PDA

View Full Version : Delaware-Raritan Canal Coker Ride

uw
May 16th 06, 03:06 AM
Hi all

I am organizing the 2nd Canal Coker Ride in Piscataway New Jersey USA.
June 10 2006 at 11 AM Johnston Park at East Jersey Olde Towne Village.

This will be a week after the LBI Unithon.

http://www.tux.org/~bagleyd/coker.html

We had one 2 years ago and it was a lot of fun.
For those who made it last time... we will be covering the same
route.

David

--
uw
uw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2186

JustOneWheel
May 16th 06, 03:42 AM
I'll check that date with Renie.

Adam

--
JustOneWheel

There is no better way to have Fun and Exercise. "UNICYCLE"
Every one should have "FUN ON ONE"
JustOneWheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9237

uni57
May 17th 06, 03:56 AM
I'll be there. The first ride was fun. We should do them more
frequently. Once every two years just isn't enough.

--
uni57

-\"what's a troll?\"- - billythemountain

'8th Annual LBI Unithon' (http://jjuggle.unicyclist.com/lbiunithon) -
Be there! - Saturday, June 3, 2006
uni57's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2085

shadowuni
May 18th 06, 09:57 PM
i would love to go to this. it sounds fun. whats it like? (from someone
who has been there)

--
shadowuni

"No one is taller than the last man standing"
"Bullets! My only weakness! How did you know?" - Cop
Cotton-headed ninny-muggins: possibly the best insult ever.
shadowuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4806

uni57
May 19th 06, 05:29 AM
Hi, Nick.

It's basically a distance Coker ride. It's a casual and pleasant ride
beside the canal and river on a smooth, flat, hardpacked dirt pathway.
There are overhanging trees, birds, and beautiful sunny skies
(guaranteed). It's a nice get-together. You should come.

Be there! - Saturday, June 3, 2006
uni57's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2085

unigrinin
May 28th 06, 03:03 AM
Hi David
it's teddy from grant's tomb the kid with the long hair
I will be there on my new coker
Thanks

--
unigrinin
unigrinin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12300

U-Turn
May 28th 06, 03:26 AM
I did one (the first? second?) with David and enjoyed the pleasantness
of the shade and the interesting canal path. We all bought lunch at a
local deli halfway and ate it out on the benches. Perhaps someday I
can make another. :)

--
U-Turn

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'
-- Dave Stockton

uni57
May 28th 06, 08:15 AM
U-Turn wrote:
> I did one (the first? second?) with David and enjoyed the pleasantness
> of the shade and the interesting canal path. We all bought lunch at a
> local deli halfway and ate it out on the benches. Perhaps someday I
> can make another. :)

I think there was only one ride. I forgot about the lunch on the
benches! That was such a great day. It won't be the same without
you.

P.S. - By "interesting", do you mean the snake? (dave bagley doesn't
want me scaring people by mentioning the ess en ay kay ee)

Be there! - Saturday, June 3, 2006
uni57's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2085

U-Turn
May 28th 06, 12:38 PM
uni57 wrote:
> I think there was only one ride. I forgot about the lunch on the
> benches! That was such a great day. It won't be the same without
> you.
>
> P.S. - By "interesting", do you mean the snake? (dave bagley doesn't
> want me scaring people by mentioning the ess en ay kay ee)

Well, I meant the canal-ditch-shape-topography thingie stuff, really. I
quite forgot about the ess enn ay kay eee.

--
U-Turn

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'
-- Dave Stockton

uw
June 9th 06, 05:35 PM
Hi

Ok the Coker Canal ride is tomorrow. I updated
http://www.tux.org/~bagleyd/coker.html

I'll bring a few bagels and cream cheese for fuel to get going.

The weather forecast looks good.

yeah this is only the second coker canal ride... I hope to do it more
often.

David

--
uw
uw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2186

unicycle dave
June 9th 06, 07:35 PM
that would be so cool:cool: if i could go

--
unicycle dave

<><unicycle for Christ
unicycle dave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10416

unicycle dave
June 9th 06, 07:45 PM
if you would have mentioned it earlier i would have done it but i cant
now because of to short notice. but i encourage you to do it next year
or later this fall but anounce it about to weeks ahead of time.:)

--
unicycle dave

<><unicycle for Christ
unicycle dave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10416

JustOneWheel
June 10th 06, 08:35 PM
Great ride, Great riders and Great scenery.

Adam

--
JustOneWheel

There is no better way to have Fun and Exercise. "UNICYCLE"
Every one should have "FUN ON ONE"
JustOneWheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9237

uni57
June 12th 06, 12:11 AM
We did 20 miles on the canal ride yesterday. It was really fun. Best
of all was the pleasure of meeting Teddy and Adam. Thanks, David, for
organizing this wonderful day! And thanks for the refreshments (even
though the cookies had trans fat). :)

Let's do another one soon!

--
uni57

-\"what's a troll?\"- - billythemountain

20 GOTO 10
uni57's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2085

unigrinin
June 13th 06, 12:38 AM
Thanks David I had a wonderful time riding with everybody.

--
unigrinin
unigrinin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12300

uw
June 14th 06, 02:44 AM
Yeah I had a good time too. Thanks for showing up.

Theres lots more to see... I have only seen another 5 miles or so of
the trail and definitely want to do more of it.

I'll try to plan something after the NAUCC.

--
uw
uw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2186

Google