PDA

View Full Version : help! fear in the way of uni

JUNGAUNI
May 13th 06, 07:32 PM
okay what is up with this when im on my bak deck i can jump like almost
afoot but when i go to jump a step or curb i cant do it i used to be
able to do it but not anymore is there anything i can do to make myself
do it?

--
JUNGAUNI

><> Unicycle for Christ <><
JUNGAUNI's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11801

Jerrick
May 13th 06, 07:43 PM
I cant help much because I dont have a fear of doing anything on my
uni.

Just dont think so much about it, and go for it!

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot more, so leave
me alone about it!~*~

'*!Gallery!*' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/jpkoz) ' and HERE!'
(http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)

DustinMichels
May 13th 06, 07:46 PM
JUNGAUNI wrote:
> okay what is up with this when im on my bak deck i can jump like almost
> afoot but when i go to jump a step or curb i cant do it i used to be
> able to do it but not anymore is there anything i can do to make myself
> do it?

Just keep trying, lots of people have that problem, if you keep doing
it you'll lose fear of it eventually.

Jerrick wrote:
> I cant help much because I dont have a fear of doing anything on my
> uni.
>
> Just dont think so much about it, and go for it!

What about 20 feet drops?

--
DustinMichels

<> UNICYCLING FOR CABBAGE <>
< Been there, done that, went back for more. >

*'OWNER OF 63921' (http://tinyurl.com/pa7go) ::
'GALLERY' (http://tinyurl.com/94j5k)*
DustinMichels's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10289

Jerrick
May 13th 06, 07:53 PM
DustinMichels wrote:

> What about 20 feet drops?

I havent done 20 yet, I think my highest is 9-10, and I just go for
it.

Two days ago, I was at a school picnic, and of course I brought my
unicycle, and there where some bleachers, so my friends wanted me to
hop up them, so I start going up, then I reached the top and noticed I
could hop Over and off the top of the bleachers. So I lean over and
jump off, then rode back to the fornt of the bleachers. I didnt really
think about it, I jsut got up there and was like "Hey! I could jump
off" so i did.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot more, so leave
me alone about it!~*~

'*!Gallery!*' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/jpkoz) ' and HERE!'
(http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)

JUNGAUNI
May 13th 06, 08:03 PM
what if you break a bone then you cant ride for 6 months

--
JUNGAUNI

><> Unicycle for Christ <><
JUNGAUNI's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11801

Jerrick
May 13th 06, 08:07 PM
JUNGAUNI wrote:
> what if you break a bone then you cant ride for 6 months

It happens =p

Right now I have a cast on my ankle, just an air cast, but I havent
been able to ride as hard as I used to, but I can still practice WWing!
=p

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot more, so leave
me alone about it!~*~

'*!Gallery!*' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/jpkoz) ' and HERE!'
(http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)

Spudman
May 13th 06, 08:09 PM
Jerrick wrote:
> I havent done 20 yet, I think my highest is 9-10, and I just go for it.

Without breaking your unicycle?

--
Spudman

Spudman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10752

Jerrick
May 13th 06, 08:11 PM
Spudman wrote:
> Without breaking your unicycle?

Nope, most Ive gotten is a few loose spokes, tighten them up, and
that's it, and I rotate my cranks every now and to keep them tight and
keep the tire to wearout evenly, and land with a rollout on
everything.

Sorry, this kinda got threadjacked lol, but I remember, For about 2
days, I kept getting tensed up while trying to go to rubber from a
pedal grab, but when I was with some friends riding around, having lots
of fun, the tensing I had before I jumped up to rubber, disappeared, so
it I was back doing it like I used to. I'm not sure why for those two
days I would tense up, but keep practicing it, have fun when riding,
and being with friends help cause they will push you to do better and
its funner with friends. Keep at it and you'll be doing fine!

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot more, so leave
me alone about it!~*~

'*!Gallery!*' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/jpkoz) ' and HERE!'
(http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)

JUNGAUNI
May 13th 06, 08:19 PM
the only problem is there is nobody who unis in red deer

--
JUNGAUNI

><> Unicycle for Christ <><
JUNGAUNI's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11801

Jerrick
May 13th 06, 08:22 PM
JUNGAUNI wrote:
> the only problem is there is nobody who unis in red deer

No friends that are interested in it?

Have you tried riding with an iPod, or some type of music playing?
Cause if your pumped while riding you tend to do better and do things
that fear would usally hold back.

Also, how are you trying to jump onto the stuff? rolling? static? SIF?

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot more, so leave
me alone about it!~*~

'*!Gallery!*' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/jpkoz) ' and HERE!'
(http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)

JUNGAUNI
May 13th 06, 08:37 PM
i do static jumps but i realy want to do rolling but i dont know how

--
JUNGAUNI

><> Unicycle for Christ <><
JUNGAUNI's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11801

Jerrick
May 13th 06, 08:49 PM
Seeing how you doing stati, just think of the curb or step as a stick or
something, if you can jump about a foot on the deck, then you can hop
about 2-3inched onto the curbs or steps. maybe you just not jumping far
enough to the side, with more practice, it will come to you.

On rolling, just remember to not jump at any pedal position, make sure
you are at your dominent pedal position, for me its left foot in fron,
so if its an object I want to jump on, I go up to it, get in the right
position, go backwards to get enough room, pedal fowards then jump.
Curbs are easier cause you can turn some to get your pedals righ, or
ride along it untill you feel good enough to jump Leaning how to hop
with your other foot helps too =p

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot more, so leave
me alone about it!~*~

'*!Gallery!*' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/jpkoz) ' and HERE!'
(http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)

Tim Morin
May 13th 06, 10:37 PM
Think of curbs, stairs and the like as bumps. You are simply riding
over some bumps. Easy as pie.

--
Tim Morin
Tim Morin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11002

skianduniaddict
May 13th 06, 10:39 PM
just remember 3 simple sayings if u dont push urself ull never get
anywhere no falls no balls an chicks dig body damage

--
skianduniaddict

number1 under 15 skiier in the united states
ski sugarloaf uni bradbury
my cat bob ate four kids;)
i regret the day i threw a snowball at randy johnson
skianduniaddict's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11868

treepotato
May 13th 06, 10:42 PM
i know how you feel, the other week at unicycle club people were riding
down some pretty steep flights of steps and i was at he top but
chickened out i was too scared i felt really wimpy i am determinded to
do it next itme!

--
treepotato

Some unicycles can give nasty pedal bites.....i still have the scars to
prove it
treepotato's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3942

unitoon
May 14th 06, 10:10 PM
start jumping onto something that's 1 inch, then 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, etc.
that's how i learned. i'm at 6 inches right now and working my way up!
:D

--
unitoon

> Unicycling -- the great gender equalizer. - Bmemike

> I've always wondered what it would be like to beat someone to death with
> a unicycle. Then again, I don't want to damage any of my unicycles. -
> Unisteve
unitoon's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12011

trials_uni
May 14th 06, 10:49 PM
I get that sometimes. Do you wear any type of leg armour(661s or
anything like that)? I found that when i started wearing mine my
confidence went way up. And Jerrick is right, the music can help alot.

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !

koebwil wrote:
> I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
> letters I don't want

w00t...i got reply # 60666 in MR

Tim Morin
May 15th 06, 02:18 AM
Leg armor is gold. I just started wearing armor, and I am riding twice
as fast, down hills that are quite treacherous looking. I got 661 as
well, and although I've never owned another type, I can say that they
are lite, comfy, and protective enough to boost my confidence.

--
Tim Morin
Tim Morin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11002

Google