PDA

View Full Version : I'm kind of worried about my unicycle ...

unitoon
May 14th 06, 09:42 PM
i'm worrying that i'm hurting my unicycle. i'm doing trials-type jumps
and drops with a cyclepro 20" unicycle. it's not really meant for
trials, just for learning. i have my eye on a trials uni but i won't be
able to get it until beginning of july, if then. so i want mine to
last. the thing is, i want to do trials. i'm doing maximum 1 foot drops
and 8" jumps right now, but how much do you think i could do? is this
too much already?

--
unitoon

> Unicycling -- the great gender equalizer. - Bmemike

> I've always wondered what it would be like to beat someone to death with
> a unicycle. Then again, I don't want to damage any of my unicycles. -
> Unisteve
unitoon's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12011

trials_uni
May 14th 06, 09:45 PM
I dont think your gonna hurt it. I weigh 230lbs and i was doing 1fott
drops on my generic uni forever and its still in great working order. I
think you'll be fine.

-Phil

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !

koebwil wrote:
> I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
> letters I don't want

w00t...i got reply # 60666 in MR

unitoon
May 14th 06, 10:01 PM
okay, do you know about how big drops/jumps i can do? i weigh about 100
lb.

--
unitoon

> Unicycling -- the great gender equalizer. - Bmemike

> I've always wondered what it would be like to beat someone to death with
> a unicycle. Then again, I don't want to damage any of my unicycles. -
> Unisteve
unitoon's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12011

KrazyJeff
May 14th 06, 10:34 PM
I don't think you'll hurt it by doing 1 ft drops because i did like 3
and a half ft drops on my torker before i had my trials and i didn't
really hurt it at all but im 11 and i weigh only 85 lbs so maybe your
max drop might be like 1 ft to 2 ft.It kinda matters how much you
weigh.

--
KrazyJeff

KrazyJeff

'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/oz42q)
KrazyJeff's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12132

unijesse
May 14th 06, 10:34 PM
i way 150 and ive done 3-4 foot drops on aa torker lx, if you roll
out(hit the ground and immediately roll) or seat out(use body like a
spring) youll be fine

--
unijesse

><> Unicycle For Christ <><
00000
00000
00000
00000
unijesse's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10868

podzol
May 14th 06, 11:25 PM
If you don't want to hurt your uncle, just don't drop onto him. ;).

If your uncle is a rider, maybe sweet talk him. Tell him that you love
riding and want to do more trials, don't want to hurt his uni etc, Can
he go halves with you.

Maybe he'll be sympathetic!

--
podzol

THE MISSING WHEELS TOUR DA YOOP!
Check out the charity ride, planning is under way.
Seeking riders and support.
*http://missingwheels.unicyclist.com/ *
podzol's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10131

Brian MacKenzie
May 15th 06, 12:05 AM
just make sure you try to roll out of your hops.

instead of just landing 'plop' on your cranks at horizontal, the way
they were when you started the drop, make you sure you pedal out of the
jump as soon as you touch the ground. that will transfer your impact
forward instead of just down, and your cranks and rim (that come on
basic unicycles) will thank you for it

but at a 100 pounds, i'm not sure you could bend the cranks if you
tried :)

--
Brian MacKenzie

DVD now available: 'Training Wheel Not Required'
(http://www.LBMmultimedia.com/videos/TWNR_uniTV.wmv) | 'Inner Balance
Blog' (http://innerbalancemovie.blogspot.com)
Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650

x1psh1x
May 15th 06, 01:24 AM
i did like 3 foot drops for a little bit, but it didnt last long. it
twisted my hub and cranks after a while on my generic uni. ide say to
just use this one to get really good balance. learn to ride one footed
backwards, all the free style type stuff untill you get a trials. that
stuff takes more time for me to learn. i wish thats what i had did

--
x1psh1x

the only way out is death

http://myspace.com/captainklunk