PDA

View Full Version : Wacko Environmentalists....

Mikie
May 24th 06, 12:22 PM
.....would rather see the US turn into a second rate 3rd world country .

Isn't it being pesumptuous that the Great Creator of all things , seen
and unseen , created the world, but we little insignifican nothings can
destroy it? Sure we can dirty it, I understand that. I burn up when I
read the left wing commie posts about the environment. To me it appears
that this is just a power bandwagon that a few wackos jump on for a
free ride.

No more, please!

Moo
May 24th 06, 01:15 PM
"Mikie" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> ....would rather see the US turn into a second rate 3rd world country .
>
> Isn't it being pesumptuous that the Great Creator of all things , seen
> and unseen , created the world, but we little insignifican nothings can
> destroy it? Sure we can dirty it, I understand that. I burn up when I
> read the left wing commie posts about the environment. To me it appears
> that this is just a power bandwagon that a few wackos jump on for a
> free ride.
>
> No more, please!

Errr the human race is destroying the Earth without a doubt, unless measures
are taken to reduce pollution our childrens children won't be having a happy
life!

x1134x
May 24th 06, 03:31 PM
Mikie wrote:
> ....would rather see the US turn into a second rate 3rd world country .
>
> Isn't it being pesumptuous that the Great Creator of all things , seen
> and unseen , created the world, but we little insignifican nothings can
> destroy it? Sure we can dirty it, I understand that. I burn up when I
> read the left wing commie posts about the environment. To me it appears
> that this is just a power bandwagon that a few wackos jump on for a
> free ride.
>
> No more, please!

I'm with you. People need to learn a little EARTH HISTORY. There were
times when the suns output combined with a higher CO2 content in the
atmosphere than we have now when there was no permanent ice at either
pole. No permanent ice people. The volcanoes belch out more
greenhouse gasses than all 6 billion people on earth. There is no
'delicate balance' that exists on earth, if there were, we wouldn't be
here, NO life would be here.

x1134x

Sorni
May 24th 06, 05:08 PM
x1134x wrote:
> Mikie wrote:
>> ....would rather see the US turn into a second rate 3rd world
>> country .
>>
>> Isn't it being pesumptuous that the Great Creator of all things ,
>> seen and unseen , created the world, but we little insignifican
>> nothings can destroy it? Sure we can dirty it, I understand that. I
>> burn up when I read the left wing commie posts about the
>> environment. To me it appears that this is just a power bandwagon
>> that a few wackos jump on for a free ride.
>>
>> No more, please!
>
> I'm with you. People need to learn a little EARTH HISTORY. There
> were times when the suns output combined with a higher CO2 content in
> the atmosphere than we have now when there was no permanent ice at
> either pole. No permanent ice people. The volcanoes belch out more
> greenhouse gasses than all 6 billion people on earth. There is no
> 'delicate balance' that exists on earth, if there were, we wouldn't be
> here, NO life would be here.

But...but...Al Gore says we're all going to be under water in, like, a few
months!

Bill "it's in a movie so it mus---- ggggrrrrggggggllglglglglglg" S.

di
May 24th 06, 07:49 PM
"x1134x" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Mikie wrote:
>> ....would rather see the US turn into a second rate 3rd world country .
>>
>> Isn't it being pesumptuous that the Great Creator of all things , seen
>> and unseen , created the world, but we little insignifican nothings can
>> destroy it? Sure we can dirty it, I understand that. I burn up when I
>> read the left wing commie posts about the environment. To me it appears
>> that this is just a power bandwagon that a few wackos jump on for a
>> free ride.
>>
>> No more, please!
>
> I'm with you. People need to learn a little EARTH HISTORY. There were
> times when the suns output combined with a higher CO2 content in the
> atmosphere than we have now when there was no permanent ice at either
> pole. No permanent ice people. The volcanoes belch out more
> greenhouse gasses than all 6 billion people on earth. There is no
> 'delicate balance' that exists on earth, if there were, we wouldn't be
> here, NO life would be here.
>
> x1134x

Hold on, being logical is not an option

cc
May 24th 06, 07:59 PM
Mikie wrote:
> ....would rather see the US turn into a second rate 3rd world country .
>
> Isn't it being pesumptuous that the Great Creator of all things , seen
> and unseen , created the world, but we little insignifican nothings can
> destroy it? Sure we can dirty it, I understand that. I burn up when I
> read the left wing commie posts about the environment. To me it appears
> that this is just a power bandwagon that a few wackos jump on for a
> free ride.
>
> No more, please!

