PDA

View Full Version : Western Sunsets

Ride-A-Lot
May 13th 06, 03:13 AM
Sitting here watching the sunset over Mt. Tam and thinking, I'm going to
be riding there soon.

I was told today that I am it, so next trip here 10 days from now will
be the offer. I am excited and nervous (for my family) but oh the
riding possibilities!

It's a great day!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

p e t e f a g e r l i n
May 13th 06, 03:37 AM
Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> Sitting here watching the sunset over Mt. Tam and thinking, I'm going to
> be riding there soon.
>
> I was told today that I am it, so next trip here 10 days from now will
> be the offer. I am excited and nervous (for my family) but oh the
> riding possibilities!
>
> It's a great day!

Reality check:

Bay Area riding, especially Tam, is overrated.

Ride-A-Lot
May 13th 06, 03:50 AM
p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>> Sitting here watching the sunset over Mt. Tam and thinking, I'm going
>> to be riding there soon.
>>
>> I was told today that I am it, so next trip here 10 days from now will
>> be the offer. I am excited and nervous (for my family) but oh the
>> riding possibilities!
>>
>> It's a great day!
>
> Reality check:
>
> Bay Area riding, especially Tam, is overrated.

Overrated in California is still better than anything in NJ. Besides,
road trips from the Bay sure yield better results than from
Philadelphia. I drive three hours now and I get a whopping 1300'
non-technical trail. Correct me if I am wrong (haven't checked the maps
yet) but three hours from East Bay would put me somewhere around Tahoe?

o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Slack
May 13th 06, 03:52 AM
On Fri, 12 May 2006 19:13:26 -0700, Ride-A-Lot
> wrote:

> Sitting here watching the sunset over Mt. Tam and thinking, I'm going to
> be riding there soon.
>
> I was told today that I am it, so next trip here 10 days from now will
> be the offer. I am excited and nervous (for my family) but oh the
> riding possibilities!
>
> It's a great day!
>
> --
> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
> www.schnauzers.ws

Congrats!!!

SuperPoo
May 13th 06, 03:54 AM
"Ride-A-Lot" > wrote in message
>p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
>> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>>> Sitting here watching the sunset over Mt. Tam and thinking, I'm going to
>>> be riding there soon.
>>>
>>> I was told today that I am it, so next trip here 10 days from now will
>>> be the offer. I am excited and nervous (for my family) but oh the
>>> riding possibilities!
>>>
>>> It's a great day!
>>
>> Reality check:
>>
>> Bay Area riding, especially Tam, is overrated.
>
> Overrated in California is still better than anything in NJ. Besides,
> road trips from the Bay sure yield better results than from Philadelphia.
> I drive three hours now and I get a whopping 1300' non-technical trail.
> Correct me if I am wrong (haven't checked the maps yet) but three hours
> from East Bay would put me somewhere around Tahoe?

From what I hear about CA traffic, 3 hours puts you about 6 miles from where
you began.

> --
>
> --
> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
> www.schnauzers.ws

p e t e f a g e r l i n
May 13th 06, 03:55 AM
Ride-A-Lot wrote:

> Correct me if I am wrong (haven't checked the maps
> yet) but three hours from East Bay would put me somewhere around Tahoe?

Yes, except on a Friday afternoon.

Ride-A-Lot
May 13th 06, 04:12 AM
p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>

>> Correct me if I am wrong (haven't checked the maps yet) but three
>> hours from East Bay would put me somewhere around Tahoe?
>

> Yes, except on a Friday afternoon.

I hear ya. Must be CA's version of a Jersey Shore weekend.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

x1134x
May 13th 06, 06:39 AM
You live in the Gay Area? *ahem* i mean Bay Area? That explains ALOT.

x1134x

Ride-A-Lot
May 13th 06, 02:50 PM
x1134x wrote:
> You live in the Gay Area? *ahem* i mean Bay Area? That explains ALOT.
>
> x1134x

What planet did you fall off of? I think you are too dumb to be a
troll, so you must be mentally disabled. If you would read my posts
instead of spewinggarbage from your mouth, you would see that I live in
NJ and have been offered a job in the Bay area.

Also, please provide more information as to what living in the Bay area
explains. I must be naive, but it seems like a very metropolitan area
with all walks of life. The weather is beautiful, there's a tremendous
amount of outdoor recreation, and a lot of high tech jobs. So please
tell me what your point is.

