PDA

View Full Version : close-up camo paint

terrybigwheel
May 12th 06, 06:09 PM
Here's a close-up showing the camo scheme I did. I shot a coat of clear
SATIN lacquer over it, bit now it reflects some light! So I'm out the
door to buy some FLAT clear to return it to a dead-flat finish.They
told me to use some 4-0 steel wool on the satin first, so the flat will
adhere to it better. My other 2 unis (coker and summit) are now at the
p. coating shop being done in different colors. I'll post those asap.:D

I'm gonna leave the rim red because first I don't think it looks bad,
and also because I would lose the "Alex" decals on the rim! Plus, to
paint it correctly, I would have to remove the spokes and then P. coat
it. Way to much work just to go to a black rim.

|Filename: DSC00651.JPG |

terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

recommanded poster
May 12th 06, 06:15 PM
waou, nice , i love
if i were you, i would paint the rim but it's cool with red rim
:D

--
recommanded poster

samiaul who want good speak english!!
recommanded poster's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11460

forrestunifreak
May 12th 06, 06:40 PM
I think the shiny looks better than when it was flat.... but flat camo
is good too.

I also like the red rim, and how a little red shows up on the seatclamp
and the end of the crank.

--
forrestunifreak

**Money talks. Mine says goodbye. *'My gallery'
(http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)*

><> Unicycle for Christ *<><*

ColDawG
May 12th 06, 06:51 PM
you could paint the rim black w/ a paintbrush.. or something lol

--
ColDawG

Your friendly, neighborhood Muniman

http://www.wheelaway.com/
ColDawG's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9503

maestro8
May 12th 06, 09:59 PM
Why did this deserve a new thread? This looks like the same paint job
on the same unicycle we saw 'just yesterday'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49329)... did you
know that once your thread disappears from page 1 you can find it on
page 2?

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

phlegm
May 12th 06, 10:36 PM
maestro8 wrote:
> did you know that once your thread disappears from page 1 you can find
> it on page 2?

That's the power the camouflage! :p

--
phlegm
phlegm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8382

terrybigwheel
May 13th 06, 12:49 AM
maestro8 wrote:
> Why did this deserve a new thread?

(I didn't see you complain about the guy who posted like TEN "Unicycle
for christ" threads!:) :) :) ...or, maybe you did, I'm not sure.
Anyway, did I break a "rule"? If so, sorry about that!

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

trials_uni
May 13th 06, 12:52 AM
Hahahaha! ZING!

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !

koebwil wrote:
> I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
> letters I don't want

w00t...i got reply # 60666 in MR

terrybigwheel
May 13th 06, 12:56 AM
trials_uni wrote:
> Hahahaha! ZING!

I hate to say it, but maestro8 kinda walked right into that one!:D It's
all in fun though!

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

forrestunifreak
May 13th 06, 02:31 AM
terrybigwheel wrote:
> (I didn't see you complain about the guy who posted like TEN "Unicycle
> for christ" threads!:) :) :) ...or, maybe you did, I'm not sure.
> Anyway, did I break a "rule"? If so, sorry about that!

Well I did see YOU complain about it.

No you didn't break any rule, as far as I'm concerned there's nothing
wrong with that. the Unicycle for christ threads didn't bother me. I
think I'm man enough to tolerate a few repeat threads.

Back on topic... Is there anyway to hand paint something, like your
rim? Or would that not work well enough?
See all it needs is black around the edges... silver doesn't look as
good. I guess.

--
forrestunifreak

**Money talks. Mine says goodbye. *'My gallery'
(http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)*

><> Unicycle for Christ *<><*

trials_uni
May 13th 06, 02:36 AM
You could take the time to wrap masking tape about 1-2 inches up each
spoke, remove the tire and tube then spraybomb the rim. I think that
would work for ya.

