PDA

View Full Version : a fork in the road

ray
May 18th 06, 10:33 AM
Greetings,
Sighted this arvo on city bound train, gormless looking guy in coach
driver's uniform wearing dark glasses, front brake cable an absolute
rat's nest of strand ends, and best of all, front forks of MTB mounted
in backwards (!)LOL
LBS assures me that such fork assembly is a regular sight, particularly
on bikes from Kmart. Must be pretty twitchy to steer with shorter wheel
base and reverse fork rake...

Tamyka Bell
May 19th 06, 01:43 AM
ray wrote:

> Greetings,
> Sighted this arvo on city bound train, gormless looking guy in coach
> driver's uniform wearing dark glasses, front brake cable an absolute
> rat's nest of strand ends, and best of all, front forks of MTB mounted
> in backwards (!)LOL
> LBS assures me that such fork assembly is a regular sight, particularly
> on bikes from Kmart. Must be pretty twitchy to steer with shorter wheel
> base and reverse fork rake...

I really hate that, here's someone trying to do the right thing, got
himself a bike, and it's a pos and unsafe :-(

Tam

tony f
May 19th 06, 02:10 AM
"ray" > wrote in message
u...
> Greetings,
> Sighted this arvo on city bound train, gormless looking guy in coach
> driver's uniform wearing dark glasses, front brake cable an absolute rat's
> nest of strand ends, and best of all, front forks of MTB mounted in
> backwards (!)LOL
> LBS assures me that such fork assembly is a regular sight, particularly on
> bikes from Kmart. Must be pretty twitchy to steer with shorter wheel base
> and reverse fork rake...

It's not really a surprise. Even some of the supermarket ads show the forks
fitted backwards. I guess this is what happens when a clueless dept store
employee or clueless parent assembles the bike. It's scary though - I wonder
how many riders get injured or find the things too hard to ride and park
them forever.

Just another reason to never buy a bike from a supermarket. Buy your
groceries there instead.

And if you spot a rider with the problem, tell them to get to an LBS - they
won't know they have a problem otherwise.

Tony F

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home