PDA

View Full Version : New Muni Video from "Rockit" Tail in Laguna!

terrybigwheel
May 14th 06, 05:43 PM
Hey y'all! Me and my new Muni-riding buddy, Jim Dugue, who lives in the
Orange County (CA) area, had a great three hour Muni ride in the Aliso
Woods Wilderness Park area near Laguna Beach, ca. It's one of TONS of
great MTB trails in the area, and it a mecca for serious DH
mountain-bikers.

Here's a quick description of two of the four trails we rode, quoted
from Geoladders: "Most probably the quickest way to experience thrills
here at Aliso Woods. The climb up Cholla is short but always breaks a
sweat. Meanwhile the _Rock-It_ descent is quite technical and consists
of rock gardens, windy smooth singletrack and a plethora of ledges and
challenging lines for the bold."

We started on "Cholla", the proceeded up...waaay up to "Top of the
world" (Well, almost) and along the way spotted a 3-foot rattler smack
dab in the middle of the trail! From a distance, it appeared to have
been run over, but it was simply basking in the sun, stretched out and
chillin'. I walked up to it cautiously, and it didn't budge, as if to
say, "you don't scare me buddy!". So, taking a cue from "Animal
Planet", and having many years experience with our slithery friends,
carefully grabbed it by the tail, and gently "swung" him back into the
brush! He was sure "rattling" now, and majorly ****ed off! But better
that then getting squished by a MTB.

Most of the bikers were in AWE of us, and we really sensed their
appreciation for us tackling their "turf." We also met Lisa, a mid
20-something beauty who hung out with us for a spell at the near-top of
the world summit! She later BLASTED down a long, super-steep section at
break neck speed! Hot! We sure hope to meet up with her again soon!

So, here's the vid, but don't expect any amazing feats, but we sure had
a BLAST though! There are plenty of UPD's, and just so you all know,
Jim has only been riding Muni for 2 weeks! Cheers! :D

http://tinyurl.com/mvove

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

terrybigwheel
May 14th 06, 06:25 PM
Whoops! Sorry for the repeat thread! I was having a problem with the
website.:eek:

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

Tim Morin
May 14th 06, 06:37 PM
Cool vid man. I like trails with lots of rocks and technical areas.
Looked like fun.

--
Tim Morin
Tim Morin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11002

terrybigwheel
May 14th 06, 06:44 PM
Tim Morin wrote:
> Cool vid man. I like trails with lots of rocks and technical areas.
> Looked like fun.

Yeah, me too, and it had a wide variety of other terrain, from rocky,
to super-narrow, fast and winding single track, bordered by a variety
of flora, and the views were amazing! The final ride back, after
Rockit, was down through Cayote Canyon, with running streams and lots
of shade provided by tall trees. Absolutely beautiful conditions!:D

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

mornish
May 14th 06, 06:45 PM
that was really good. it would be sooooo hard for me on my trials though
with all those bumbs. looks like you had a great time.

miles

--
mornish

><>UNICYCLING FOR MYSLELF TOO<><

"LX seats are as comfortable as bricks." lildude2
"CX seats are bricks."

terrybigwheel
May 14th 06, 06:48 PM
mornish wrote:
> that was really good. it would be sooooo hard for me on my trials though
> with all those bumbs. looks like you had a great time.
>
> miles

I think you meant "bum(p)s, not "bumbs", right? Although there might be
some "bums" out there from time to time! Kinda doubt it though.

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

mornish
May 14th 06, 06:52 PM
*bumps*

--
mornish

><>UNICYCLING FOR MYSLELF TOO<><

"LX seats are as comfortable as bricks." lildude2
"CX seats are bricks."

terrybigwheel
May 14th 06, 07:42 PM
Jim Dugue and I are looking for "Lisa", so if you (Lisa) read this post,
please "PM" me and tell us when you'll be back at the same trail!:)

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

steveyo
May 14th 06, 09:33 PM
Nice vid, dude. Looks like a heck of a trail to ride.

--
steveyo

steveyo

...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

terrybigwheel
May 14th 06, 10:46 PM
steveyo wrote:
> Nice vid, dude. Looks like a heck of a trail to ride.

Yeah, I can't wait to go back there asap! The rocky sections were very
"moab-like!" There was soooo much more good and better stuff we did,
but couldn't stop to video everything.

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

steveyo
May 14th 06, 11:29 PM
terrybigwheel wrote:
> Yeah, I can't wait to go back there asap! The rocky sections were very
> "moab-like!" There was soooo much more good and better stuff we did,
> but couldn't stop to video everything.

In a way, I feel like stopping all the time to take pics & vid takes
away from (in my case) the few scant hours I have to enjoy the activity
itself. Of course, afterwards, you're way psyched to have the pics &
video, so either way...

--
steveyo

steveyo

...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

terrybigwheel
May 15th 06, 12:18 AM
steveyo wrote:
> In a way, I feel like stopping all the time to take pics & vid takes
> away from (in my case) the few scant hours I have to enjoy the activity
> itself. Of course, afterwards, you're way psyched to have the pics &
> video, so either way...

I gonna ask my riding buddy if maybe next time he can bring his wife
along so she can take pics and shoot the vid! That way we can focus
more on riding wih less stopping to set up shots.

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

terrybigwheel
May 15th 06, 05:22 PM
If anybody knows of any other fun trails in and around Orange County,
let me know! I know there's a Uni club with 13 members in OC, and I'll
be riding with them next Sunday, so maybe they'll know. Not sure if
they do muni though. I think they also do some uni-basketball. That
might be fun!:D

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

teachndad
May 15th 06, 08:33 PM
Terry,

Contact (Pedro)Peter Ha (screen name leadpan) for another riding buddy
in OC. He lives in Irvine. I bet he would like to get together with
ya'all. Go to the riders listing page on http://UnicycleRoundupLA.com
and look for his name. His email is right there.

Also, I loaned out my 20" to a rider Jeff Camillo in Costa Mesa (I
think) who may want to get into MUni as well. I don't know how Jeff is
progressing, though. He only started a few weeks ago.

Cheers

Rod

--
teachndad

Rod Wylie 'MountainUnicyclingLA.com'
(http://www.mountainunicyclingla.com)
'Greater Los Angeles Area Trails - Images'
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Greater-Los-Angeles-Trails)
'UnicycleRoundupLA.com/' (http://unicycleroundupla.com/)
teachndad's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/56

terrybigwheel
May 15th 06, 10:21 PM
Sounds good Rod. I wonder if he's in the OC uni club. I think Adam Brody
is guy who put the club together, and they have about 13 memebers now.
Hey, see you all 6/3/06 for the roundup!

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

lucky_8
May 16th 06, 12:58 AM
nice video

--
lucky_8

life is a whole lot more fun when you live it on just one wheel.

unicycle for christ
lucky_8's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11685

terrybigwheel
May 17th 06, 07:51 PM
I re-edited this Muni video we shot last week, but this time I added the
"missing" audio track, with background and vocal commentary, **PLUS**,
I changed the music. I found what Ithink is a cool track by "Mindmaze",
called "Poison". It's catagorized as "Skatepunk" music. Time-wise, the
song fits perfectly to the length of the vid. :D
http://tinyurl.com/l5ruj

Another good track by the the group is: "Skapuwinedi". The link to the
page if you want to sample it or DL it for free is:
http://tinyurl.com/s88vr

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home