PDA

View Full Version : Perth: Howard Sattler on Channel 7

Beavers
June 1st 06, 10:41 AM
No one has yet posted a comment about Howard Sattler's effort on Today
Tonight here last night. Perhaps it's like Seven's Sunrise - nobody watches
it. (The Chaser are suggesting that the best way to make sure no one knows
about a new government policy is to announce it on Sunrise.) Anyhow, after
saying that roads should be for the cars and cyclists keep to the footpaths,
Sattler (shock-jock on 6PR; had a stint in NSW that nobody noticed and then
came back to the West) donned lycra and went for a ride with a group that
have Main Roads on their jerseys. He was a bit surprised at how vulnerable
he felt on a couple of occasions, and while he now understood how it is for
cyclists, he still thought they should get off the road, although he
realises cycling on footpaths in the CBD is not really feasible.

Another great example of in-shallow reporting in our media.

Cheers
John

Resound
June 1st 06, 10:46 AM
Beavers Wrote:
> No one has yet posted a comment about Howard Sattler's effort on Today
> Tonight here last night. Perhaps it's like Seven's Sunrise - nobody
> watches
> it. (The Chaser are suggesting that the best way to make sure no one
> knows
> about a new government policy is to announce it on Sunrise.) Anyhow,
> after
> saying that roads should be for the cars and cyclists keep to the
> footpaths,
> Sattler (shock-jock on 6PR; had a stint in NSW that nobody noticed and
> then
> came back to the West) donned lycra and went for a ride with a group
> that
> have Main Roads on their jerseys. He was a bit surprised at how
> vulnerable
> he felt on a couple of occasions, and while he now understood how it is
> for
> cyclists, he still thought they should get off the road, although he
> realises cycling on footpaths in the CBD is not really feasible.
>
> Another great example of in-shallow reporting in our media.
>
> Cheers
> John

So did he have any suggestions as to where he thought cyclists *should*
ride?

--
Resound

cfsmtb
June 1st 06, 10:48 AM
Beavers Wrote:
> No one has yet posted a comment about Howard Sattler's effort on Today
> Tonight here last night. Perhaps it's like Seven's Sunrise - nobody
> watches it. (The Chaser are suggesting that the best way to make sure
> no one knows about a new government policy is to announce it on
> Sunrise.)

Blinked and missed it. Was shown only in Perth or did the eastern
states suffer this broadcast as well?

--
cfsmtb

ray
June 1st 06, 11:16 AM
cfsmtb wrote:
> Beavers Wrote:
>
>>No one has yet posted a comment about Howard Sattler's effort on Today
>>Tonight here last night. Perhaps it's like Seven's Sunrise - nobody
>>watches it. (The Chaser are suggesting that the best way to make sure
>>no one knows about a new government policy is to announce it on
>>Sunrise.)
>

> Blinked and missed it. Was shown only in Perth or did the eastern
> states suffer this broadcast as well?

Channel Seven, the Network for Morons. The same dopey channel who
conducted a news poll last year on the subject, `Should cyclists be
banned in peak hour?' On principle, I NEVER watch these turds so I can't
tell you what the result was.
This is fairly typical of the ******** they regularly come up with.
Watch `Today Tonight' and you'll believe anything. When the oil price
goes through the roof and they start bleating about rationing, have a
good laugh, these f-wits were warned.

Euan
June 1st 06, 11:42 AM
Beavers wrote:
> No one has yet posted a comment about Howard Sattler's effort on Today
> Tonight here last night. Perhaps it's like Seven's Sunrise - nobody watches
> it. (The Chaser are suggesting that the best way to make sure no one knows
> about a new government policy is to announce it on Sunrise.) Anyhow, after
> saying that roads should be for the cars and cyclists keep to the footpaths,
> Sattler (shock-jock on 6PR; had a stint in NSW that nobody noticed and then
> came back to the West) donned lycra and went for a ride with a group that
> have Main Roads on their jerseys. He was a bit surprised at how vulnerable
> he felt on a couple of occasions, and while he now understood how it is for
> cyclists, he still thought they should get off the road, although he
> realises cycling on footpaths in the CBD is not really feasible.
>
> Another great example of in-shallow reporting in our media.

Yep. There's a BV thread on it.
http://www.bv.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1174&highlight=&sid=702525fddcdc24657801d39e7feca541
--
Cheers | ~~ __@
Euan | ~~ _-\<,

cfsmtb
June 1st 06, 12:29 PM
ray Wrote:

> This is fairly typical of the ******** they regularly come up with.
> Watch `Today Tonight' and you'll believe anything. When the oil price
> goes through the roof and they start bleating about rationing, have a
> good laugh, these f-wits were warned.

Oh well Ray, should I put a laughter track on this page? :D
http://www.woj.com.au/crankbusters/anti-cyclist-media-bias/

--
cfsmtb

June 1st 06, 10:23 PM
On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 09:41:15 GMT, "Beavers" > wrote:

> No one has yet posted a comment about Howard Sattler's effort on Today
> Tonight here last night. Perhaps it's like Seven's Sunrise - nobody watches
> it. (The Chaser are suggesting that the best way to make sure no one knows
> about a new government policy is to announce it on Sunrise.) Anyhow, after
> saying that roads should be for the cars and cyclists keep to the footpaths,
> Sattler (shock-jock on 6PR; had a stint in NSW that nobody noticed and then
> came back to the West) donned lycra and went for a ride with a group that
> have Main Roads on their jerseys. He was a bit surprised at how vulnerable
> he felt on a couple of occasions, and while he now understood how it is for
> cyclists, he still thought they should get off the road, although he
> realises cycling on footpaths in the CBD is not really feasible.

You should describe Sattler as a failed Sydney radio announcer. He only lasted 18 months or so here
before retreating back west.

Theo Bekkers
June 1st 06, 11:45 PM
wrote:

> You should describe Sattler as a failed Sydney radio announcer. He
> only lasted 18 months or so here before retreating back west.

Damn! Most of us in the West wished him success in the East. Now we've got
him back.
No, didn't watch it. Not home early enough.

Theo

SteveA
June 2nd 06, 02:50 AM
I can't listen to him on the radio. It makes me too cranky. He just
takes whatever position on an issue that he thinks the 'great unwashed'
will support. He is just as likely to criticise the police for being
too heavy handed in a particular situation then, 6 months later,
criticise them for not going in harder and earlier in a similar
situation.

Evolution, eh...how the hell did it give us these radio shock jocks?

SteveA

--
SteveA

Google