WTF does your post have to do with mountain biking?

cc
May 24th 06, 08:00 PM
Sorni wrote:
> x1134x wrote:
>
>>Mikie wrote:
>>
>>>....would rather see the US turn into a second rate 3rd world
>>>country .
>>>
>>>Isn't it being pesumptuous that the Great Creator of all things ,
>>>seen and unseen , created the world, but we little insignifican
>>>nothings can destroy it? Sure we can dirty it, I understand that. I
>>>burn up when I read the left wing commie posts about the
>>>environment. To me it appears that this is just a power bandwagon
>>>that a few wackos jump on for a free ride.
>>>
>>>No more, please!
>>
>>I'm with you. People need to learn a little EARTH HISTORY. There
>>were times when the suns output combined with a higher CO2 content in
>>the atmosphere than we have now when there was no permanent ice at
>>either pole. No permanent ice people. The volcanoes belch out more
>>greenhouse gasses than all 6 billion people on earth. There is no
>>'delicate balance' that exists on earth, if there were, we wouldn't be
>>here, NO life would be here.
>

> But...but...Al Gore says we're all going to be under water in, like, a few
> months!

"I'm super-dooper serial guys. Why won't anyone listen to me?!"

Shawn
May 24th 06, 08:07 PM
x1134x wrote:
> Mikie wrote:
>
>>....would rather see the US turn into a second rate 3rd world country .
>>
>>Isn't it being pesumptuous that the Great Creator of all things , seen
>>and unseen , created the world, but we little insignifican nothings can
>>destroy it? Sure we can dirty it, I understand that. I burn up when I
>>read the left wing commie posts about the environment. To me it appears
>>that this is just a power bandwagon that a few wackos jump on for a
>>free ride.
>>
>>No more, please!
>

> I'm with you. People need to learn a little EARTH HISTORY. There were
> times when the suns output combined with a higher CO2 content in the
> atmosphere than we have now when there was no permanent ice at either
> pole. No permanent ice people. The volcanoes belch out more
> greenhouse gasses than all 6 billion people on earth. There is no
> 'delicate balance' that exists on earth, if there were, we wouldn't be
> here, NO life would be here.

Far be it that data sully your argument. Nevertheless, I am compelled:

http://volcano.und.edu/vwdocs/Gases/man.html

http://www.geology.sdsu.edu/how_volcanoes_work/climate_effects.html

from: http://hvo.wr.usgs.gov/volcanowatch/1998/98_10_22.html

"On the Big Island, we have a significant natural source of greenhouse
gas. Kilauea volcano emits more than 700,000 tons of CO2 each year, less
than 0.01% of the yearly global contribution by human sources. For some
local perspective, this is about the same amount of CO2 as is emitted by
132,000 sport utility vehicles (there are 118,000 registered vehicles on
the island)."

Shawn

MattB
May 24th 06, 08:40 PM
Mikie wrote:
> ....would rather see the US turn into a second rate 3rd world country .
>
> Isn't it being pesumptuous that the Great Creator of all things , seen
> and unseen , created the world, but we little insignifican nothings can
> destroy it? Sure we can dirty it, I understand that. I burn up when I
> read the left wing commie posts about the environment. To me it appears
> that this is just a power bandwagon that a few wackos jump on for a
> free ride.
>
> No more, please!

Whew, now that you've said that it will surely stop! ;)

But seriously:
What the world really needs is more reasonable environmentalists. Guys
like MV hurt their causes by taking a group of people who have a similar
idea, like "We should take steps to help preserve what we have" and pits
them against each other with his "you're either with me or against me"
extremist viewpoints.
Given that choice by a whacko, any reasonable person would choose to be
against him. When really, a more moderate approach like "We should try
and ride bikes more and drive less" is something almost anyone can
understand and participate in. Greater numbers of people doing a few
little things is going to have a bigger impact than a few extremists
doing or saying radical things.