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !

koebwil wrote:
> I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
> letters I don't want

w00t...i got reply # 60666 in MR

terrybigwheel
May 13th 06, 02:41 AM
forrestunifreak wrote:
> Well I did see YOU complain about it. *(True, because the religion
> aspect creates unnecessary controversy that doesn't really belongin
> RSU, plus there were NUMEROUS repeat threads. There will ALWAYS be
> conflict with topics such as religion, abortion, politics, but we ALL
> can agree that unicycling is waaay cool!) *:D
>

> No you didn't break any rule, as far as I'm concerned there's nothing
> wrong with that. the Unicycle for christ threads didn't bother me. I
> think I'm man enough to tolerate a few repeat threads. *(Me too, if
> there on topic!)*:D
>

> Back on topic... Is there anyway to hand paint something, like your
> rim? Or would that not work well enough?

The best way would be to remove the wheel, de-lace the spokes and have
it powder coated satin black. :cool:

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

trials_uni
May 13th 06, 02:44 AM
Best way? Yes. Easiest and most cost effective? No. but to each his own,
i hope it turns out well for you.

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !

koebwil wrote:
> I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
> letters I don't want

w00t...i got reply # 60666 in MR

podzol
May 13th 06, 02:47 AM
I like the red rim. It actually looks like hunter's orange in the
picture to me.

--
podzol

THE MISSING WHEELS TOUR DA YOOP!
Check out the charity ride, planning is under way.
Seeking riders and support.
*http://missingwheels.unicyclist.com/ *
podzol's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10131

terrybigwheel
May 13th 06, 02:50 AM
podzol wrote:
> I like the red rim. It actually looks like hunter's orange in the
> picture to me.

Yeah, I like it too. Right now I'm more interested in getting my Magura
break set before June 3rd!

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

tomsey
May 13th 06, 06:14 AM
while were on the subject of powercoating camo unicycles still

|Filename: DSC01184.JPG |

tomsey

damn you, damn the brocholli and damn the wright brothers!
tomsey's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7038

Jerrick
May 13th 06, 06:18 AM
Wow, that looks nice!!!

I wanna do that to my Torker DX, then I'll have a real beast to ride
through my urban jungle.

Can you or Terry give me some info on doing it? Price? anything to do
before I get it painted?

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot more, so leave
me alone about it!~*~

'*!Gallery!*' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/jpkoz) ' and HERE!'
(http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)

terrybigwheel
May 13th 06, 02:51 PM
Jerrick wrote:
> Wow, that looks nice!!!
>
> I wanna do that to my Torker DX, then I'll have a real beast to ride
> through my urban jungle.
>
> Can you or Terry give me some info on doing it? Price? anything to do
> before I get it painted?

I painted mine myself in less than 20 minutes! I bought 3 cans of
"camouflage" flat paint at my local hardware store. Removed decals from
torker,lightly sanded the frame, then cut out random holes in a piece
of 8x10 card stock. Then started with a base coat of "etching" primer.
Then shot on the first Brown camo coat, followed by medium brown shot
through the holes at random, then finally the lighter sand color, also
shot through the holes at random. After drying, rubbed down with 4-0
steel wool, then shot with flat clear enamel. done!:cool: Btw Tomsey,
that looks cool too!

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

Jerrick
May 13th 06, 10:29 PM
terrybigwheel wrote:
> I painted mine myself in less than 20 minutes! I bought 3 cans of
> "camouflage" flat paint at my local hardware store. Removed decals from
> torker,lightly sanded the frame, then cut out random holes in a piece
> of 8x10 card stock. Then started with a base coat of "etching" primer.
> Then shot on the first Brown camo coat, followed by medium brown shot
> through the holes at random, then finally the lighter sand color, also
> shot through the holes at random. After drying, rubbed down with 4-0
> steel wool, then shot with flat clear enamel. done!:cool: Btw Tomsey,
> that looks cool too!

Thanks, I think I have a new project coming up. =p

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot more, so leave
me alone about it!~*~

'*!Gallery!*' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/jpkoz) ' and HERE!'
(http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)

treepotato
May 13th 06, 10:36 PM
that is one unique unicycle! (what i have just written is an
alliteration, i am reivsing for my AS Level english language exam....;)
on the unicycle forums)

--
treepotato

Some unicycles can give nasty pedal bites.....i still have the scars to
prove it
treepotato's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3942

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home