PDA

View Full Version : Ottawa Unicycle Invasion 2006 - OUI'06

carl.roth
May 15th 06, 03:53 AM
This years OUI'06 will be held *4 June 06* at Nanaimo Park (the site of
OUI'04) Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, starting at 1 pm. Please be there to
register by 12:30. There will be no advanced registration - just at the
site. For a map check out the OUI'04 site at
http://carlroth.net/oui04/

We could not secure a suitable indoor facility so the event will be
held outside and be subject to weather - if it rains it will be
cancelled. As a result, the event will be scaled down with no new
obstacle building, no trophies and no t-shirts. There will be prizes
and a BBQ pool party that will be held only a couple of blocks from the
event location.

If there is an entry fee it will small.

Basically it will be an informal trials event with a nice party
afterwards.

A web site may or may not be created. Check http://carlroth.net/ for
more info.

Please send any questions to me at .

If we can secure an adequate indoor facility for 2007 we will be back
on track with a big OUI'07 . If you have any ideas for an indoor
facility in the Ottawa area be sure to give me a call.

Cheers,

Carl
C. Roth
Director OUI'06

(613) 293-5856

--
carl.roth
carl.roth's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5790

ntappin
May 16th 06, 01:17 AM
Awesome thanks for the info Carl, I can't wait to compete. Do you know
if there are going to be different difficulty levels?

I don't mind paying to compete if it makes a difference on the level of
competition to be held.

--
ntappin

trials_uni
May 16th 06, 01:21 AM
Uhg! I wish i could go but all of my money is tied up in my trip to
Niagra Falls for the filming party with Brian. If only it were a little
later in the year. Oh well. I hope to see some great vids of you guys!
have fun.

-Phil

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !

koebwil wrote:
> I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
> letters I don't want

w00t...i got reply # 60666 in MR

Brian MacKenzie
May 16th 06, 01:29 AM
trials_uni wrote:
> Uhg! I wish i could go but all of my money is tied up in my trip to
> Niagra Falls for the filming party with Brian.
> -Phil

mine too :(

--
Brian MacKenzie

DVD now available: 'Training Wheel Not Required'
(http://www.LBMmultimedia.com/videos/TWNR_uniTV.wmv) | 'Inner Balance
Blog' (http://innerbalancemovie.blogspot.com)
Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650

trials_uni
May 16th 06, 01:35 AM
Oh well Brian...we'll have lotza fun...we have Owen! And we have me...im
all fun. lol.

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !

koebwil wrote:
> I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
> letters I don't want

w00t...i got reply # 60666 in MR

dye3
May 16th 06, 01:46 AM
Thanks alot for the info.
I'm excited:p

See yall there!

--
dye3

I insist you add me

I need cranks...help me out
dye3's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12012

Eroick
May 16th 06, 04:06 AM
Awesome stuff. Count me in!

--
Eroick

'The Unicyclopedia!' (http://unicyclopedia.org/)
Help us make it better!

'Listen to Music By Me' (http://musicinclined.blogspot.com)
Eroick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10884

lilfunky1
May 20th 06, 04:03 AM
Sweet it's almost time for OUI! This is going to be my first
out-of-Toronto event that I'm going to try and compete in. Of course
I'm desperately out of practice. Eep! I have like... 2 weeks!

--
lilfunky1

"I'm riding a unicycle with my pants down! This should be every boy's
dream!"
~Bart Simpson

~lilfunky1
lilfunky1's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7361

evil-nick
May 23rd 06, 02:19 AM
Maybe I can make it... I'll see :)

--
evil-nick

Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total
obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and
through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see
its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will
remain.

* Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.

I'm late for checkers with the Dalai Lama!

My gallery:
http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/uni.html
Our Club:
http://cs.ubishops.ca/~buuc/
evil-nick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6692

carl.roth
May 23rd 06, 02:46 AM
ntappin wrote:
> Awesome thanks for the info Carl, I can't wait to compete. Do you know
> if there are going to be different difficulty levels?
>
> I don't mind paying to compete if it makes a difference on the level of
> competition to be held.