Go ride your bike.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

ChainSmoker
May 13th 06, 05:28 PM
Ride-A-Lot wrote:

> Also, please provide more information as to what living in the Bay area
> explains. I must be naive, but it seems like a very metropolitan area
> with all walks of life. The weather is beautiful, there's a tremendous
> amount of outdoor recreation, and a lot of high tech jobs. So please
> tell me what your point is.
>
> Go ride your bike.
>
> --
> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
> www.schnauzers.ws

Live in NJ too. Have traveled to the left coast a few times. Been up at
Lawrence Berkeley Labs a few times. The weather is great there. Anyone
have any suggestions for riding in the area? May take the bike on the
next business trip...

x1134x
May 13th 06, 08:12 PM
Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> x1134x wrote:
> > You live in the Gay Area? *ahem* i mean Bay Area? That explains ALOT.
> >
> > x1134x
> >

> What planet did you fall off of? I think you are too dumb to be a
> troll, so you must be mentally disabled. If you would read my posts
> instead of spewinggarbage from your mouth, you would see that I live in
> NJ and have been offered a job in the Bay area.

I stand corrected.

> Also, please provide more information as to what living in the Bay area
> explains. I must be naive, but it seems like a very metropolitan area
> with all walks of life. The weather is beautiful, there's a tremendous
> amount of outdoor recreation, and a lot of high tech jobs. So please
> tell me what your point is.

Um, I just like that joke. Huh huh huh "The Gay Area" huh huh huh.
Still cracks me up.

x1134x

(PeteCresswell)
May 13th 06, 08:46 PM
Per p e t e f a g e r l i n:
>Bay Area riding, especially Tam, is overrated.

Maybe if somebody already lives West of the Mississippi....

--
PeteCresswell

Ride-A-Lot
May 14th 06, 12:01 AM
x1134x wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>
>> Also, please provide more information as to what living in the Bay area
>> explains. I must be naive, but it seems like a very metropolitan area
>> with all walks of life. The weather is beautiful, there's a tremendous
>> amount of outdoor recreation, and a lot of high tech jobs. So please
>> tell me what your point is.
>
> Um, I just like that joke. Huh huh huh "The Gay Area" huh huh huh.
> Still cracks me up.
>
> x1134x

I don't get the joke. Are you suggesting that the area is a happy place
to be?

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

May 14th 06, 03:42 AM
Best of luck on your new job and upcoming move.

Hiker Dave

DP
May 14th 06, 04:47 AM
"p e t e f a g e r l i n" > wrote
in message . com...
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>> Sitting here watching the sunset over Mt. Tam and thinking, I'm going to
>> be riding there soon.
>>
>> I was told today that I am it, so next trip here 10 days from now will be
>> the offer. I am excited and nervous (for my family) but oh the riding
>> possibilities!
>>
>> It's a great day!
>
> Reality check:
>
> Bay Area riding, especially Tam, is overrated.

I definitely agree with the Tam ride. Crowded climb on a fire road...good
view of the city at the top but much better riding if you go north. Oat Hill
in Calistoga, and other spots in N. Bay. Tahoe of course offers plentiful
good riding. If you want some more private fire road riding try Marin
Headlands just north of the GG bridge. Same views, less people (at least
when I lived in the area).
Back here in Kentucky I rode a new trail that opened to public traffic (used
to be once a year race only) last weekend. About 5 miles of decent
singletrack but nothing special. But folks here are truly excited and think
it's awesome...zzzzzzz.
Drew

x1134x
May 15th 06, 11:18 AM
Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> x1134x wrote:
> > Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> >
> >> Also, please provide more information as to what living in the Bay area
> >> explains. I must be naive, but it seems like a very metropolitan area
> >> with all walks of life. The weather is beautiful, there's a tremendous
> >> amount of outdoor recreation, and a lot of high tech jobs. So please
> >> tell me what your point is.
> >
> > Um, I just like that joke. Huh huh huh "The Gay Area" huh huh huh.
> > Still cracks me up.
> >
> > x1134x
> >

> I don't get the joke. Are you suggesting that the area is a happy place
> to be?

I am suggesting a large proliferation of homosexuals live there, thus
the "Gay Area" (a pun or play on words of the usual description of the
area as the "Bay Area.")

