PDA

View Full Version : BR103 - Great Nongs!

gplama
June 12th 06, 09:17 AM
Only A5h and I - the second time in a week there were only 2 BR'ers! :(

Given there was only two of us, we headed towards the Bike Life route
hoping to suck some wheel of another bunch ;).. No sign of them, so we
took off alone. Missing the turn, we end up doing the tourist route up
to Skyline, then down the 1/20. A5h pointed out where his bike upgrade
came from, how a driver can miss a cyclist there I'll have no idea. A5h
had to get home so took off down Mtn Hwy, I headed towards Doncaster.
We'd covered more kms than I expected, so a few sprint sets to get
green lights on the way home and I was spent.

92kms and around 1300m of climbing - almost identical to a normal BR!

So... BR turns 2 next weekend... no excuses.. Winter solstice falls on
the 21st of this month, so in theory it won't get any darker or colder!
:)

Side note: Well done to those BR/A.b'ers on their winnings (CG, KOM,
KOM) this long weekend.

cheers,
GPL

--
gplama

Jono L
June 12th 06, 09:29 AM
I can only hope you had the obilgatory coffee at Ripe, otherwise it's
just not a ride in the nongs.

BTW, Forget the BR next weekend and give me a lift down to Phillip
Island for the southern combine race!!! (Go on!)

Jono

--
Jono L

TimC
June 12th 06, 09:44 AM
On 2006-06-12, Jono L (aka Bruce)

> I can only hope you had the obilgatory coffee at Ripe, otherwise it's
> just not a ride in the nongs.
>
> BTW, Forget the BR next weekend and give me a lift down to Phillip
> Island for the southern combine race!!! (Go on!)

Forget the southern combine race, and make your debut BR ride the
anniversary ride!!! (Go on!)

--
TimC
Computer screens simply ooze buckets of yang.

Jono L
June 12th 06, 09:58 AM
You could race too timmo! The Phillip Island corners are wide, with no
centre-line and they're cantered, so there's no chance of crashing
whereas I hear those BR's are pretty dangerous... (Today Tonight story
pending...)

Jono

--
Jono L

DaveB
June 12th 06, 10:25 AM
gplama wrote:
> So... BR turns 2 next weekend... no excuses.. Winter solstice falls on
> the 21st of this month, so in theory it won't get any darker or colder!

Oh crap, I can't be there! FD better be to ensure at least one founder
is there to celebrate.

DaveB

JayWoo
June 12th 06, 12:38 PM
gplama Wrote:
> So... BR turns 2 next weekend... no excuses..I've been ****-farting around @ DISC on Sunday morns of late with the
old codgers @ the Masters training sesh (****, that's me
too:rolleyes:). Much more civilised. 11am start, dry... warm(ish).

--
JayWoo

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home