The event will have lines from beginner to expert. All lines 1 pt. -
the most points wins. I am not expecting a large turnout as if it rains
it will be cancelled. It will be more of a fun event. Next year if we
can get a site similar to OUI'05 we will have a really serious comp.

Carl

--
carl.roth
carl.roth's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5790

jenmichael2000
May 23rd 06, 03:32 AM
Some of you may have noticed that we are trying to organize a similar
event in quebec city. If you can't find an indoor facility for 07,
consider bringing the invasion to quebec (where we would use the circus
school)! We could call it QUI! I'm seriously considering comming and
convincing others to come with me... we shall see :)

mike :)

--
jenmichael2000
jenmichael2000's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8180

Beener
May 23rd 06, 05:33 AM
Thanks for the info. The entire Kingston Crew will be coming up. We just
added a new rider today as well. He learned to ride halfway down the
street and he is very excited.
Good thing we have lots of unis' at the house. Count 4, maybe 5 of us
for sure. Don't know if any will compete though. See you there!

--
Beener

Ow! My Shin!!!!!
Beener's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3817

Victory
May 23rd 06, 03:21 PM
Beener wrote:
> Don't know if any will compete though. See you there!

Oh Come on! You guys would do good... it's all for fun anyways.

I'm there for sure but it looks like Braun can't.

--
Victory

'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/ln5ml)
whenever someone makes fun of you, wheel your unicycle over to them and
ask if they would like to try riding it. i've never seen people shut up
so fast. - unisteve
Victory's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10062

ntappin
May 23rd 06, 10:09 PM
I just talked to a guy from newfoundland I met while riding and it looks
like he will probably be comming out and maybe even joining us on this
weekends ride.

--
ntappin

kapoute
May 30th 06, 03:12 AM
YEA ! I'll be there !

and hey IT'S THIS SUNDAY !

--
kapoute

I don't really speak english :(

Julien Renaud
kapoute's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8060

hecklar
May 30th 06, 06:58 PM
So no Street or Muni ride on Saturday, then?

You out-of-towners should really come up on Saturday morning and make a
whole weekend of it!

--
hecklar
hecklar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6917

lilfunky1
June 2nd 06, 10:56 PM
its friday and im here now!
is there something going on tomorrow yet?
i heard someone might be organizing a muni ride.

--
lilfunky1

"I'm riding a unicycle with my pants down! This should be every boy's
dream!"
~Bart Simpson

~lilfunky1
lilfunky1's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7361

hecklar
June 3rd 06, 02:58 AM
Where are you staying, lil? I'm probably going to head out for an 11pm
ride tonite.

--
hecklar
hecklar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6917

Jason Allemann
June 3rd 06, 08:12 AM
There's nothing formal planned.

A few of us locals are doing some unicycling for the community day
event at Nanaimo Park (same location as the OUI competition) from
around 2-3 in the afternoon. Jeff Groves is also planning to join us.
After that we talked about heading off for a ride. Maybe some muni at
Kanata Lakes. It's all going to be very ad-hoc and highly dependant on
the weather. I'm not sure what the deal is going to be with the
community day thing if we get the thunder storm that is currently
forecast. We'll also be finishing up some of the new obstacles for the
trials comp at some point during the day/night.

So really I'm just here to tell you that I have no idea what will end
up happening, other than some of us might be going for a ride at some
point during the day.

I know. I'm so helpful....

Jason Allemann

*'creaky wheel video gallery'
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/creakywheel)
'true dimensions' (http://www.truedimensions.com)*
Jason Allemann's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3702

Beener
June 3rd 06, 06:24 PM
Thanks for all the inof everyone. We should have made plans to come up
today and crash on some couches for tomorrow's OUI Day. Anyway, see you
all tomorrow. Ben

--
Beener

Ow! My Shin!!!!!
Beener's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3817

kapoute
June 4th 06, 12:26 AM
Is there still a OUI ? because there is 40% of showers :(

I would like to know it tonight because I'm planning on going there for
12h00 so I must leave my house by 10h

thanks

--
kapoute

I don't really speak english :(

Julien Renaud
kapoute's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8060

Jason Allemann
June 4th 06, 03:24 AM
It's not looking too promising for the trials comp, but we won't make a
final decision until tomorrow. If it's still raining, we'll head to
Kanata Lakes for some nice muddy muni instead. The BBQ will be on rain
or shine.