Still Cracks me up.

x1134x

Ride-A-Lot
May 15th 06, 11:59 AM
x1134x wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>> x1134x wrote:

>>> Um, I just like that joke. Huh huh huh "The Gay Area" huh huh huh.
>>> Still cracks me up.
>>>
>>> x1134x
>>>
>> I don't get the joke. Are you suggesting that the area is a happy place
>> to be?
>>

> I am suggesting a large proliferation of homosexuals live there, thus
> the "Gay Area" (a pun or play on words of the usual description of the
> area as the "Bay Area.")
>
> Still Cracks me up.
>
> x1134x

I knew what you were suggesting. Every major city has a proliferation
of alternative lifestyles. New York, Chicago, LA, and even
Philadelphia. Your ignorance certainly portrays your homophobia.
Perhaps living in straight cultured Boise has warped your mind or maybe
you were molested as a child.

By your definition, I am certainly not "gay". However, I do believe
that as human beings we all deserve some level of understanding and
respect as long as it does not impose upon our own lives. Whatever
sexual preference an individual prefers is certainly their own business.
Most of these people tend to gather in groups because of people like
you. Everyone needs to be accepted and so they seek out people of the
same virtues in order to achieve this.

Why calling the Bay Area the Gay Area cracks you up is beyond me.
Labeling an entire city because you have no understanding of
demographics or human nature is just another way of proving your lack of
intelligence as is purchasing a Wal-goose.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

MattB
May 15th 06, 04:23 PM
Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> Sitting here watching the sunset over Mt. Tam and thinking, I'm going to
> be riding there soon.
>
> I was told today that I am it, so next trip here 10 days from now will
> be the offer. I am excited and nervous (for my family) but oh the
> riding possibilities!
>
> It's a great day!
>
> --
> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
> www.schnauzers.ws

Cool. Congratulations!

Matt

JD
May 15th 06, 08:34 PM
Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> Sitting here watching the sunset over Mt. Tam and thinking, I'm going to
> be riding there soon.
>
> I was told today that I am it, so next trip here 10 days from now will
> be the offer. I am excited and nervous (for my family) but oh the
> riding possibilities!
>
> It's a great day!

If I hear you call it "Cali" just once like many ignorant eastern
immigrants do, I'm going to go up to the Bay Area and punch you in the
brain.

JD

Sorni
May 15th 06, 08:41 PM
JD wrote:

> If I hear you call it "Cali" just once like many ignorant eastern
> immigrants do, I'm going to go up to the Bay Area and punch you in the
> brain.

I hear "Frisco" is a no-no, too. Just "The City" will do.

Ride-A-Lot
May 15th 06, 08:44 PM
JD wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>> Sitting here watching the sunset over Mt. Tam and thinking, I'm going to
>> be riding there soon.
>>
>> I was told today that I am it, so next trip here 10 days from now will
>> be the offer. I am excited and nervous (for my family) but oh the
>> riding possibilities!
>>
>> It's a great day!
>

> If I hear you call it "Cali" just once like many ignorant eastern
> immigrants do, I'm going to go up to the Bay Area and punch you in the
> brain.
>
> JD

Did you see me post that yet? I know better. Just like people should
never use Philly for Philadelphia. A Philly is a horse in my book.
Cali and Frisco are nonsense words. You are welcome to come up to the
Bay Area and ride though, which means you would still kick my ass one
way or another. ;)

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

MattB
May 15th 06, 09:53 PM
Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> JD wrote:
>
>> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>>
>>> Sitting here watching the sunset over Mt. Tam and thinking, I'm going to
>>> be riding there soon.
>>>
>>> I was told today that I am it, so next trip here 10 days from now will
>>> be the offer. I am excited and nervous (for my family) but oh the
>>> riding possibilities!
>>>
>>> It's a great day!
>>

>> If I hear you call it "Cali" just once like many ignorant eastern
>> immigrants do, I'm going to go up to the Bay Area and punch you in the
>> brain.
>>
>> JD
>>

> Did you see me post that yet? I know better. Just like people should
> never use Philly for Philadelphia. A Philly is a horse in my book. Cali
> and Frisco are nonsense words. You are welcome to come up to the Bay
> Area and ride though, which means you would still kick my ass one way or
> another. ;)

Actually Frisco is fine as long as it's actually Frisco that you are
talking about. There's one in Co and probably some scattered around
other Western states as well.

