PDA

View Full Version : is Holden killing off the wagon??

Katharine & Paul
May 25th 06, 12:53 PM
new VE sedan in August

Wagon not until early 2008!

Its this kind of delayed release, and selling an old model alongside a new
model that killed off the Ford Fairlane (once a big seller)

http://www.editorial.discountnewcars.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/4CF81CAE95802EF6CA25717800052B58

fmc5
May 25th 06, 01:35 PM
Katharine & Paul Wrote:
> new VE sedan in August
>
> Wagon not until early 2008!
>
> Its this kind of delayed release, and selling an old model alongside a
> new
> model that killed off the Ford Fairlane (once a big seller)
>

> http://tinyurl.com/n27ou

and we care because ?

--
fmc5

cfsmtb
May 25th 06, 01:43 PM
fmc5 Wrote:
> and we care because ?

They've confused us.

Confused us with people who give a ****.

--
cfsmtb

Donga
May 26th 06, 02:16 AM
cfsmtb wrote:
> fmc5 Wrote:
> > and we care because ?
>
> They've confused us.
>
> Confused us with people who give a ****.

A bit harsh, perhaps. In an extinction event, unless catastrophic,
species go slowly at first, followed by a rush. So will cars.
;-)

Donga

DJ
May 28th 06, 01:31 AM
"Donga" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> cfsmtb wrote:
>> fmc5 Wrote:
>> > and we care because ?
>>
>> They've confused us.
>>
>> Confused us with people who give a ****.
>
> A bit harsh, perhaps. In an extinction event, unless catastrophic,
> species go slowly at first, followed by a rush. So will cars.
> ;-)
>
> Donga

It's actually an encouraging sign, all those big cars especially big 4WD's
becoming more expensive to run due high fuel costs, now being sold off for
smaller vehicles and even more bikes equals less danger to
Motorcyclists......eventually!! One can only hope.

DJ

Katharine & Paul
May 28th 06, 11:14 AM
Sorry, this post was meant for aus.cars

But aren't station wagons ideal for transporting bikes to races far away????

"DJ" > wrote in message

> "Donga" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>>
>> cfsmtb wrote:
>>>
>>> They've confused us.
>>>
>>> Confused us with people who give a ****.
>>
>> A bit harsh, perhaps. In an extinction event, unless catastrophic,
>> species go slowly at first, followed by a rush. So will cars.
>> ;-)
>>
>> Donga
>
> It's actually an encouraging sign, all those big cars especially big 4WD's
> becoming more expensive to run due high fuel costs, now being sold off for
> smaller vehicles and even more bikes equals less danger to
> Motorcyclists......eventually!! One can only hope.
>
> DJ

TimC
May 28th 06, 11:43 AM
On 2006-05-28, Katharine & Paul (aka Bruce)
> Sorry, this post was meant for aus.cars
>
> But aren't station wagons ideal for transporting bikes to races far away????

4WDs.

--
TimC
My cats are forbidden from walking on my computer keyboard on the desk

Resound
May 28th 06, 12:00 PM
"TimC" > wrote in message
> On 2006-05-28, Katharine & Paul (aka Bruce)
>> Sorry, this post was meant for aus.cars
>>
>> But aren't station wagons ideal for transporting bikes to races far
>> away????
>
> 4WDs.

What about them?

TimC
May 28th 06, 12:46 PM
On 2006-05-28, Resound (aka Bruce)

> "TimC" > wrote in message
>> On 2006-05-28, Katharine & Paul (aka Bruce)
>> was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:
>>> Sorry, this post was meant for aus.cars
>>>
>>> But aren't station wagons ideal for transporting bikes to races far
>>> away????
>>
>> 4WDs.
>>
> What about them?

They're ideal for transporting a bike to a race. Preferably one
within walking distance though, so I didn't strictly answer the
question.

--
TimC
An optimist thinks we are living in the best of all possible worlds. A

PiledHigher
May 29th 06, 02:52 AM
TimC wrote:

> >> 4WDs.
> >>
> > What about them?
>
> They're ideal for transporting a bike to a race. Preferably one
> within walking distance though, so I didn't strictly answer the
> question.

Just like sledgehammers are ideal for putting in nails.

Bikes fit on or in even very small cars. I have done most of my bike
transporting in the rear of a 323 harch.

Of course you will race better with a proper warm up so riding to races
is ideal..

TimC
May 29th 06, 03:16 AM
On 2006-05-29, PiledHigher (aka Bruce)

>> > What about them?
>>
>> They're ideal for transporting a bike to a race. Preferably one
>> within walking distance though, so I didn't strictly answer the
>> question.
>
> Just like sledgehammers are ideal for putting in nails.

Dammit, I should have included the standard X-Sarcasm-Level: header in
my post.

Although, I would have thought the "walking distance" comment would
have been enough.

> Bikes fit on or in even very small cars. I have done most of my bike
> transporting in the rear of a 323 harch.

