PDA

View Full Version : Spare wheel 9spd freewheel

DaveB
June 9th 06, 11:53 AM
I've got a spare wheel which I'm going to use on the windtrainer with
the OCR2. The OCR has a 9 speed Tiagra cassette but the spare wheel has
a freewheel hub (ie. screw on). Anyone know what option there is for a
cheap 9 speed freewheel that I could put on the spare wheel so I can
swap it in and out easily.

DaveB

Nick Payne
June 9th 06, 01:34 PM
9-speed freewheels don't exist. If your shifters can be taken out of indexed
mode then you can friction shift an 8-speed freewheel. But is the freewheel
hub the correct OLN spacing to fit your frame?

"DaveB" > wrote in message
> I've got a spare wheel which I'm going to use on the windtrainer with the
> OCR2. The OCR has a 9 speed Tiagra cassette but the spare wheel has a
> freewheel hub (ie. screw on). Anyone know what option there is for a cheap
> 9 speed freewheel that I could put on the spare wheel so I can swap it in
> and out easily.
>
> DaveB

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home