Jason Allemann

*'creaky wheel video gallery'
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/creakywheel)
'true dimensions' (http://www.truedimensions.com)*
Jason Allemann's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3702

Eroick
June 4th 06, 04:22 AM
I think we should meet at Nanimo Park at oneish. Then we can decided
what to do from there. 40% chance of rain though... :(

--
Eroick

'The Unicyclopedia!' (http://unicyclopedia.org/)
Help us make it better!

'Listen to Music By Me' (http://musicinclined.blogspot.com)
Eroick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10884

ntappin
June 4th 06, 06:03 AM
if it is raining, I would like to do a trials/street ride downtown or
perhaps a skatepark ride if anyone is interested. The skatepark should
be empty if it is at all wet so it would be a perfect time to do it. I
agree with eroick though on that we should meet at nanaimo and make
decisions from there to include everyone in whats going on.

--
ntappin

kapoute
June 4th 06, 12:35 PM
only 30% this morning.... It's may worth that I go

--
kapoute

I don't really speak english :(

Julien Renaud
kapoute's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8060

Victory
June 4th 06, 12:43 PM
w00t check it out!:

|Filename: Image1.jpg |

Victory

'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/ln5ml)
whenever someone makes fun of you, wheel your unicycle over to them and
ask if they would like to try riding it. i've never seen people shut up
so fast. - unisteve
Victory's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10062

kapoute
June 4th 06, 12:44 PM
so at the nanaimo park for 12h30pm??? right

--
kapoute

I don't really speak english :(

Julien Renaud
kapoute's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8060

kapoute
June 5th 06, 12:23 AM
that was awesome ! the trial course was so nice !

is someone going to post the official results?

thanks guys for organizing such an event

see you next year !

--
kapoute

I don't really speak english :(

Julien Renaud
kapoute's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8060

irvinegr
June 5th 06, 12:40 AM
any movies??

--
irvinegr

Check out my SWEET movies!!! http://tinyurl.com/0
irvinegr's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10958

Victory
June 5th 06, 12:42 AM
irvinegr wrote:
> any movies??

I've got a bit.. there were a few vid cameras there... it'll take me a
few days to actually make it though

I need to take some recovery time... :P

--
Victory

'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/0)
presently on cloud nine
Victory's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10062

ntappin
June 5th 06, 01:06 AM
I had alot of fun aswell, some of those lines were extremely tough. You
really need to keep track of your time aswell.

Congrats to everyone that participated.

--
ntappin

kapoute
June 5th 06, 01:46 AM
so now the question is do we make a thread for posting the picture or I
just put them here....

ramdom pic:

|Filename: OUI'06 006 mod.jpg |

kapoute

I don't really speak english :(

Julien Renaud
kapoute's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8060

ntappin
June 5th 06, 01:53 AM
Julien you were also a pleasure to meet, and very impressive. I like
that picture, nicely represents it.

--
ntappin

Victory
June 5th 06, 03:00 AM
Alrightey guys... Here's what I've got:
http://tinyurl.com/0

It's basically from the end of the competition as I was kinda busy
during to do any taping. The video is exactly as I taped it for now and
at a low quality... when I get more time I'll try to clean it up or
something...

--
Victory

'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/0)
presently on cloud nine
Victory's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10062

Eroick
June 5th 06, 03:19 AM
Yeah! It was awesome! Thanks to everyone who organized it and everyone
who came out! The weather was awesome and so was the turnout! Some
lines were really tough, like nathan said (like the line that he spent
about 1/4 of the comp on and finally made it!) I didn't have a camera,
so im hoping to see so cool pictures from other people. Ottawa, and
Ontairo, have a larger unicyclist community than I thought. And of
course, thanks to the random sponsers, Penzoil (hey, it isnt even a
word) and Quaker State! :p

--
Eroick

'The Unicyclopedia!' (http://unicyclopedia.org/)
Help us make it better!