I used to fit a bike in a mitsubitchi colt hatchback, without taking
wheels off. With other crap in the car.

--
TimC
Memory fault -- core...uh...um...core... Oh dammit, I forget!

peterlip
May 29th 06, 04:56 AM
PiledHigher Wrote:

> Bikes fit on or in even very small cars. I have done most of my bike
> transporting in the rear of a 323 harch.
> The other week I was walking through the CBD, and a Smart Car drove
past, one of those tiny 2 seaters. It had a bike rack with bike, on the
back. The car is so small, it looked like bike was sticking out on both
sides. The future is here.....

--
peterlip

DaveB
May 29th 06, 06:01 AM
peterlip wrote:
> PiledHigher Wrote:
>
>>Bikes fit on or in even very small cars. I have done most of my bike
>>transporting in the rear of a 323 harch.
>>The other week I was walking through the CBD, and a Smart Car drove
>
> past, one of those tiny 2 seaters. It had a bike rack with bike, on the
> back. The car is so small, it looked like bike was sticking out on both
> sides. The future is here.....

LOL, I'll be waiting to see the bike with a smart car on the rack
sticking out both sides. Then the future will really be here.

DaveB

Bleve
May 29th 06, 07:23 AM
TimC wrote:

> I used to fit a bike in a mitsubitchi colt hatchback, without taking
> wheels off. With other crap in the car.

Your 12" BMX with trainer wheels does not count!

TimC
May 29th 06, 07:45 AM
On 2006-05-29, Bleve (aka Bruce)

> TimC wrote:
>
>> I used to fit a bike in a mitsubitchi colt hatchback, without taking
>> wheels off. With other crap in the car.
>
> Your 12" BMX with trainer wheels does not count!

K-mart ****ter "mens" MTB, actually. It was a juggling act. Good
thing the car interior wasn't worth spending much effort protecting.

Trainer wheels, pffft.

I'll have you know, the only bike I ever rode with training wheels was
on a weekend away. I was about 4 or so, and it was the first bike I
was put on. I screamed at dad when he let me go, but then he told me
that my training wheels weren't even touching the ground. I could
ride a bike!

--
TimC
Tim heals all wounds -- Ben Fisher on RHOD

Donga
May 29th 06, 08:08 AM
DaveB wrote:

> LOL, I'll be waiting to see the bike with a smart car on the rack
> sticking out both sides. Then the future will really be here.

.... or better still, the poseur riding a bike instead of driving their
car!

Donga

BrettS
May 29th 06, 09:06 AM
TimC wrote:
> On 2006-05-28, Resound (aka Bruce)
>
>>"TimC" > wrote in message
>>
>>>On 2006-05-28, Katharine & Paul (aka Bruce)
>>> was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:

>>>4WDs.
>>>

>>What about them?
>

> They're ideal for transporting a bike to a race. Preferably one
> within walking distance though, so I didn't strictly answer the
> question.

Are they really ideal? I know you've tried putting your bike inside a
few 4WDs but without getting off and opening the doors first!

*grins, ducks and runs*

--
BrettS

TimC
May 29th 06, 09:17 AM
On 2006-05-29, BrettS (aka Bruce)
> TimC wrote:
>> On 2006-05-28, Resound (aka Bruce)
>> was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:
>>>
>>>What about them?
>>
>> They're ideal for transporting a bike to a race. Preferably one
>> within walking distance though, so I didn't strictly answer the
>> question.
>>
> Are they really ideal? I know you've tried putting your bike inside a
> few 4WDs but without getting off and opening the doors first!

It's very impolite of me, isn't it?

Won't _anybody_ think of the 4WD doors?

--
TimC
So there you have it, supplicant. The Europeans aren't morally superior

zog
May 30th 06, 01:26 AM
TimC wrote:

> They're ideal for transporting a bike to a race. Preferably one
> within walking distance though, so I didn't strictly answer the
> question.

right, about as useless as that moron that moves his family to the house
next door in that insurance ad ;)

I use a small Daihatsu handyvan, I can get two bikes in that and two people

Bleve
May 30th 06, 02:22 AM
zog wrote:
> TimC wrote:
> >
> > They're ideal for transporting a bike to a race. Preferably one
> > within walking distance though, so I didn't strictly answer the
> > question.
> >

> right, about as useless as that moron that moves his family to the house
> next door in that insurance ad ;)
>
> I use a small Daihatsu handyvan, I can get two bikes in that and two people

I ride to most of my races, you're all soft!

PiledHigher
May 30th 06, 02:27 AM
Bleve wrote:
> I ride to most of my races, you're all soft!

But getting a lift home with one of your clients doesn't count.

Terryc
May 30th 06, 03:33 AM
Katharine & Paul wrote:
> Sorry, this post was meant for aus.cars
>
> But aren't station wagons ideal for transporting bikes to races far away????

Nope, useless.
Get a ute or a decent courier van if you want security as well.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home