PDA

View Full Version : Re: Ed Dolan on the Uses of Wilderness

Gary S.
May 12th 06, 10:52 PM
On Mon, 08 May 2006 02:55:51 GMT, Mike Vandeman >
wrote:

>Oops, caught in another lie:
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_trout

Apparently the self proclaimed EXPERT on research methodology
considers Wikipedia as a sole and prime source for facts.

Not a surprise that he goes to a barely refereed collection of
opinions from anyone who cares to be an expert, because he has no
access to a professionally written encyclopedia.

Wiki is fine in certain topic areas, but when there are scientific
texts and articles available, it should not be a first choice.

But this is the same self proclaimed EXPERT who uses articles he wrote
on his own website as factual proof. Also the same self proclaimed
EXPERT on statisitical analysis who relies on nothing but anecdotal
stories to prove his points.

Enough attention from me for a while. Mike will ignore my point above,
although he may call me names.
Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)
--
At the 51st percentile of ursine intelligence

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home