PDA

View Full Version : And yes...ANDOTHER Torker thread

dye3
May 16th 06, 01:53 AM
I know theres lots but nothing asking this.

I'v been wanting to buy a Torker DX 20" but are they really THAT
heavy?
And why do ppl say: Torker 20\"?!?

Is it like theres somthing wrong with the 20" DX?

AND

Howmuch did some of you already pay for US > Canada border fees?

Thanks alot

Alex

--
dye3

I insist you add me

I need cranks...help me out
dye3's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12012

dye3
May 16th 06, 02:08 AM
well ofcous is distinguished there a 4" tire difference but as for that,
why is the 24" so g r e a t ! and the 20" just the averag heavy
trials.

--
dye3

I insist you add me

I need cranks...help me out
dye3's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12012

Unitik908
May 16th 06, 02:15 AM
because its not really that bad if you have a heavy muni, ie 24", but
trials you need a light uni.. but it really isnt that bad.. the extra
pound or so really doesnt effect hooping all that much.. i have a 20"
and its awesome

Chase

--
Unitik908

All hail the exhaulted Sigpoose, for he is forever king...
R.I.P Unibiker
R.I.P Gazzaloddi
R.I.P Paul Hester
R.I.P James Doohan
R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
R.I.P Peter Jennings
R.I.P Pope John Paul II
R.I.P James_Potters_Cat
YAMS

-last edited by the dave and sigpoose on 2005-09-05 at 08:56 pm -

forrestunifreak
May 16th 06, 03:34 AM
There is nothing wrong with a 20". People just refer to one or the other
at a time, some people have said they are both heavy.

No they are not THATheavy. Unless you are a weight weanie trying to
make your uni perfect....

--
forrestunifreak

**Money talks. Mine says goodbye. *'My gallery'
(http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)*

><> Unicycle for Christ *<><*

zoharj
May 16th 06, 04:00 AM
I havea 20" dx 2006 model. If i remember correctly it wieghts 1.6 pounds
more than a qu-ax. (my friend has a qu-ax). The Dx is a great uni and
the weight difference doestn really matter

--
zoharj
zoharj's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9821

Jerrick
May 16th 06, 04:59 AM
I think it is about 14-15 pounds of uni. It really doesnt make a
difference, just ride it for 5mins and youll be used to it.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot more, so leave
me alone about it!~*~

'*!Gallery!*' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/jpkoz) ' and HERE!'
(http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)

dye3
May 17th 06, 01:15 AM
cool

is 318$ CDN good for a DX 20"?

--
dye3

I insist you add me

I need cranks...help me out
dye3's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12012

trials_uni
May 17th 06, 01:21 AM
Its the best price your gonna get in Canada for a splined trials uni if
thats what you want to hear.

-Phil

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !

koebwil wrote:
> I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
> letters I don't want

w00t...i got reply # 60666 in MR

dye3
May 17th 06, 01:29 AM
Yea also, its the bottom of the "top" line if you get what im saying but
is this bottom line stuff a peice of crap?

Will it go and stip on me the first year i have it?

--
dye3

I insist you add me

I need cranks...help me out
dye3's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12012

Jerrick
May 17th 06, 01:46 AM
Ive had mine for about 4ish months, its been holding up great, Ive broke
a peice of my pedal off, cause the pedals on them arnt too great, but
cheaply replacable, and I havent even needed to replace mine yet, cause
they are still good, and Ive had a few loose spokes, but thats only
from doing 5-foot+ drops, and re-tightening them fixes that little
problem.

Look in my gallery to see a few pictures of me riding my DX =p

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot more, so leave
me alone about it!~*~

'*!Gallery!*' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/jpkoz) ' and HERE!'
(http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)

dye3
May 17th 06, 01:53 AM
haha uni fight...

i gotta try that one day with thos little kid's foam baseball bats

--
dye3

I insist you add me

I need cranks...help me out
dye3's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12012

trials_uni
May 17th 06, 02:03 AM
Been there done that. Its great fun!

