PDA

View Full Version : New Feat... A picnic table!

Eroick
May 13th 06, 03:27 AM
I was riding in the rain for a while. I headed down to the local park
where I usually ride. I did all of the ledges and rocks that I usually
do, but realised that I had to find a new challange.

The benches looked promising. They were high for benches though! At
first, I was suprised that I could pedalgrab it (that suprisedness wore
off quick). I got on it a few times and I just thought: wow. It was
getting dark though, and I was getting a bit cold. I had been out in
the rain for a while!

I started to head back home, on the way I saw this yellow picnic table
under shelter. I didn't expect to get anywhere on it. I tried the hop,
and I made it up the first time, but I couldn't get the landing. Second
try: no good. Third, I made it to the seat! Then I tried the small(er)
hop up to the table top. I made it! Then I hopped from the table top
to the seat to ground. It was awesome.

I rode on this table a little while. I even tried to drop from the top
down to the ground over the seat (not jumping off the end). I made the
jump, but missed the landing. I decided to leave after because it was
getting really dark.

It was awesome! Something new and bigger than before! Im quite pleased
with myself and I cannot wait to meet with the Ottawa Unicyclists (or
whatever we are called) this weekend!

The only bad thing is that the loctite only worked on one pedal, the
other (the one I grab with) lost all of its pins. Even the ones on the
side of the pedal that I dont grap with! Im guessing vibration caused
this, but when you think about the pressure of over 100 pounds pushing
down on ~0.25cm squared, you realise that there is a lot of pressure. I
think that some 2 part epoxy will do the trick. Now I have to get
some...

Anyway, it was awesome fun and I am so proud! Once again, yay
unicycling!

--
Eroick

'The Unicyclopedia!' (http://unicyclopedia.org/)
Help us make it better!

'Listen to Music By Me' (http://musicinclined.blogspot.com)
Eroick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10884

one wheely
May 13th 06, 05:10 AM
That was an exciting story!!!
I hope to do some tables or ledges one day
It just goes to show how you need to keep learning new stuff or it can
get dull!!!

--
one wheely

Why stroll...when you can roll
one wheely's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11955

unisteez
May 13th 06, 05:15 AM
awesome.
its so fun to learn new stuff and progress.

--
unisteez
unisteez's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11988

Jerrick
May 13th 06, 06:22 AM
That's Awesome!

I love using tables as obstacles, too bad a lot of them at my parks are
old and rickety, some have broke a little from me jumping from one to
another.

You should try a pedal grab onto the table ledge, through your frame
around, catch it, and hop off, its an easy and nice looking trick.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot more, so leave
me alone about it!~*~

'*!Gallery!*' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/jpkoz) ' and HERE!'
(http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)

muzzle
May 13th 06, 07:14 AM
the next step is to hop straight to the table top, its not as hard as
you think eh. but yeah, good stuff man

--
muzzle

sig.
muzzle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11458

unitoon
May 13th 06, 05:31 PM
*sigh* i really wish i could do stuff like this but i can't get my hop
above like 4/5 inches. it's because all i've got is this really heavy
20" learning uni that's not good for anything but riding around, and
the seat's so hard even that's not great. i've got my eye on a nice
little trials one though ... maybe for my birthday ;)

--
unitoon

> Unicycling -- the great gender equalizer. - Bmemike

> I've always wondered what it would be like to beat someone to death with
> a unicycle. Then again, I don't want to damage any of my unicycles. -
> Unisteve
unitoon's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12011

TrialsUni
May 13th 06, 08:24 PM
muzzle wrote:
> the next step is to hop straight to the table top, its not as hard as
> you think eh. but yeah, good stuff man

And from the side too. Straight...no pre-hop.

And then learn how to rolling sif hop onto the top. And once you can
do that, try 180 sif roll-hopping onto the table top.

I'm kidding. You don't have to learn all of that stuff. But, sounds
like a fun challenge anyway, eh?

--
TrialsUni
TrialsUni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7986