Matt

MattB
May 24th 06, 08:46 PM
Shawn wrote:
> x1134x wrote:
>
>> Mikie wrote:
>>
>>> ....would rather see the US turn into a second rate 3rd world country .
>>>
>>> Isn't it being pesumptuous that the Great Creator of all things , seen
>>> and unseen , created the world, but we little insignifican nothings can
>>> destroy it? Sure we can dirty it, I understand that. I burn up when I
>>> read the left wing commie posts about the environment. To me it appears
>>> that this is just a power bandwagon that a few wackos jump on for a
>>> free ride.
>>>
>>> No more, please!
>>

>> I'm with you. People need to learn a little EARTH HISTORY. There were
>> times when the suns output combined with a higher CO2 content in the
>> atmosphere than we have now when there was no permanent ice at either
>> pole. No permanent ice people. The volcanoes belch out more
>> greenhouse gasses than all 6 billion people on earth. There is no
>> 'delicate balance' that exists on earth, if there were, we wouldn't be
>> here, NO life would be here.
>

> Far be it that data sully your argument. Nevertheless, I am compelled:
>

> http://volcano.und.edu/vwdocs/Gases/man.html
>
> http://www.geology.sdsu.edu/how_volcanoes_work/climate_effects.html
>
> from: http://hvo.wr.usgs.gov/volcanowatch/1998/98_10_22.html
>
> "On the Big Island, we have a significant natural source of greenhouse
> gas. Kilauea volcano emits more than 700,000 tons of CO2 each year, less
> than 0.01% of the yearly global contribution by human sources. For some
> local perspective, this is about the same amount of CO2 as is emitted by
> 132,000 sport utility vehicles (there are 118,000 registered vehicles on
> the island)."
>
> Shawn

You and your "facts". Whacko! ;)

Matt

Shawn
May 24th 06, 09:55 PM
MattB wrote:
> Shawn wrote:
>
>> x1134x wrote:

>>> I'm with you. People need to learn a little EARTH HISTORY. There were
>>> times when the suns output combined with a higher CO2 content in the
>>> atmosphere than we have now when there was no permanent ice at either
>>> pole. No permanent ice people. The volcanoes belch out more
>>> greenhouse gasses than all 6 billion people on earth. There is no
>>> 'delicate balance' that exists on earth, if there were, we wouldn't be
>>> here, NO life would be here.
>>

>> Far be it that data sully your argument. Nevertheless, I am compelled:
>>

>> http://volcano.und.edu/vwdocs/Gases/man.html
>>
>> http://www.geology.sdsu.edu/how_volcanoes_work/climate_effects.html
>>
>> from: http://hvo.wr.usgs.gov/volcanowatch/1998/98_10_22.html
>>
>> "On the Big Island, we have a significant natural source of greenhouse
>> gas. Kilauea volcano emits more than 700,000 tons of CO2 each year,
>> less than 0.01% of the yearly global contribution by human sources.
>> For some local perspective, this is about the same amount of CO2 as is
>> emitted by 132,000 sport utility vehicles (there are 118,000
>> registered vehicles on the island)."
>>
>> Shawn
>

> You and your "facts". Whacko! ;)

hehe
But seriously, climate change means the Monarch Crest will melt out
before I move to Boulder. :-)

Shawn

MattB
May 24th 06, 09:56 PM
Shawn wrote:
> MattB wrote:
>
>> Shawn wrote:

>>> Far be it that data sully your argument. Nevertheless, I am compelled:
>>>

>>> http://volcano.und.edu/vwdocs/Gases/man.html
>>>
>>> http://www.geology.sdsu.edu/how_volcanoes_work/climate_effects.html
>>>
>>> from: http://hvo.wr.usgs.gov/volcanowatch/1998/98_10_22.html
>>>
>>> "On the Big Island, we have a significant natural source of
>>> greenhouse gas. Kilauea volcano emits more than 700,000 tons of CO2
>>> each year, less than 0.01% of the yearly global contribution by human
>>> sources. For some local perspective, this is about the same amount of
>>> CO2 as is emitted by 132,000 sport utility vehicles (there are
>>> 118,000 registered vehicles on the island)."
>>>
>>> Shawn
>>

>> You and your "facts". Whacko! ;)
>

> hehe
> But seriously, climate change means the Monarch Crest will melt out
> before I move to Boulder. :-)
>
> Shawn

Yeah, but I want my long ski seasons!

Matt

x1134x
May 27th 06, 08:48 PM
Shawn wrote:

> "On the Big Island, we have a significant natural source of greenhouse
> gas. Kilauea volcano emits more than 700,000 tons of CO2 each year, less
> than 0.01% of the yearly global contribution by human sources. For some
> local perspective, this is about the same amount of CO2 as is emitted by
> 132,000 sport utility vehicles (there are 118,000 registered vehicles on
> the island)."

Far be it from you to convert that which is not fact into fact as well:

"Present-day carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions from subaerial and
submarine volcanoes are uncertain at the present time. "

Unknown (uncertain) quantities are not facts

Estimates are not facts.

If you only look back in time 4000 or so years, you are not studying
earth sciences. you are studying recorded history.

x1134x

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home