PDA

View Full Version : coker average speed.

zippy
May 16th 06, 09:09 PM
I'm sure you guyz have speedo's on ya cokers, and if ya don't ya should
:p

Wondering with what setup included, what is your guyz average speed, on
whatever route you like to ride?

Considering whether to get a UDC coker or a KH29 for this Hadrian's
wall run.

Damien

--
zippy
zippy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11885

rob.northcott
May 16th 06, 09:13 PM
Try 'here' (http://tinyurl.com/rdtcl)

--
rob.northcott

'Dartmoor Muni Weekend'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46116) - Last
weekend in May 2006

zippy
May 16th 06, 09:15 PM
still doesn't help compare for 29" coz i don't have a basis of
comparison. Any thoughts?

--
zippy
zippy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11885

zippy
May 16th 06, 09:15 PM
still doesn't help compare for 29" coz i don't have a basis of
comparison. Any thoughts?

--
zippy
zippy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11885

sockmonster
May 16th 06, 09:33 PM
I'm on my way around New England on a Coker with 20lbs of gear on the
frame. I've clocked my speed on a GPS receiver as high as 16 MPH with
an average of 10 or 11 MPH.

I don't quite get what you're asking. A Coker is the fastest unicycle
you can get without gearing up a giraffe or finding an internally
geared hub. A lot of distance riders prefer a coker with 4 1/2" cranks
for maximum distance with minimum stroke.

--
sockmonster

www.unicyclemax.com
sockmonster's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4286

zippy
May 16th 06, 09:42 PM
http://tinyurl.com/gq9pq

that is the runz gradiants, just looking at options.

--
zippy
zippy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11885

mark williamson
May 16th 06, 11:42 PM
Yo,

Do you have more information about this Hadrian's wall run? Is it open
to the public? What sort of event is it?

I'm not that fit, and on my Nimbus 29er (125mm cranks), I can average
8-9mph no problem. My top speed, trying really hard is just a touch
under 14mph, but that doesn't leave much room for error. These numbers
are from my cycle computer which is approximately correctly set but may
not be completely accurate.

Cheers,
Mark

--
mark williamson

Dave: Just a question. What use is a unicyle with no seat? And no
pedals!
Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!
mark williamson's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11301

zippy
May 17th 06, 12:52 AM
it's a special event on the 15th-22nd of july - 20 quid a night - 30
miles a day average and luggage / camping / breakfast included. you'd
need a tent.

--
zippy
zippy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11885

johnfoss
May 17th 06, 03:50 AM
According to my meager research, the best unicycle for riding *up* Mt.
Diablo in Northern CA (1000+ meters, 3300') is a Coker. When it comes
down to slogging at your cardio conditioning's limit, the Coker is
going to go faster than something smaller.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"The worst thing you can do on a unicycle when you land is stop dead."
-- Kris Holm, world's expert on high-consequence unicycling

Daytripper63
May 17th 06, 03:57 AM
zippy wrote:
> I'm sure you guyz have speedo's on ya cokers, and if ya don't ya should
> :p
>
> Wondering with what setup included, what is your guyz average speed, on
> whatever route you like to ride?
>
> Considering whether to get a UDC coker or a KH29 for this Hadrian's
> wall run.
>
> Damien

Get both, I did... I have the radial 360 and the KH29 and you really
cant compare the two
I love both of them

--
Daytripper63
Daytripper63's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10789

James_Potter
May 17th 06, 04:21 AM
I donno 'bout you, but I don't wear a speedo while riding my coker.
Anyway, my average speed is usually between 10 and 11 mph, with an
airfoil rim and 150mm crank arms.

--
James_Potter

i still believe that all you need is love...john
lennon
'*mikael atkinson*' (http://www.barefoothippie.com)
jonny peacock is my main man.
mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
*President of the 'MRIS' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)*

zippy
May 17th 06, 11:25 AM
UDC is gonna get me a price for a that alu rim with a schlumpf frame, so
it's all sexy iodized black. If i can't get one b4 that hadrians thing,
i'm prob gonna do it on a 24" :D

--
zippy
zippy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11885