PDA

View Full Version : Christine Malthouse at the Melbourne Bicycle Centre

Euan
June 2nd 06, 01:54 AM
Day off 'cause I've already racked up fifty hours this week. I should
take two days off but let's not be greedy.

So idly clicking through Internet stuff when the perennially and
irritatingly cheery presenter on the telly that's on in the background
announces `and now across to Christine Malthouse at the Melbourne
Bicycle Centre.'

What followed was a pretty good piece on what you need to do to get the
family in to cycling. It was a short piece but in the time it went
though the various bikes for children, accessories, bike racks for the
car, a tagalong (which Christine absolutely gushed over btw). Piece
wound up with Christine saying ``it's cold, it's wet, can I still get a
ride'' and two seconds later she was demonstrating riding a road bike on
a trainer!

Good stuff indeed.
--
Cheers | ~~ __@
Euan | ~~ _-\<,

Euan
June 2nd 06, 02:34 AM
warrwych wrote:
> Euan Wrote:
>
>>Day off 'cause I've already racked up fifty hours this week. I should
>>take two days off but let's not be greedy.
>>
>>So idly clicking through Internet stuff when the perennially and
>>irritatingly cheery presenter on the telly that's on in the background
>>announces `and now across to Christine Malthouse at the Melbourne
>>Bicycle Centre.'
>>
>> What followed was a pretty good piece on what you need to do to get
>> the family in to cycling. It was a short piece but in the time it
>> went though the various bikes for children, accessories, bike racks
>> for the car, a tagalong (which Christine absolutely gushed over
>> btw). Piece wound up with Christine saying ``it's cold, it's wet,
>> can I still get a ride'' and two seconds later she was
>> demonstrating riding a road bike on a trainer!
>>
>> Good stuff indeed.
>
> a bit like (but not quite) a piece on abc early evening tv last night
> on horse ownership. They had a token horse owner - Joh Bailey the
> famoos Sydney hairdresser (!!), and showed him riding his verry nice
> dressage horse around a verrrry nice undercover arena, expounding the
> benefits of horse ownership. Cut back to the studio, for the viewing
> audience to be lectured on the cost of horse ownership, the fact that
> Mr Bailey is a very wealthy horse owner, and that the initial start up
> and ongoing costs are beyond the reach of the average joh blow. So why
> even bother? showing it????? better off buying a wooden rocking horse
> (or a bike and wacking it into a trainer)

Just to be clear there was no neagtive comments on the cut back to the
studio with the cycling segment this morning.
--
Cheers | ~~ __@
Euan | ~~ _-\<,

jake_dmp
June 2nd 06, 03:07 AM
warrwych Wrote:
> a bit like (but not quite) a piece on abc early evening tv last night on
> horse ownership. They had a token horse owner - Joh Bailey the famoos
> Sydney hairdresser (!!), and showed him riding his verry nice dressage
> horse around a verrrry nice undercover arena, expounding the benefits
> of horse ownership. Cut back to the studio, for the viewing audience to
> be lectured on the cost of horse ownership, the fact that Mr Bailey is a
> very wealthy horse owner, and that the initial start up and ongoing
> costs are beyond the reach of the average joh blow. So why even bother?
> showing it????? better off buying a wooden rocking horse (or a bike and
> wacking it into a trainer)I think it is a bit rough comparing Christi Malthouse to Joh Bailey.
Christi is a damm good TV presenter and its good to see someone with
her creditabilty reporting on cycling which let face it gets minimal
exposure.

(OK I am a Collingwood supporter and I think Christi is a fair sort,
but this has no influence on my comments)

--
jake_dmp

warrwych
June 2nd 06, 03:14 AM
jake_dmp Wrote:
> I think it is a bit rough comparing Christi Malthouse to Joh Bailey.
> Christi is a damm good TV presenter and its good to see someone with
> her creditabilty reporting on cycling which let face it gets minimal
> exposure.
>
> (OK I am a Collingwood supporter and I think Christi is a fair sort,
> but this has no influence on my comments)

ummm..nooo.. don't think there was any comparison btn Christi M and Joh
B in my post. I was comparing the content/approach of the 2 tv articles,
and misunderstood Euan's intent (ie I took it as go ride a bike out
side, while I ride a bike indoors). And if you think Christi is a fair
sort, then I would kinda guess you wouldn't think Joh Bailey was as
well ;)

--
warrwych

Google