Parbs
June 7th 06, 01:29 PM
Title stolen unashamedly from SurlyBlog

<http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/news/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=News&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=news&itemid=NOED05%20Jun%202006%2009:49:06:823>

Parbs

Peter McCallum
June 7th 06, 11:49 PM
Parbs > wrote:

> Title stolen unashamedly from SurlyBlog
>
> <http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/news/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&cat
> egory=News&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=news&itemid=NOED05%20Jun%202006%2009:
> 49:06:823>
>
> Parbs

Great story. Interesting that a kid can still get a job delivering
newspapers over there. I thought that paperboys/girls were extinct.

Peter McCallum
Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA
http://bicyclemackay.org.au

Theo Bekkers
June 8th 06, 12:33 AM
Peter McCallum wrote:

> Great story. Interesting that a kid can still get a job delivering
> newspapers over there. I thought that paperboys/girls were extinct.

My 12 yo grandson delivers the local community papers every week on his
bike. He has about 125 to deliver. Pays him $60 a month.

Theo

Terryc
June 8th 06, 01:35 AM
Peter McCallum wrote:

> Great story. Interesting that a kid can still get a job delivering
> newspapers over there. I thought that paperboys/girls were extinct.

SMH offers home delivery, but just require the "local" newsagent to
deliver it for a pittance. In our area, there isn't enough to justify
employing a paperboy/girl. Seems to also include certain magazine from
consolidated Press(?)

DeF
June 8th 06, 01:39 AM
Parbs wrote:
> Title stolen unashamedly from SurlyBlog
>
> <http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/news/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=News&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=news&itemid=NOED05%20Jun%202006%2009:49:06:823>
>

> Parbs

I lived in Norwich for few years and know the
roads she's talking about. It's funny, as I
was reading the story, I started reading it in
a Norfolk accent in my head.

The roads in Norwich are narrow and busy, not
especially bicycle friendly. If I had a paper
round there, I'd probably do it on foot. That's
how the posties get around.

DeF.

--
e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home