'Listen to Music By Me' (http://musicinclined.blogspot.com)
Eroick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10884

Beener
June 5th 06, 03:39 AM
I have a short video here as well. The Kingston Kamikaze Crew had a
great time as well. Thanks to everyone for a great day and keep
checking the forum for Ottawa region rides on Saturdays, would love to
see more guys and gals out, Ben

http://tinyurl.com/0

--
Beener

Ow! My Shin!!!!!
Beener's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3817

Eroick
June 5th 06, 03:56 AM
Nice vid. The end was so funny! I was standing right there, laughing. I
really love how you can so tell the expression on his face.

--
Eroick

'The Unicyclopedia!' (http://unicyclopedia.org/)

> Whaahahyeah! All you can hear is me screaming into the camera. Yahha!
> --Victory

'Listen to Music By Me' (http://musicinclined.blogspot.com)
Eroick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10884

Jason Allemann
June 5th 06, 04:33 AM
Yeah, the event turned out awesome, especially considering how little
promotion went into it - and how dicey the weather was looking
yesterday. I think we ended up with 28 competitors, which was almost
as many as last year! And the weather turned out to be awesome.

A big thanks to all the people who showed up early to help haul
everything over there and to Jeff, Karl, Devon and Thomas for helping
me set up the course.

And a huge thanks to everyone who showed up to participate! It was
great to see so many people make it out, especially the guys who drove
in from out of town.

Next year will be even bigger and better!

Jason Allemann

*'creaky wheel video gallery'
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/creakywheel)
'true dimensions' (http://www.truedimensions.com)*
Jason Allemann's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3702

lilfunky1
June 5th 06, 11:58 AM
The event was very much awesome. If anyone's noticed throughout most of
yesterday, I say that word a lot, but I truly mean it! I very much
wish I showed up the day before to help build and participate in this
elusive sport of unciycle jousting that was at the community day
though.

It was great seeing everyone that I haven't seen in a long time, and
new people I'd never met before, and thanks to the organizers of the
event, to my "personal coaches," Joshua & Maggie, who kept bugging me
to finish more than the first line I attempted, and to Charlie & family
for the more then plentiful afterparty!

When I get home I'll have pictures to post. Oh, thanks to Pete as well
for the multitude of pictures of me falling :P

Can't wait for next year!!

--
lilfunky1

"I'm riding a unicycle with my pants down! This should be every boy's
dream!"
~Bart Simpson

~lilfunky1
lilfunky1's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7361

hecklar
June 5th 06, 06:06 PM
Yeah, that bbq was killer! Endless thanks to Charlie and his folks for
all the organizing, supplying, hosting, and cooking that they did for
it. Woah.

I'd also like to thank Darren a whole lot for taking my uni completely
apart, repairing it, and reassembling it. That was really nice, and
well appreciated. Those new Bedford Team Rider shirt designs are
killer, too. I can't wait until they are available. For all those who
haven't seen the designs yet, beware, you're going to be damn
impressed.

--
hecklar
hecklar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6917

carl.roth
June 5th 06, 08:02 PM
jenmichael2000 wrote:
> Some of you may have noticed that we are trying to organize a similar
> event in quebec city. If you can't find an indoor facility for 07,
> consider bringing the invasion to quebec (where we would use the circus
> school)! We could call it QUI! I'm seriously considering comming and
> convincing others to come with me... we shall see :)
>
> mike :)

Mike,

We should talk further about your idea as it has merrit. Send me an
email at carl(at)carlroth(dot)net.

Carl

--
carl.roth
carl.roth's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5790

kapoute
June 5th 06, 09:03 PM
hey dont forget guys to come to the trial comp in quebec city in july
( if there is one )

I have pics but on most of them you only see me so I dont think I'll
post them if nobody ask to see them

--
kapoute

I don't really speak english :(

Julien Renaud
kapoute's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8060

ntappin
June 6th 06, 03:34 AM
Kapoute I will definatly be there in july, if of course there is one,
also it would be cool to see your pics. you should post em if you have
time.

--
ntappin

Google