PDA

View Full Version : Uni Joust Shields and Poles

Ducttape
May 14th 06, 02:35 AM
Any one have advice for making Shields and Poles cheap but still be
"safe" for jousting?

--
Ducttape

*\"YOU'VE LOST A WHEEL!\" \"Don't be daft, where would I put a second
wheel?\"*
Ducttape's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12006

Jerrick
May 14th 06, 02:57 AM
take broomstick handel, cut a slit in a tennis ball, put the ball on one
end. Or, use a swimming nooodle with a stick in it to keep it straight.
sheild, you can just use a trash can lid.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot more, so leave
me alone about it!~*~

'*!Gallery!*' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/jpkoz) ' and HERE!'
(http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)

ntappin
May 14th 06, 06:22 AM
the most perfect is to take the pool noodle broom stick way.
this is sorta what it should look like, the pool noodle wrapped around
the stick but with about a foot at the end with only pool noodle, and a
foot at the other end with just stick so that its easy to hold.

Code:
--------------------
|______________________|
|=========================== |
|----------------------|
--------------------

--
ntappin

Naomi
May 14th 06, 10:18 AM
Is it not traditional to use a dustbin lid for the shield? This is
serious stuff, you just cannot take things upon yourself to be
different. Some things are sacred, and not to be messed with.
Jousting without a bin lid on your arm would be as irreverent as
unicycling with two wheels on the ground.

Nao

--
Naomi

I am not renowned for my political correctness. I apologise profusely
if I have, as yet, said absolutely nothing to offend you. An oversight
I shall no doubt deal with at the first opportunity.

Every breath you take, every move you make... contributes towards
global warming.
Naomi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3322

jake_amos
May 14th 06, 10:35 AM
so what your saying is be 100% unique

--
jake_amos

edsbelly wrote:
> I Would say that your the best unicyclist i know with the exception of
> every other unicyclist i know

i am the eggman
add me
-666-UNICYCLE FOR THE ANTI-CHRIST-666-
www.jakespants.blogsot.com
jake_amos's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11587

Ducttape
May 14th 06, 03:37 PM
jake_amos wrote:
> so what your saying is be 100% unique

What I am saying is that if I don't find something safer than a wooden
dowel with a tennis ball on the end and a dustbin lid my parents won't
let me joust.

--
Ducttape

*\"YOU'VE LOST A WHEEL!\" \"Don't be daft, where would I put a second
wheel?\"*
Ducttape's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12006

flyer
May 14th 06, 07:03 PM
I made the pool noodle/broomstick combo the other day. Me and a friend
could hit each other with one pretty much as hard as we could and you
couldn't feel a thing. If that's not good enough for your parents, I
don't know what would be.

Uni jousting is very fun.

--
flyer
flyer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9894

dan de man
May 14th 06, 10:32 PM
I have to try it some day

--
dan de man

Jethro wrote:
> Welcome to Hotel Unifornia. You can check out, but you can never leave.
>
> Help yourself to anything in the fridge.
>
> And please don't feed the clowns.
dan de man's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11403

skianduniaddict
May 14th 06, 10:32 PM
i used old plastic bin lids and broom sticks with a plastic bag filled
with crumpled up newspaper

--
skianduniaddict

number1 under 15 skiier in the united states
ski sugarloaf uni bradbury
my cat bob ate four kids;)
i regret the day i threw a snowball at randy johnson
skianduniaddict's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11868

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home