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !

koebwil wrote:
> I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
> letters I don't want

w00t...i got reply # 60666 in MR

dye3
May 17th 06, 02:28 AM
aww mann..:(

I though i just made the worlds coolest thing!

I well...theres always...TRAMPOLIN UNICYCLING:)

--
dye3

I insist you add me

I need cranks...help me out
dye3's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12012

manon1wheel
May 17th 06, 02:37 AM
i trampoline unicycle all the time... but its tso much easier if you
know how to suicide mount.

anyway...
my torker dx died about 3 weeks ago... i think i was just unluckey...
and got a defected frame. i broke my pedal OFF and im gonna have to buy
a new set. but i guess the unicycle isnt meant for the HARDCORE stuff i
ride(sarcasm)

but i think its a great uni. in my opinion the weight helps. it makes
you stronger. the uni isnt gonna last forever but once it dies your
gonna be a great hopper on an heavy uni. once you get your
new(hopefully lighter uni) youll be a beast.

hope that helps

Riley-get the dx

--
manon1wheel

Riley
James_Potter-
I fall with my upper body travelling backwards and my lower body
travelling forwards from 5' up and hit the concrete with my tailbone
and right elbow. It hurt, but I found it quite funny.
manon1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9972

dye3
May 17th 06, 02:41 AM
DARN!!

mabey....:eek: u n i c y c l e c l i f f j u m p i n g

oh and uhhh...I am getting the DX

Thanks alot for all your posts and opinions guys

--
dye3

I insist you add me

I need cranks...help me out
dye3's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12012

nickness
May 19th 06, 09:28 PM
Hey dye3, I just recently got the Torker DX 20" trials uni and the thing
itself has held up well, although my seat did break within the first
month, but it was a manufacturing defect (something you have to watch
out for because it is nearly impossible to get ahold of Torker or SBS,
wherever you're buying it from). If you're planning on coming out to
the ottawa ride this Saturday, I'd be happy to let you try mine, and
see if you like it. Like people say, its a heavy uni, but its really
strong and pretty good quality other than the occasional build hiccup.
In any case, hope to see you out riding on Saturday.
-Nick

--
nickness
nickness's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12001

underdog
May 19th 06, 10:46 PM
I've bought 2 of the DXs. A 2004 and a 2006. You can't get a splined
crank uni for less. As stated previously in this thread the pedals are
pretty cheap but the rest of the uni is of very good quality. I've
seen a few threads talking about the seat post tube snapping off on
them so this may be a weak point but I've had no troubles with mine.

--
underdog

'I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody
tell you different' - Kurt Vonnegut
underdog's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6197

Jerrick
May 19th 06, 10:47 PM
I wanna get the older one to do freestyle with, then I could do some
good drops with it too when im out practicing freestyle on it.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot more, so leave
me alone about it!~*~

'*!Gallery!*' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/jpkoz) ' and HERE!'
(http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)

dye3
May 19th 06, 11:01 PM
sick nickness!

Can't wait for it.
See ya saturday,

Alex

--
dye3

I insist you add me

I need cranks...help me out
dye3's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12012

LeviPounds
May 21st 06, 10:53 PM
i just ordered my 06 torker dx 20" online yesterday on ebay.. it was 256
candian so check ebay first! It's my first real unicycle besides the
20 year 20" old one my g/f gave me.. she inherited it hah!

--
LeviPounds
LeviPounds's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12278

skrobo
May 22nd 06, 04:02 AM
LeviPounds wrote:
> i just ordered my 06 torker dx 20" online yesterday on ebay.. it was 256
> candian so check ebay first! It's my first real unicycle besides the
> 20 year 20" old one my g/f gave me.. she inherited it hah!

:confused: i got my 05 dx for $200 http://tinyurl.com/flfxj
sorry i didn't catch you earlier

--
skrobo
skrobo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12272

BornUgly
May 22nd 06, 05:06 AM
I ordered my 06 DX last night, I can't wait till it gets here! :D

--
BornUgly

I believe that buildering should be legal as long as I'm not falling on
anybody. :)

><> Unicycle for Christ <><
BornUgly's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11927

Google