PDA

View Full Version : Getting into music because of unicycling.

Fuego
May 15th 06, 07:45 PM
I just realized that a lot of my music that I listen to often comes from
other unicyclists. For example, I bought Voice in the Wire's album
because I like the track on Defect so much, and I downloaded some 800
octane that I listen to from time to time. Also, Murde mental
introduced me to Buck 65, which is some great stuff. It's funny, but it
seems to me like I'll like a song a lot more if it's in a uni video. I
know I wouldn't like all the rap that's in some videos (shaun's come to
mind) if I was just listening to it, but because it's a uni video I
like it just fine. I noticed somebody else (I think it was spencer?)
had 800 octane in one of their videos, so it seems like this isn't just
me.

So, getting into music that you wouldn't like/find normally because of
other unicyclists: Discuss.

--
Fuego

morons everywhere wrote:
> Get off my Property before you sue me!
Fuego's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6983

Murde Mental
May 15th 06, 07:48 PM
BUCK 65 is my idol. I hope to be meeting him this summer. I was gonna
scratch with him last winter but he had a change of plans and couldn't
make it.

Well, Mr Boogiejuice gave me a shove towards more electronic music...
which I've been listening to mucho lately.

--
Murde Mental

"You make love demon style." ~Kristine

Oh here's to my sweet Satan. The one who's little path would make me
sad, whose power is Satan. He'll give those with him 666. There was a
little toolshed where he made us suffer, sad Satan
*-666-UNICYCLE FOR THE ANTI-CHRIST-666-*
Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463

phlegm
May 15th 06, 08:16 PM
Not to start another controversy... but doesn't this belong in JC?

--
phlegm
phlegm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8382

Fuego
May 16th 06, 01:12 AM
I don't think so... It's unicycling, mostly. I was actually debating
putting it in JC and thought I'd put it here because it's uni related,
at least compared to all the games/religion threads/Most Replies/ etc.
etc.

--
Fuego

morons everywhere wrote:
> Get off my Property before you sue me!
Fuego's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6983

lilfunky1
May 20th 06, 04:08 AM
out of the defect video my favourite song was the last one during the
credits by the band Strap-On Tools (http://strapontools.org). The cool
part is it's a band from my home-town so I've met them now too. Heh.
And they've seen me unicycle. Which sadly isn't nearly as impressive
as the stuff on defect.

--
lilfunky1

"I'm riding a unicycle with my pants down! This should be every boy's
dream!"
~Bart Simpson

~lilfunky1
lilfunky1's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7361

litldude2
May 20th 06, 04:28 AM
I am the same way, alot of the music I listen to is by artists that I
first heard in uni vids. (That 800 octane song I used in my moab
movie.)

--
litldude2

Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
AIM: Litldude2
Email: Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com
(See a pattern?)

ColDawG
May 20th 06, 06:10 AM
i got into some bands from defect

i also have a TON of songs from biking movies (The Collective, NWD VI,
Earthed 3) to name a few

:-)

--
ColDawG

Your friendly, neighborhood Muniman

http://www.wheelaway.com/
ColDawG's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9503

max_pfeifer
May 20th 06, 06:47 AM
I thought 1881 from defect were really awesome but i cant find any of
their music anywhere.

--
max_pfeifer

NO I WILL NOT DO A F@#!ING BACKFLIP
max_pfeifer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7644

tomtrevor
May 20th 06, 09:28 AM
all good unicycling movies have good soundtracks.

--
tomtrevor

wanna see wacked bikes at their best visit www.mediahug.com/bikes
tomtrevor's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12118