PDA

View Full Version : Stolen bike, Castlemaine

Peter Signorini
June 12th 06, 07:20 AM
Had a good two days riding the forest tracks around Castlemaine and Maldon,
up until 8.30pm last night when we came back from dinner out to find that
some local pod-scum had liberated my bike from the Castlemaine Caravan Park.
It is a reasonably rare model of MTB so I would very much appreciate if
people could keep their eyes and ears open for any information - kids riding
this type of MTB, peolple advertising one for sale, anyone who suddenly
score a 'bargain buy'. Details are as follows:

Giant XcX DS/1 NRS dual-suspension frame, 2000 model (only available that
year), black with red trim. Frame is similar in design to the Specialized
FSR
Rock Shox SID 100 fork

Hayes hydraulic disc brakes
Mavic X223 disc rims, black with black spokes
Formula hubs, black.
Raceface Prodigy cranks, White
Connex chain with purple teflon-coated side plates
XT rear derailleur and cassette
LX front derailleur
Avid Rollamajig on RD cable
Time Alium pedals, black
Titec seatpost and head stem, both black
SDG Belair saddle, black and red
Bontrager Jones ACX tyres

With RavX seat pack (tube, puncture kit and Topeak Alien inside), Einstein
Master Blaster mini-pump, Ceteye Enduro 8 cycle computer

Photo of this bike is here:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/512819351/1512825396074746151tbKKsL#

If anyone comes across any info about this bike contact me at
or call me on 9801 5013, or contact PC Crane at
Castlemaine Police, Ph. 5472 2099.

Hoping that someone somewhere sees this bike :-(

--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

dtmeister
June 12th 06, 07:35 AM
Peter Signorini > wrote:
> http://community.webshots.com/photo/512819351/1512825396074746151tbKKsL#
>
> If anyone comes across any info about this bike contact me at
> or call me on 9801 5013, or contact PC Crane at
> Castlemaine Police, Ph. 5472 2099.
>
> Hoping that someone somewhere sees this bike :-(

:(( Thieving scum. Was it locked?

--
..dt

Peter Signorini
June 12th 06, 08:01 AM
"dtmeister" > wrote in message
u...
> Peter Signorini > wrote:
>> http://community.webshots.com/photo/512819351/1512825396074746151tbKKsL#
>>
>> If anyone comes across any info about this bike contact me at
>> or call me on 9801 5013, or contact PC Crane at
>> Castlemaine Police, Ph. 5472 2099.
>>
>> Hoping that someone somewhere sees this bike :-(
>
> :(( Thieving scum. Was it locked?

No! My big lapse, assuming that it's a country town and should be OK. Just
laid the bike down behind the tent. Done it so many times before in country
Victoria. Lesson learnt the hard way.

Oh, BTW, the bike's frame serial no. is GN003272

--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

MikeyOz
June 12th 06, 09:09 AM
Peter Signorini Wrote:

> No! My big lapse, assuming that it's a country town and should be OK.
> Just
> laid the bike down behind the tent. Done it so many times before in
> country
> Victoria. Lesson learnt the hard way.

man that sucks... I have done that heaps of times up at Marysville,
however, I started locking my bikes up last year after it was
recommended to us by the park owner that knows us fairly well. Still
left them unlocked a couple of times, but I won't be anymore.... that
just sucks.... hope you manage to track it and them down.

--
MikeyOz

TimC
June 12th 06, 09:27 AM
On 2006-06-12, Peter Signorini (aka Bruce)
> some local pod-scum had liberated my bike from the Castlemaine Caravan Park.

You mean MBTC folk are going to have to start packing a U-lock in
their panniers now? That's a bit rough.

> http://community.webshots.com/photo/512819351/1512825396074746151tbKKsL#

I hadn't met that one before. What's the bet that it turns up at some
bike mechanic in 18 months time, completey wrecked, and obviously not
looked after at all, just banged around for some joy riding? I hate
it when good kit is stolen and ends up with someone who won't
appreciate it.

--
TimC
Error: Fuzzy Pointer Exception

cfsmtb
June 13th 06, 01:56 AM
Peter Signorini Wrote:

> Hoping that someone somewhere sees this bike :-(

A pox on the thieves and their house. :mad:

BTW - try to monitor Cash (Smack) Converters outlets in the metro area.
I regularly have a browse down the local CC for "hot" bicycles..

--
cfsmtb

SomeGuy
June 13th 06, 11:38 AM
Good news: the bike was recovered when the theif took it into
castlemaine cycles. Not the brightest scum in the pond it would seem.

http://www.adrianlock.com/cvrr/newsreader.php?id=103

--
SomeGuy

dave
June 13th 06, 12:05 PM
SomeGuy wrote:
> Good news: the bike was recovered when the theif took it into
> castlemaine cycles. Not the brightest scum in the pond it would seem.
>
> http://www.adrianlock.com/cvrr/newsreader.php?id=103

So did you catch the thief? Are you divying up the body parts? Me
for an ear. The cat needs a new chew toy

Dave

cfsmtb
June 13th 06, 12:33 PM
SomeGuy Wrote:
> Good news: the bike was recovered when the theif took it into
> castlemaine cycles. Not the brightest scum in the pond it would seem.
>
> http://www.adrianlock.com/cvrr/newsreader.php?id=103

What a fktard! :D

--
cfsmtb

Peter Signorini
June 13th 06, 01:50 PM
"cfsmtb" wrote:

> SomeGuy Wrote:
>> Good news: the bike was recovered when the theif took it into
>> castlemaine cycles. Not the brightest scum in the pond it would seem.
>>
>> http://www.adrianlock.com/cvrr/newsreader.php?id=103
>
> What a fktard! :D

Yeah, but I am a happy chappy :)))

Bike is in the good hands of Castlmaine Police until I get time to visit
again and pick it up. Thanks for everyone's good thoughts and ideas.

--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@