PDA

View Full Version : RR; Ride like a kid

DaveB
June 3rd 06, 04:30 AM
This morning I decided to do something different. I generally have three
types of ride:
1, Sunday BR, where I may appear lazy but generally have the HR over 85%
and frequently over 95% on the climbs. Ride hard and get home exhausted.
2, Commute with a heap of stuff in panniers and a shortage of time
3, Trailer bike riding with my daughter (school pickups etc)

Today I decided to go for a ride the way I would have as a kid; get on
the bike and just ride. No computers and stats, no plannend mileage or
average speeds. Just ride. Got up at 6:30, grabbed my commuter MTB and
headed south from Bulleen. Came across the Anniversary trail which I
followed roughly to Gardiners Ck. Took a few wrong turns (some of the
signage leaves a little to be desired) but what did I care, I was just
riding. Followed Gardiners and Scotchmans Ck trails outbound and again
lost the trail a few times. Some of the signage really had me shaking my
head. Some signs stating the bleeding obvious and some intersections of
trails with no signs. Eventually found my way to Jells Park and figured
I'd better turn for home with the intent to follow the Dandy Ck trail
back to Maroondah Hwy. Got seriously let down by a lack of signs there
and ended up on High St and headed back to Blackburn Rd and up to the
Eastern Fwy. Two choices there, keep going up the hill and follow
Williamsons Rd to home, or Koonung Ck trail. So far I had had a great
run on the bike paths with no trouble with dogs or pedestrians, but it
was nearly 10am by now and Koonung Ck trail seems to get more idiots
with dogs than anywhere else I've ridden, so followed the main roads
back to home.

Got home tired but refreshed. Three+ hours of just having fun, what a
way to start a weekend.

Oh forgt to mention, 911 was the work of zionist nazis controlled by a
Giant Squid. Mmmmmmmmmmm Giant Squid.

Stats:
- Duration 3hrs20 plus stops for 2 muesli bars
- Avg speed something like 20kmh
- Avg HR Low
- Enjoyment factor: very High

DaveB

gplama
June 3rd 06, 07:30 AM
DaveB Wrote:

> Today I decided to go for a ride the way I would have as a kid; get on
> the bike and just ride. No computers and stats, no plannend mileage or
> average speeds. Just ride.

awesome work DaveB.. great weather for it too!

I did hill repeats today like a 'kid' goat :)

--
gplama

DaveB
June 3rd 06, 07:39 AM
gplama wrote:
> DaveB Wrote:
>
>>Today I decided to go for a ride the way I would have as a kid; get on
>>the bike and just ride. No computers and stats, no plannend mileage or
>>average speeds. Just ride.
>

> awesome work DaveB.. great weather for it too!

Yeah dunno what was going on at BOM yesterday afternoon but they sure
got the forecast wrong. Showers today and tomorrow, yeah right. It was
perfect cycling weather.

DaveB

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home