Matt (Goin' down to Cali, to Cali, to Cali...)

pauly
May 15th 06, 11:39 PM
On Fri, 12 May 2006 19:13:26 -0700, Ride-A-Lot wrote
(in article >):

> Sitting here watching the sunset over Mt. Tam and thinking, I'm going to
> be riding there soon.
>
> I was told today that I am it, so next trip here 10 days from now will
> be the offer. I am excited and nervous (for my family) but oh the
> riding possibilities!
>
> It's a great day!
>
> --
> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
> www.schnauzers.ws

I hope it's a good offer, if so welcome to the neighborhood.

Paul

small change
May 16th 06, 12:40 AM
"pauly" > wrote in message
nk.net...
> On Fri, 12 May 2006 19:13:26 -0700, Ride-A-Lot wrote
> (in article >):
>
>> Sitting here watching the sunset over Mt. Tam and thinking, I'm going to
>> be riding there soon.
>>
>> I was told today that I am it, so next trip here 10 days from now will
>> be the offer. I am excited and nervous (for my family) but oh the
>> riding possibilities!
>>
>> It's a great day!
>>
>> --
>> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
>> www.schnauzers.ws
>
> I hope it's a good offer, if so welcome to the neighborhood.
>
> Paul

LOL, left the Bay Area 16 years ago with no regrets.

x1134x
May 16th 06, 01:49 AM
Ride-A-Lot wrote:

> I knew what you were suggesting.

You really showed that with, "I don't get the joke."

> Every major city has a proliferation
> of alternative lifestyles. New York, Chicago, LA, and even
> Philadelphia. Your ignorance certainly portrays your homophobia.

How did I show that I was ignorant of that fact? You *assumed* it.
Just as you *assumed* that I am homophobic. Thinking a pun or play on
words is funny does not show a phobia of the group of people that it
refers to.

> Perhaps living in straight cultured Boise has warped your mind.

I've been here one year. Opinions were formed much earlier than that.
But at no point in any post did I actually GIVE my opinion of such
groups.

> or maybe
> you were molested as a child.

Only by myself. {:-)

> By your definition, I am certainly not "gay".

Nor am I.

> However, I do believe
> that as human beings we all deserve some level of understanding and
> respect as long as it does not impose upon our own lives. Whatever
> sexual preference an individual prefers is certainly their own business.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. You *assumed* my opinions were
otherwise?

> Most of these people tend to gather in groups because of people like
> you. Everyone needs to be accepted and so they seek out people of the
> same virtues in order to achieve this.

Quote something I posted that shows I do not "accept" gay people.

> Why calling the Bay Area the Gay Area cracks you up is beyond me.

Because it is a great play on words that describes some small truth
about the area.

> Labeling an entire city because you have no understanding of
> demographics.

I'm labeling it by my *correct* understanding of the demographics of
that particular area. Bringing in demographics from other areas has
nothing to do with the topic nor does my not mentioning them show I am
unaware of the demographics of other areas.

x1134x

Drew
May 16th 06, 02:50 AM
"Sorni" > wrote in message
> JD wrote:
>
>> If I hear you call it "Cali" just once like many ignorant eastern
>> immigrants do, I'm going to go up to the Bay Area and punch you in the
>> brain.
>
> I hear "Frisco" is a no-no, too. Just "The City" will do.

Slang is the progression of language. Like it or not, it's here to stay.
I an native Californian, and although "Cali" sounds kind of dumb, I knew
what he was saying and it did not bother me in the slightest.
The only ones that don't like or use "Frisco" are those that live in the
city.

So, I think I'll take the 101 to Frisco to see more of Cali. Heck, I'll pass
through Oakland to check out the bling on the bangers hangin' at the corner.
Just hope they don't blast a cap in my ass and jack my ride.

To keep in on topic, there is good riding north and south of San
Francisco. Go on up to Santa Rosa. Down to Wilder Ranch ( some good riding )
just have to go inland a mile from the coast to get the sun.
Or, as mentioned, east to Lake Tahoe.
As No Cal is relatively open compared to OC/LA ( hope that's OK), you
should have some good riding.

Congrats, hope all goes well,

Drew ( hangin' in the OC)

G.T.
May 16th 06, 03:29 AM
"Drew" > wrote in message

> Drew ( hangin' in the OC)

"The OC"? Slave to TV?

It's incredible that a network could create a show about such a boring
milquetoast homogenous area such as Orange County and make it interesting
enough to draw an audience.

