PDA

View Full Version : Melb: Fellow commuter rage... maybe..?

gplama
May 31st 06, 03:20 AM
Outbound Studly Rd into Kew last night around 8:30pm... after a hard
session at the velo and a hard lap of the bouile I was almost spent. I
spot a roadie commuter fly past.. arh good.. one last target.. Off I
take.. caught him in no time. He stops at the lights at the bottom of
the last rise (before the descent in to Kew junction). I hold back to
have more speed to get up and over. I pass while he was out of the
saddle grinding away, giving him more room than required, not swerving
in or out.

I keep the hammer down - doing my own thing. I then slow to turn off
next to Vimy House. As I turn, I get a blast right in the ear. I have
no idea what he said, but it was aggressive. I let him have it and keep
on with my cool down in the back streets.

Do you also scream at cars and motorbikes that pass you? Your Turrets
Syndrome returning? Next time, stfu, or take a turn on the front.

GPL - Commuter Olympian

--
gplama

Zebee Johnstone
May 31st 06, 04:08 AM
In aus.bicycle on Wed, 31 May 2006 12:20:39 +1000
gplama > wrote:

> I keep the hammer down - doing my own thing. I then slow to turn off
> next to Vimy House. As I turn, I get a blast right in the ear. I have
> no idea what he said, but it was aggressive. I let him have it and keep

Are you sure it wasn't "are you aware that there's a large hole in
your knicks?"

Zebee

Tamyka Bell
May 31st 06, 04:50 AM
Zebee Johnstone wrote:

> In aus.bicycle on Wed, 31 May 2006 12:20:39 +1000
> gplama > wrote:
> >
> > I keep the hammer down - doing my own thing. I then slow to turn off
> > next to Vimy House. As I turn, I get a blast right in the ear. I have
> > no idea what he said, but it was aggressive. I let him have it and keep
>
> Are you sure it wasn't "are you aware that there's a large hole in
> your knicks?"
>
> Zebee

Or, "Did you see what that fscker in the conformadore just did? I'm
gonna beat the fsck out of him at the next traffic lights..."

Tam

Gemma_k
May 31st 06, 08:38 AM
"gplama" > wrote in message

> Outbound Studly Rd into Kew last night around 8:30pm... after a hard
> session at the velo and a hard lap of the bouile I was almost spent. I
> spot a roadie commuter fly past.. arh good.. one last target.. Off I
> take.. caught him in no time. He stops at the lights at the bottom of
> the last rise (before the descent in to Kew junction). I hold back to
> have more speed to get up and over. I pass while he was out of the
> saddle grinding away, giving him more room than required, not swerving
> in or out.
>
> I keep the hammer down - doing my own thing. I then slow to turn off
> next to Vimy House. As I turn, I get a blast right in the ear. I have
> no idea what he said, but it was aggressive. I let him have it and keep
> on with my cool down in the back streets.
>
> Do you also scream at cars and motorbikes that pass you? Your Turrets
> Syndrome returning? Next time, stfu, or take a turn on the front.

Was he drafting you and you suprised him by braking, or swerving right to
turn left, or....?

monsterman
May 31st 06, 11:59 AM
PHP code:
--------------------

--------------------
gplama Wrote:
> Outbound Studly Rd into Kew last night around 8:30pm... after a hard
> session at the velo and a hard lap of the bouile I was almost spent. I
> spot a roadie commuter fly past.. arh good.. one last target.. Off I
> take.. caught him in no time. He stops at the lights at the bottom of
> the last rise (before the descent in to Kew junction). I hold back to
> have more speed to get up and over. I pass while he was out of the
> saddle grinding away, giving him more room than required, not swerving
> in or out.
>
> I keep the hammer down - doing my own thing. I then slow to turn off
> next to Vimy House. As I turn, I get a blast right in the ear. I have
> no idea what he said, but it was aggressive. I let him have it and keep
> on with my cool down in the back streets.
>
> Do you also scream at cars and motorbikes that pass you? Your Turrets
> Syndrome returning? Next time, stfu, or take a turn on the front.
>

> GPL - Commuter Olympian
PHP code:
--------------------

--------------------

maybe the crooked-toothed stinky pommie "former world champ"
wheelsucker terrorising the river ride up here recently has moved down
your way. We can only hope

--
monsterman

ritcho
May 31st 06, 10:17 PM
gplama Wrote:
> Outbound Studly Rd into Kew last night around 8:30pm... after a hard
> session at the velo and a hard lap of the bouile I was almost spent. I
> spot a roadie commuter fly past.. arh good.. one last target.. Off I
> take.. caught him in no time. He stops at the lights at the bottom of
> the last rise (before the descent in to Kew junction). I hold back to
> have more speed to get up and over. I pass while he was out of the
> saddle grinding away, giving him more room than required, not swerving
> in or out.
>
> I keep the hammer down - doing my own thing. I then slow to turn off
> next to Vimy House. As I turn, I get a blast right in the ear. I have
> no idea what he said, but it was aggressive. I let him have it and keep
> on with my cool down in the back streets.
>
> Do you also scream at cars and motorbikes that pass you? Your Turrets
> Syndrome returning? Next time, stfu, or take a turn on the front.
>

> GPL - Commuter Olympian

Take a turn on the front? What am I, Jens Voigt? Scream at cars? why
not I say, and don't stop at cars, scream at pedestrians, dogs and
discarded milk cartons! Arrrgh!

