PDA

View Full Version : The BUC (less) thread..

treepotato
May 13th 06, 10:22 PM
this is a thread for all those poor people who couldn't make it to the
BUC,
what's your 'reason you can't go?

i'm in the middle of my AS level exmas and got crap revison to do so
couldn't go :(

--
treepotato

Some unicycles can give nasty pedal bites.....i still have the scars to
prove it
treepotato's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3942

kington99
May 13th 06, 10:29 PM
11 hours total on the train in one weekend.

--
kington99

Dave

Semach.the.monkey
May 14th 06, 12:34 AM
Time and money. That's what's kept me away :-(

Well, time, money and a f*cked up knee[1]. But mostly time and money.

But I'll be there next time though.

STM

[1] Ok, so going out on my newly aquired muni today didn't help it
much... but you've gotta do it!

johnhimsworth
May 14th 06, 10:04 AM
Work. My last exam is in a week, and I've got project deadlines on
monday and tuesday. But it's nearly over! June 2nd, then I'm free!*

John

*free, as in 'free to start three years of post-grad study.' Hmm, is
this wise?

--
johnhimsworth

Never argue with an idiot; they drag you down to their level and then
beat you with experience.
johnhimsworth's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1788

MrBoogiejuice
May 14th 06, 04:27 PM
Funds and other commitments - Too little of one and too many of the
other.

I went on a night out on Friday to cheer myself up a bit. Had a great
night...They were selling chewing gum at the club called "Boogie Ice".
I bought some to stave off the post boogiejuice imibing breath.

--
MrBoogiejuice

---unicycle for Bilious - The Oh-God of hangovers---
Make crumbs not War!
www.unicyclepics.co.uk Get your pics out!
Send submissions to
MrBoogiejuice's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5515

dale_dale
May 14th 06, 04:50 PM
i just got back from BUC and it was soooo much fun

shame u couldnt all have come

--
dale_dale

biggest set/gap = 4 set
dale_dale's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11459

treepotato
May 14th 06, 07:28 PM
dale_dale wrote:
> i just got back from BUC and it was soooo much fun
>
> shame u couldnt all have come

get....off.........this........thread!!!!!!!!!!!

joking! :p

but i am very very jealous

--
treepotato

Some unicycles can give nasty pedal bites.....i still have the scars to
prove it
treepotato's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3942

swarbrim
May 14th 06, 07:44 PM
*Enters thread cautiously*

Shame you guys couldnt make it. Check my other thread to feel bad,
mwuhahahaha :p

*Leaves thread*

Mike

--
swarbrim

:D add me at

'i like things big' Amanda

'I prefer "badunkadunk", myself' Dudewithasock
swarbrim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005

domesticated ape
May 15th 06, 09:26 AM
My main reason for not going was having too much university work to do.
I ended up hardly doing any and having a good weekend, it's just a
shame that it didn't involve unicycling!

I will definitely be at the BUC next year!

--
domesticated ape

i like bananas, monkey nuts and grapes
domesticated ape's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8599

cathwood
May 15th 06, 09:31 AM
We missed you all.

Cathy

--
cathwood

Say no to unicycle genre discrimination! - MrBoogiejuice

http://www.chuckingandtwirling.co.uk

glovemonkey
May 15th 06, 12:41 PM
Sorry..sorry..sorry.. about scheduling it in the middle of exam season;
this was a total oversight. If it makes you feel better then you
probably made the right choice putting the exams first.

--
glovemonkey
glovemonkey's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11556

plumsie
May 15th 06, 04:20 PM
domesticated ape wrote:
> I will definitely be at the BUC next year!

Does anyone know where BUC will be next year?

I don't know if it is decided at BUC like with BJC and EJC or whether
it is left until later in the year to arrange.

BUC was a good weekend. I have to admit though, that there was a lack
of space whilst the hockey was on as only 10 people were riding in the
big hall and everyone else who wanted to ride had to squeeze into the
other two small halls or go outside in the rain.

The show being so late starting was tiresome too although it was worth
the wait just to see Luke Wilson's routine, he is certainly one of the
best juggers around and he seemed to be quite good on a unicycle too.

See you there next year (Wherever there might be).

--
plumsie
plumsie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9800

BungleBanks
May 15th 06, 08:38 PM
hi all i cudnt goto buc b coz my second job kicked in, im teaching a
circus skills course at south east essex college, so i got to juggle
and teach people to ride unicycles and get paid for it so its not all
bad.

treepotato i pmd u! :-)

much love,

bungle
southend juggling club

--
BungleBanks

So many people ask me "if i can ride that thing?" and i say "no i just
push it round for fun!"
BungleBanks's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5830

gkmac
May 16th 06, 12:38 PM
Don't worry, I know what it's like to 'miss out a BUC'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39664). There's always next year
(subject to dates clashing with exams etc).

Some people I looked forward to seeing I didn't see. Namely Phil
Himsworth (phil), Sam Wakeling (redwelly) and Adam Gayne (gayno). Where
were you?

Liam (domesticated ape) and Spencer (Semach.the.monkey) sorry I didn't
see you there either, maybe we'll meet again at a future unimeet or
Muni ride or whatever...

--
gkmac

"It's a marvellous thing to see, someone in full flight on the
unicycle." - Stuart Maconie, Radio 2
"Oh no! Both my toes have gone numb!" - Joe Hodges
"You also met me gk! I was the one eating the sandwich!" - Adam Gayne
gkmac's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4577

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home