Greg

Ride-A-Lot
May 16th 06, 03:44 AM
G.T. wrote:
> "Drew" > wrote in message
>> Drew ( hangin' in the OC)
>
> "The OC"? Slave to TV?
>
> It's incredible that a network could create a show about such a boring
> milquetoast homogenous area such as Orange County and make it interesting
> enough to draw an audience.
>
> Greg

Was this not the same network that brought us essentially the same
show/plot nearly 15 years ago?

90210

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Dave W
May 16th 06, 03:51 AM
"JD" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>> Sitting here watching the sunset over Mt. Tam and thinking, I'm going to
>> be riding there soon.
>>
>> I was told today that I am it, so next trip here 10 days from now will
>> be the offer. I am excited and nervous (for my family) but oh the
>> riding possibilities!
>>
>> It's a great day!
>

> If I hear you call it "Cali" just once like many ignorant eastern
> immigrants do, I'm going to go up to the Bay Area and punch you in the
> brain.
>
> JD

Perhaps you should concentrate on your locals first....

Dave W
May 16th 06, 03:54 AM
"Drew" > wrote in message

> "Sorni" > wrote in message
>> JD wrote:
>>
>>> If I hear you call it "Cali" just once like many ignorant eastern
>>> immigrants do, I'm going to go up to the Bay Area and punch you in the
>>> brain.
>>
>> I hear "Frisco" is a no-no, too. Just "The City" will do.
>>

> Slang is the progression of language. Like it or not, it's here to stay.
> I an native Californian, and although "Cali" sounds kind of dumb, I knew
> what he was saying and it did not bother me in the slightest.
> The only ones that don't like or use "Frisco" are those that live in
> the city.
>
> So, I think I'll take the 101 to Frisco to see more of Cali. Heck, I'll
> pass through Oakland to check out the bling on the bangers hangin' at the
> corner.
> Just hope they don't blast a cap in my ass and jack my ride.
>
> To keep in on topic, there is good riding north and south of San
> Francisco. Go on up to Santa Rosa. Down to Wilder Ranch ( some good
> riding ) just have to go inland a mile from the coast to get the sun.
> Or, as mentioned, east to Lake Tahoe.
> As No Cal is relatively open compared to OC/LA ( hope that's OK), you
> should have some good riding.
>
> Congrats, hope all goes well,
>
> Drew ( hangin' in the OC)

Lookout, you're in for a brain punch now!!

Drew
May 16th 06, 04:01 AM
"G.T." > wrote in message

> "Drew" > wrote in message
>>
>> Drew ( hangin' in the OC)
>
> "The OC"? Slave to TV?
>
> It's incredible that a network could create a show about such a boring
> milquetoast homogenous area such as Orange County and make it interesting
> enough to draw an audience.
>
> Greg

Actually,
I live here in Orange County California.
Currently in Rancho Santa Margarita ( home to young families and kids by the
zillions), and
moving to Newport Beach June 1st. ( ahhh, 5 block walk to the sand..).
Can't think of a better time to move to the beach...
So, not only will I be Mt Biking, ( Moro Canyon will be my new local ride)
but a beach bum too.

The Show "O.C." is filmed in L.A. . That's how TV is done, make something
appear to be what it's not..
I never have watched it....

Drew

Drew
May 16th 06, 04:07 AM
"Dave W" > wrote in message

> Perhaps you should concentrate on your locals first....

Oh Dave,
Stoking the fire eh?

Drew

G.T.
May 16th 06, 04:17 AM
"Drew" > wrote in message

> Actually,
> I live here in Orange County California.
> Currently in Rancho Santa Margarita ( home to young families and kids by
the
> zillions), and
> moving to Newport Beach June 1st. ( ahhh, 5 block walk to the sand..).

From whitebread hell to yuppy purgatory, not bad.

> Can't think of a better time to move to the beach...

It's always a better time to move to the beach.

> So, not only will I be Mt Biking, ( Moro Canyon will be my new local ride)
> but a beach bum too.
>
> The Show "O.C." is filmed in L.A. . That's how TV is done, make something
> appear to be what it's not..

Yes, I hope everyone knows that. Even when it's a "reality" show like this
one about vapid Orange County trophy bimbos:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/bravo-the-real-housewives-of-orange-county-premiere-march-21-3897.php

> I never have watched it....

So you just want to sound like you watch it?

Greg
--
"What have you got in that paper bag?
Is it a dose of Vitamin C?