That does feel better :)

Riders in the western suburbs must be more relaxed... I haven't seen or
heard similar 'around our way'.

Ritch

--
ritcho

gplama
May 31st 06, 11:52 PM
MikeyOz Wrote:
> on a similar vain to this post, I want to outlaw anybody I don't care
> who it is wearing white knicks, without having something on underneath
> them!!!

'cept for the ladies ;)

--
gplama

LotteBum
June 1st 06, 03:17 AM
MikeyOz Wrote:
> on a similar vain to this post, I want to outlaw anybody I don't care
> who it is wearing white knicks, without having something on underneath
> them!!!
>
> Hello!! White! Sweat! for god's sake.... it's just not right.
Don't knock the Flight Centre boys. I have their butts forever in my
mind. Rrrr!

--
LotteBum

deejbah
June 1st 06, 05:25 AM
MikeyOz Wrote:
> on a similar vain to this post, I want to outlaw anybody I don't care
> who it is wearing white knicks, without having something on underneath
> them!!!
>
> Hello!! White! Sweat! for god's sake.... it's just not right.I have seen a guy riding his bike in Adelaide with a flesh-coloured
bodysuit. At first glance, we thought he was riding naked! I was on the
bus at the time and despite having my camera, couldn't get a shot of him
because a truck was in the way.

--
deejbah

gplama
June 1st 06, 05:36 AM
deejbah Wrote:
> I have seen a guy riding his bike in Adelaide with a flesh-coloured
> bodysuit. At first glance, we thought he was riding naked! I was on the
> bus at the time and despite having my camera, couldn't get a shot of him
> because a truck was in the way.

Only in Adelaide would a grown man admit to wanting to take a picutre
of another grown man looking nekkid! :P

--
gplama

Random Data
June 1st 06, 06:56 AM
On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 08:52:53 +1000, gplama wrote:

> 'cept for the ladies ;)

Didn't TimC establish that should be spelled "Laydeeez", with an emphasis
on slEEEEZ?

--
Dave Hughes |
"Forty-two" - Deep Thought

MikeyOz
June 1st 06, 09:11 AM
deejbah Wrote:
> Ha! Normally, I would have been riding and not had my camera on me. I
> still to this day have trouble convincing myself that I actually saw
> what i saw!:eek:

I think I would have just tried to block it out of my mind, just as I
am doing with what I saw the other day... *shudder*

--
MikeyOz

Tamyka Bell
June 2nd 06, 02:13 AM
LotteBum wrote:

> MikeyOz Wrote:
> > on a similar vain to this post, I want to outlaw anybody I don't care
> > who it is wearing white knicks, without having something on underneath
> > them!!!
> >
> > Hello!! White! Sweat! for god's sake.... it's just not right.
> Don't knock the Flight Centre boys. I have their butts forever in my
> mind. Rrrr!

Did Adam mention the one bending over fixing a puncture near the vibe
ramp???

tony f
June 2nd 06, 02:17 AM
"MikeyOz" > wrote in message

> deejbah Wrote:
>> Ha! Normally, I would have been riding and not had my camera on me. I
>> still to this day have trouble convincing myself that I actually saw
>> what i saw!:eek:
>
> I think I would have just tried to block it out of my mind, just as I
> am doing with what I saw the other day... *shudder*

Hmmm - it might be time to reprise my tinsel outfit [1]. There must be some
eyes that have recovered by now... It was funny when everyone raced to keep
ahead of me so they didn't have to look, and I raced to keep ahead of them
so they did!

Dave@ might come alone with a link to a pic - if you dare!

Tony F
[1] g-string wrapped in tinsel, ribbon flowers on my nipples, helmet and
shoes

Random Data
June 2nd 06, 10:59 AM
On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 01:17:09 +0000, tony f wrote:

> Dave@ might come alone with a link to a pic - if you dare!

Fine. Pimp your own site, but not mine. Bloody shameless you are!

http://hired-goons.net/mtb-oz/tinsel.jpg

--
Dave Hughes |
"Strata and syncline are not terms typically used in office

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home