11988

sparrowhawk
May 12th 06, 06:33 PM
oo....I realised you can hop without hands when some dudes walked up to
me and asked me to 'bunny hop', i obliged, and while i was talking and
hoppin' i got all tangled up in me headphones and accidentally let go
of the handel and WALA!!! :p

--
sparrowhawk

"I can only speak to myself." —George W. Bush
sparrowhawk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11813

johnfoss
May 12th 06, 06:49 PM
Once I was juggling clubs on a 12' unicycle. This is a generally bad
idea if you're not comfortable on a 12' unicycle. I dropped one of the
clubs, and as it fell I thought, "No problem, unless it manages to land
right in front of the wheel, perpindicular to it." Murphy's law. Ding!
Club about to be wedged under my wheel and nowhere to go. Too late to
change direction, as you have to plan ahead for such things. This
happend really fast. My choices were:
a) Dismount on purpose to avoid UPD-ing. Possible ankle damage
b) Try to ride over the club, with possible results from a above
c) I didn't think of this at the time, but someone here would probably
suggest hopping over it. Did I mention it was a 12' unicycle built by
Tom Miller? That's a lot of weight. Probably easy to hop up & down, but
*very* hard to hop and pull it forward!

So I grabbed the seat and powered over the club. The wheel didn't slip,
and I made it over! Woohoo! I nearly pooped my pants. No more clubs on
the 12', unless I have a spotter handy to prevent same problem...

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"The worst thing you can do on a unicycle when you land is stop dead."
-- Kris Holm, world's expert on high-consequence unicycling

primus
May 12th 06, 07:34 PM
i was doin a grind on a ledge at my local skatepark and the crank slid
off so it was just the pedal and i pushed too hard to pull my crank
back on and did a crank filp and landed still slideing but the dumbass
kid who was suposed to be filming didnt hit the record button so none
of my uni freinds believe me

--
primus
primus's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11833

sparrowhawk
May 12th 06, 08:54 PM
Gutted Man!!!!!;)

--
sparrowhawk

"I can only speak to myself." —George W. Bush
sparrowhawk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11813

Unitik908
May 12th 06, 09:34 PM
johnfoss wrote:
> Once I was juggling clubs on a 12' unicycle. This is a generally bad
> idea if you're not comfortable on a 12' unicycle. I dropped one of the
> clubs, and as it fell I thought, "No problem, unless it manages to land
> right in front of the wheel, perpindicular to it." Murphy's law. Ding!
> Club about to be wedged under my wheel and nowhere to go. Too late to
> change direction, as you have to plan ahead for such things. This
> happend really fast. My choices were:
> a) Dismount on purpose to avoid UPD-ing. Possible ankle damage
> b) Try to ride over the club, with possible results from a above
> c) I didn't think of this at the time, but someone here would probably
> suggest hopping over it. Did I mention it was a 12' unicycle built by
> Tom Miller? That's a lot of weight. Probably easy to hop up & down, but
> *very* hard to hop and pull it forward!
>
> So I grabbed the seat and powered over the club. The wheel didn't slip,
> and I made it over! Woohoo! I nearly pooped my pants. No more clubs on
> the 12', unless I have a spotter handy to prevent same problem...

whoah... i read that whole thing until the end as a 12 INCH uni not a
12 foot, thats crazy..

Chase

--
Unitik908

All hail the exhaulted Sigpoose, for he is forever king...
R.I.P Unibiker
R.I.P Gazzaloddi
R.I.P Paul Hester
R.I.P James Doohan
R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
R.I.P Peter Jennings
R.I.P Pope John Paul II
R.I.P James_Potters_Cat
YAMS

-last edited by the dave and sigpoose on 2005-09-05 at 08:56 pm -

jsm
May 12th 06, 09:55 PM
My best fluke was the time I did backward seat drag with the seat in
front for about ten cycles and then picked up the seat and rode out. I
was able to do backward seat drag a little at the time, but I wasn't
anywhere near being able to pick up the seat, or regularly do ten
cycles of the wheel, for that matter. But I wasn't paying very close
attention, and before I realized it, I had picked up the seat.

--
jsm

Help edit the Unicyclopedia!
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia

"wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*" -chosen
jsm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6911

kington99
May 12th 06, 10:51 PM
I once fell off while trying my patented 360 mount and nearly hit my
head on my helmet which was lying on the ground. More irony than
anything else really.

--
kington99

Dave

dan de man
May 12th 06, 11:51 PM
Unitik908 wrote:
> whoah... i read that whole thing until the end as a 12 INCH uni not a 12
> foot, thats crazy..
>
> Chase

same here
just had another one
I was riding at a skate park and did a grind and a pedaled fdoward and
somehow was grinding on just the bit of the crank which was lower than
my hub and my pedals were in the 6:clock and 9:clock position tots o
fun

--
dan de man

Jethro wrote:
> Welcome to Hotel Unifornia. You can check out, but you can never leave.
>
> Help yourself to anything in the fridge.
>
> And please don't feed the clowns.
dan de man's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11403

Fuego
May 13th 06, 12:15 AM
I like landing drops one footed (on accident, of course) and surviving
it. this has happened on stairsets, 180 drops, all kinds of stuff.