Slackā„¢
May 16th 06, 04:24 AM
On Mon, 15 May 2006 20:17:12 -0700, G.T. > wrote:

> "Drew" > wrote in message
>>

>> Actually,
>> I live here in Orange County California.
>> Currently in Rancho Santa Margarita ( home to young families and kids by
> the
>> zillions), and
>> moving to Newport Beach June 1st. ( ahhh, 5 block walk to the sand..).
>
> From whitebread hell to yuppy purgatory, not bad.
>
>> Can't think of a better time to move to the beach...
>
> It's always a better time to move to the beach.
>
>> So, not only will I be Mt Biking, ( Moro Canyon will be my new local
>> ride)
>> but a beach bum too.
>>
>> The Show "O.C." is filmed in L.A. . That's how TV is done, make
>> something
>> appear to be what it's not..
>
> Yes, I hope everyone knows that. Even when it's a "reality" show like
> this
> one about vapid Orange County trophy bimbos:
>
> http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/bravo-the-real-housewives-of-orange-county-premiere-march-21-3897.php
>
>> I never have watched it....
>
> So you just want to sound like you watch it?
>
> Greg

Sheesh, with all the hot OC wives running around and they had to pick
/those/ five!
_____
Slack

Drew
May 16th 06, 01:08 PM
"G.T." > wrote in message

> "Drew" > wrote in message

> From whitebread hell to yuppy purgatory, not bad.
>

> Yes, I hope everyone knows that. Even when it's a "reality" show like
> this
> one about vapid Orange County trophy bimbos:
>
> http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/bravo-the-real-housewives-of-orange-county-premiere-march-21-3897.php
>
>> I never have watched it....
>
> So you just want to sound like you watch it?
>
> Greg
> --
> "What have you got in that paper bag?
> Is it a dose of Vitamin C?
> Ain't got no time for Western medicine
> I am Damo Suzuki" - Mark E Smith

G.T,, you pretty well covered it.....
Drew

JD
May 16th 06, 09:00 PM
Drew wrote:
> "Sorni" > wrote in message
> > JD wrote:
> >
> >> If I hear you call it "Cali" just once like many ignorant eastern
> >> immigrants do, I'm going to go up to the Bay Area and punch you in the
> >> brain.
> >
> > I hear "Frisco" is a no-no, too. Just "The City" will do.
> >

> Slang is the progression of language. Like it or not, it's here to stay.
> I an native Californian, and although "Cali" sounds kind of dumb, I knew
> what he was saying and it did not bother me in the slightest.
> The only ones that don't like or use "Frisco" are those that live in the
> city.

Assualt is the progression of a verbal disagreement. Like it or not,
it's here to stay. "Cali" is a city in Colombia, reknowned for its
cocaine cartels. The "Frisco" I know has some of the best riding in
Colorado close by.

> Drew ( hangin' in the OC)

It's just plain "OC" to those who are not from the milquetoast (thanks
Greg) nether-regions that used to be Orange groves and ranch lands.

JD behind the Orange Curtain

CB
May 16th 06, 11:30 PM
Well well. You have arrived on the Left Coast!

But, as witnessed this winter & spring, you'll have plenty of mud
riding.

Tamarancho in Fairfax area and Annendale in Santa Rosa. Some nice
stuff!

What kinda shack can you buy for $750,000?!?!?!?

Chip

Ride-A-Lot
May 17th 06, 12:03 AM
CB wrote:
> Well well. You have arrived on the Left Coast!
>
> But, as witnessed this winter & spring, you'll have plenty of mud
> riding.
>
> Tamarancho in Fairfax area and Annendale in Santa Rosa. Some nice
> stuff!
>
> What kinda shack can you buy for $750,000?!?!?!?
>
> Chip

Not there yet, but getting close. I am looking at something like this:

mls: 20609881

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Drew
May 17th 06, 03:13 AM
"JD" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> It's just plain "OC" to those who are not from the milquetoast (thanks
> Greg) nether-regions that used to be Orange groves and ranch lands.
>
> JD behind the Orange Curtain

Like most all of O.C. is milquetoast.
And RSM was a Bombing range, not a Orange grove. Some of the trails here
were closed for a short time as the Army came and looked for unexploded
ordinance. All they found were some dummy bombs.. OOhh scary....
However, the area of L.A. I was raised in was, at one point, all Orange
groves and is now all city. Just as most of O.C. is becoming. The sad part
is that the master planned communities are, through plan and price, keeping
out anyone but the upper class and upper middleclass. Segregation through
economics.
But the riding is still pretty good....

Drew

Google