PDA

View Full Version : stolen unicycle in vancouver

cirkids-mom
May 12th 06, 06:18 PM
Hi all,
my daughter (a cirkid as you can probably tell) just lost her unicycle
to a thief, who stole it from the trunk of my car last night.

We bought it last year as a group buy through Cirkids and I'm not sure
where...I can find that stuff out later on.

I'm not sure the brand though it has "Twenty" on the frame in a kind of
"tag" font (I didn't pay much attention since I never dreamed it would
get stolen). It wasn't that expensive, has a 20" wheel.

For now I was hoping there was some kind of network for stolen unis.
People who keep their eyes peeled etc.

this is a devastating blow to my 9-year-old, who has worked really hard
and has become really attached to her uni.

thanks.

--
cirkids-mom
cirkids-mom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12217

ntappin
May 12th 06, 06:58 PM
That is a norco uni if it helps, I hope you find it.

--
ntappin

bmemike
May 12th 06, 07:35 PM
Since most people don't steal unis because they plan on riding them, two
of the places to keep your eyes open are eBay (you can do
location-based searches) and Craigslist - there's one for Vancouver:
http://vancouver.craigslist.org/.

Good luck in tracking your uni down - I'd hate to have one of mine
ripped off - I'm sure it's only worse for your daughter!

--
bmemike

I dub thee Sir Phobos, Knight of Mars, beater of ass. Be a hitter,
babe.

------
><> Unicycling for Fish <><
bmemike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11148

cirkids-mom
May 12th 06, 07:47 PM
thanks guys. I did post an ad on craigslist and I'll watch eBay, fwiw.

Not holding out much hope so I'm gonna start shopping for a new one.
Having the brand is a good starting point.

--
cirkids-mom
cirkids-mom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12217

trials_uni
May 12th 06, 08:03 PM
I sure hope you catch whoever stole it.

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !

koebwil wrote:
> I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
> letters I don't want

w00t...i got reply # 60666 in MR

JamesH
May 12th 06, 09:05 PM
Hello cirkids mom!

I'm actually an ex-cirkid myself.

I will let some of the other local riders know and we'll keep a look
out. You can get a hold of the local Vancouver club via www.vanuni.com
.. If you or your daughter are intersted in any help or advice buying a
new uni, looking for some people to ride with, or any general unicycle
information just drop us a line.

Cheers,
- James

PS. If your daughter (or any other cirkids) would like to come out to
the event described here it that would be great:

http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49265

--
JamesH
JamesH's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4438

cirkids-mom
May 12th 06, 10:23 PM
Hi James,
thanks for the invite and the support!

I actually found out where the group purchase was done, and contacted
the store...turns out they have an identical uni in stock, and will
sell to me for only a few dollars more than my original. I'm almost
sure i'll just go buy it tonight, since I'm guessing the chances of
recovering ours are pretty slim.

It's great to know about local events...she's a beginning rider but
it's her favourite part of cirkids so I'm sure she'd be interested.

cheers!

--
cirkids-mom
cirkids-mom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12217

unisteez
May 12th 06, 10:42 PM
what is cirkids?

circus kids?

--
unisteez
unisteez's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11988

trials_uni
May 12th 06, 10:50 PM
Thats my guess.

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !

koebwil wrote:
> I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
> letters I don't want

w00t...i got reply # 60666 in MR

cirkids-mom
May 13th 06, 12:18 AM
unisteez wrote:
> what is cirkids?
>
> circus kids?

yup. It's a circus arts program for kids age 4-17 I think, and they run
adult classes too. check out http://www.cirkids.org

--
cirkids-mom
cirkids-mom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12217

Klaas Bil
May 13th 06, 06:50 AM
On Fri, 12 May 2006 16:23:42 -0500, cirkids-mom wrote:

>I'm almost
>sure i'll just go buy it tonight, since I'm guessing the chances of
>recovering ours are pretty slim.

And just in case you do, you can always sell one of the two unis
though craigslist or ebay :-)

slugbath
May 13th 06, 03:46 PM
If you reported the unicycle stolen to the Vancouver police, you might
give them a call in a bit, ask for the folks in charge of stolen bikes,
and see if you can wander through the lockup looking for your unicycle
(though in the case of the unicycle, you can probably just ask them if
they got one in).

In past years, the police database of serial numbers and contact
information was all messed up (poor data entry quality control), and
riders weren't being contacted when their bikes were recovered by
police. On a longshot, a friend in the bike industry who had three
custom bikes stolen in one go called the police a month later, wandered
through the lockup and recovered one bike, and pointed out to the
grateful officer two or three other high end custom bikes that belonged
to his friends. I should think that the VPD data entry system has
improved in the past couple of years, but it might be worth a go.

Hope that your daughter's uni shows up!

--
slugbath
slugbath's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/432

skianduniaddict
May 13th 06, 08:20 PM
watch ebay 20 pecent of stolen goods end up there

--
skianduniaddict

number1 under 15 skiier in the united states
ski sugarloaf uni bradbury
my cat bob ate four kids;)
i regret the day i threw a snowball at randy johnson
skianduniaddict's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11868

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home