You feel really cool when you do it.

--
Fuego

morons everywhere wrote:
> Get off my Property before you sue me!
Fuego's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6983

Unitik908
May 13th 06, 12:19 AM
Fuego wrote:
> I like landing drops one footed (on accident, of course) and surviving
> it. this has happened on stairsets, 180 drops, all kinds of stuff.
>
> You feel really cool when you do it.

haha yeah... like when you try to crank stall/hop up it and then get a
pedal stall.. thats alwasy fun

Chase

--
Unitik908

All hail the exhaulted Sigpoose, for he is forever king...
R.I.P Unibiker
R.I.P Gazzaloddi
R.I.P Paul Hester
R.I.P James Doohan
R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
R.I.P Peter Jennings
R.I.P Pope John Paul II
R.I.P James_Potters_Cat
YAMS

-last edited by the dave and sigpoose on 2005-09-05 at 08:56 pm -

darchibald
May 13th 06, 05:05 AM
Unitik908 wrote:
> whoah... i read that whole thing until the end as a 12 INCH uni not a 12
> foot, thats crazy..
>
> Chase

Haha, I did too until I read your post, and I was trying to figure out
how a fall from 12 inches could be so bad. I was also convinced that a
12 incher must be very hard to ride.

David

--
darchibald

' Album 481' (http://tinyurl.com/ey2qj) - My Gallery

'A small pay rise this week, and I decided to, er... what do you young
people say, er... pimp my ghetto uni, or something.' - Mikefule

'You guys aren't thinking this through. "Hey, where's your other" BANG'
- Brian McKenzie
darchibald's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6240

Eroick
May 13th 06, 06:01 AM
I tried to hop on something small a while ago and did a crankflip. I can
only do half-flips on purpose.

--
Eroick

'The Unicyclopedia!' (http://unicyclopedia.org/)
Help us make it better!

'Listen to Music By Me' (http://musicinclined.blogspot.com)
Eroick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10884

jake_amos
May 13th 06, 10:33 AM
i fluked coasting while i was falling off my uni once but i kept it
going for a couple of metres put my feet on the cranks did one
revolution and fell off

--
jake_amos

edsbelly wrote:
> I Would say that your the best unicyclist i know with the exception of
> every other unicyclist i know

i am the eggman
add me
-666-UNICYCLE FOR THE ANTI-CHRIST-666-
jake_amos's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11587

tomtrevor
May 13th 06, 01:50 PM
when trying to dimount i pulled both my feet of and instead of going
back i went forward then back again and coasted for like 3 metres

also when riding backwards my left foot came off acidentally and i rode
one footed backwards for about 5 metres and managed to keep going:)

--
tomtrevor
tomtrevor's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12118

habbywall
May 13th 06, 03:26 PM
once, i was really tired, i was riding through grass, then i just like
took both my feet off the pedals(i dont know why, i was really tired)
then i coasted for like two feet, then ended up in a pile on my uni.
the worst part is that i was so tired i didn't realize it was coasting
till i look back at it and realize it was coasting

--
habbywall

_*_Nick_Jantz_* (\"http://www.nickjantz.2ya.com\")_
nickatactionsuperstarsdotcom
habbywallatgmaildotcom
DVORAK SIMPLIFIED KEYBOARD USER
*Barefooter, Unicyclist, Juggler*
habbywall's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10260

tholub
May 13th 06, 03:40 PM
Here's Nick Brazzi practicing off-road coasting:

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=190068&g2_serialNumber=2&g2_GALLERYSID=f48204626a3a93d0024a836ba2fc4f5e]

--
tholub

fexnix
May 13th 06, 10:19 PM
My best fluke was when I just had begun practising bw riding. I got to
much weight backwards I thought, so I took my feet off the pedals.
Gueass whatt happends, I end upp doing a bw no-footed coast. It felt
like i was going for forever that way, but it must have been just half
of a second or so.

--
fexnix

'My 29er page' (www.teamld.2ya.com)
'My fresh album' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Fexnix-album)
fexnix's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7381

U-Turn
May 13th 06, 11:23 PM
[image: http://www.oceanlight.com/spotlight.php?img=3332]

--
U-Turn

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'
-- Dave Stockton

cathwood
May 14th 06, 09:23 PM
Every time I freemount my 29er 1st time. I try not to be so surprised
that I fall off again but instead ride off in a "yep, I always do it
first time" kind of way.

Cathy

--
cathwood

Say no to unicycle genre discrimination! - MrBoogiejuice

http://www.chuckingandtwirling.co.uk

THE dave
May 15th 06, 12:50 AM
i was muni ing and ended up coasting for a while.. i got my feet back on
once.... dont know how i did that. Ive landed a few drops onefooted
too.. not on purpose either

--
THE dave

Toast
dave

psychoteledave2(at)hotmail(dot)com
Team Yams

- last edited by james_potter on 2005-10-5 at 3:58pm

last edited by unitik908 on 2005-09-06 at 04:12 am

last edited by forrestunifreak on 2005-09-09 at 03:51 am-
THE dave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9259

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home