PDA

View Full Version : Coolmax

Bruce Johnston
July 17th 03, 02:47 AM
Does anyone have any regular clothes made out of cool max? Like sports
shirts or even casual shirts? I got coolmax soxs and some cycling jerseys. I
been looking for cool looking shirts that you can wear in public that don't
look like cycling jerseys with pockets in the back. Long or short sleeve.
Maybe I could just buy some bulk coolmax and take it to the tailor.

Anybody find anything like that online?

Thanks,

Bruce

Trailgalore
July 17th 03, 03:34 AM
"Bruce Johnston" > wrote in message
> Does anyone have any regular clothes made out of cool max? Like sports
> shirts or even casual shirts? I got coolmax soxs and some cycling jerseys.
> been looking for cool looking shirts that you can wear in public that
don't
> look like cycling jerseys with pockets in the back. Long or short sleeve.

> Anybody find anything like that online?

Havn't found online, had no need to, Wally world sells pull over shirts and
shorts (Starter brand) priced $11.50-15.00. Store also sells coolmax socks.

Bernie
July 17th 03, 06:33 AM
F1 wrote:

> I don't know where you are, but if you have an REI around, I believe there
> is a lot of Coolmax stuff you are looking for. Also, Nike's Dri-Fit is very
> good and there are polo type shirts available, especially in Collegiate
> gear.
>
> "Bruce Johnston" > wrote in message
> > Does anyone have any regular clothes made out of cool max? Like sports
> > shirts or even casual shirts? I got coolmax soxs and some cycling jerseys.
> > been looking for cool looking shirts that you can wear in public that
> don't
> > look like cycling jerseys with pockets in the back. Long or short sleeve.
> > Maybe I could just buy some bulk coolmax and take it to the tailor.
> >

> > Anybody find anything like that online?
> >

> > Thanks,
> >

> > Bruce

My "stealth" cycling outfit is a pair of Haggar slacks 60% polyester 40% rayon,
and a decent looking golf shirt 100% microfibre polyester. Light wool dress
socks and nice stiff black leather dress shoes stuffed into Mt.Zefal toe cups
for a cool ride and ready for the office. Cool and comfortable.
Bernie

Peter Cole
July 17th 03, 12:17 PM
"Bruce Johnston" > wrote in message
> Does anyone have any regular clothes made out of cool max? Like sports
> shirts or even casual shirts? I got coolmax soxs and some cycling jerseys. I
> been looking for cool looking shirts that you can wear in public that don't
> look like cycling jerseys with pockets in the back. Long or short sleeve.
> Maybe I could just buy some bulk coolmax and take it to the tailor.

A lot of places sell Coolmax Alta t-shirts, www.sierratradingpost.com often
has them for $10 or so. I got a Coolmax polo style shirt at Eastern Mountain
Sports, I don't know what their (inter)national coverage is, this was a few
years ago, perhaps other camping suppliers.

Bruce Johnston
July 17th 03, 06:03 PM
"Ken" > wrote in message
> "Bruce Johnston" > wrote in
> :
> > Does anyone have any regular clothes made out of cool max? Like sports
> > shirts or even casual shirts? I got coolmax soxs and some cycling
> > jerseys. I been looking for cool looking shirts that you can wear in
> > public that don't look like cycling jerseys with pockets in the back.
>
> Camping supply and travel stores sell street clothes made from Coolmax and
> other synthetics. They are comfortable in a wide range of conditions and
you
> can hand wash/drip dry them when travelling or camping.

Post some web addresses for any online stores you know of.

B-

Fritz M
July 17th 03, 08:50 PM
"Bruce Johnston" > wrote:

> Post some web addresses for any online stores you know of.

http://www.rei.com/

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/

http://www.campmor.com/

The shirts I have for hiking, running, and cycling are not specifically
"Coolmax," but they are light-weight, polyester sweat-wicking fabrics. I
have an REI MTS T-shirt and a running shirt that's almost a mesh, and
shirt from North Face that's more solid. I really really really like the
almost-mesh shirts, much better even than my Coolmax jerseys.

The running shirt and North Face "hiking" shirt came from Garts, a big
box discount sporting goods store. The REI shirt came from a brick-and-
mortar REI store and it's currently what I wear just about everyday for
cycling (it washes and dries quickly).

I couldn't find my specific shirt but its very similar to this one,
except mine has a zipper on the collar to open up the front a little.

http://tinyurl.com/h9d0

It's not Fab-approved (the REI logo is extremely inconspicuous), but it
works very well for me. My shirt is "Mango" orange for visibility.

RFM
--
To reply, translate domain from l33+ 2p33|< to alpha.
4=a 0=o 3=e +=t

Rod Snyder
July 21st 03, 01:11 PM

Google