PDA

View Full Version : Boyer is 50 miles back

Callistus Valerius
June 13th 06, 03:20 AM
Now that the warmup is over (first 500 miles is called the warmup),
Boyer seems to be trailing the leader by about 50 miles in the Enduro
division. Going through the Navajo Reservataion he was seen talking to a
very young Navajo squaw, when his support car came up and said, "what the
fu*k are you doing?" He replied in French, which made that two violations
of his probation, but no police were present, so he remounted and started
riding cursing in the prohibted French tongue.

The Enduro division (sleep required) is moving quicker than the
Traditional (no sleep) division, but we'll have to see if that will hold.
It could be, because there are better riders in the Enduro. Tinker seems to
be shadowing "Jock", but he may have picked the wrong horse to follow as he
is in fourth place, as of Arizona.

RonSonic
June 13th 06, 06:07 AM
On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 02:20:41 GMT, "Callistus Valerius" >
wrote:

> Now that the warmup is over (first 500 miles is called the warmup),
>Boyer seems to be trailing the leader by about 50 miles in the Enduro
>division. Going through the Navajo Reservataion he was seen talking to a
>very young Navajo squaw, when his support car came up and said, "what the
>fu*k are you doing?" He replied in French, which made that two violations
>of his probation, but no police were present, so he remounted and started
>riding cursing in the prohibted French tongue.
>
> The Enduro division (sleep required) is moving quicker than the
>Traditional (no sleep) division, but we'll have to see if that will hold.
>It could be, because there are better riders in the Enduro. Tinker seems to
>be shadowing "Jock", but he may have picked the wrong horse to follow as he
>is in fourth place, as of Arizona.

Tinker is not entirely human and at some point his supernatural character will
emerge and he will devour the field.

I'd say I've raced against him, but I haven't, I've been on the same course at
the same time. He's a mutant who will do to endurance road racing what he did to
12 & 24 hour mountain bike racing.

Ron

Donald Munro
June 13th 06, 08:53 AM
RonSonic wrote:
> Tinker is not entirely human and at some point his supernatural character will
> emerge and he will devour the field.
>
> I'd say I've raced against him, but I haven't, I've been on the same course at
> the same time. He's a mutant who will do to endurance road racing what he did to
> 12 & 24 hour mountain bike racing.

Attack of the mutant freds ?

Kurgan Gringioni
June 13th 06, 09:09 AM
RonSonic wrote:

> Tinker is not entirely human and at some point his supernatural character will
> emerge and he will devour the field.

Dumbass -

It will be much more appropriate if the Convicted Child Molestor wins
FRed Across AMerica.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

mort
June 13th 06, 03:26 PM
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

> It will be much more appropriate if the Convicted Child Molestor wins
> FRed Across AMerica.

He already did.

B. Lafferty
June 13th 06, 06:36 PM
"Callistus Valerius" > wrote in message
nk.net...
> Now that the warmup is over (first 500 miles is called the warmup),
> Boyer seems to be trailing the leader by about 50 miles in the Enduro
> division. Going through the Navajo Reservataion he was seen talking to a
> very young Navajo squaw, when his support car came up and said, "what the
> fu*k are you doing?" He replied in French, which made that two violations
> of his probation, but no police were present, so he remounted and started
> riding cursing in the prohibted French tongue.
>
> The Enduro division (sleep required) is moving quicker than the
> Traditional (no sleep) division, but we'll have to see if that will hold.
> It could be, because there are better riders in the Enduro. Tinker seems
> be shadowing "Jock", but he may have picked the wrong horse to follow as
> he
> is in fourth place, as of Arizona.

Actually the Enduro event is becoming an interesting race.
http://stats.raceacrossamerica.org/2006/reports/overview.html

Ron Ruff
June 13th 06, 11:53 PM
B. Lafferty wrote:
> Actually the Enduro event is becoming an interesting race.
> http://stats.raceacrossamerica.org/2006/reports/overview.html

Yup... almost makes RAAM fun to follow. Looks like Boyer could be the
virtual leader considering that he is 2hrs back but has 3 extra hours
off the bike.

B. Lafferty
June 14th 06, 01:01 AM
"Ron Ruff" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> B. Lafferty wrote:
>> Actually the Enduro event is becoming an interesting race.
>> http://stats.raceacrossamerica.org/2006/reports/overview.html
>
> Yup... almost makes RAAM fun to follow. Looks like Boyer could be the
> virtual leader considering that he is 2hrs back but has 3 extra hours
> off the bike.

It may wind up with Boyer riding significantly faster than Robic once the
time off the bike is factored in. The last 1000 miles should be a fun show.

Callistus Valerius
June 14th 06, 03:07 AM
> >> Actually the Enduro event is becoming an interesting race.
> >> http://stats.raceacrossamerica.org/2006/reports/overview.html
> >
> > Yup... almost makes RAAM fun to follow. Looks like Boyer could be the
> > virtual leader considering that he is 2hrs back but has 3 extra hours
> > off the bike.
> >
> It may wind up with Boyer riding significantly faster than Robic once the
> time off the bike is factored in. The last 1000 miles should be a fun
show.

If you figure that Boyer has taken more of the required pit stop time, I
figure Boyer is still a virtual 15 miles behind Robic (at the 815 mile
mark).

Ron Ruff
June 14th 06, 11:32 AM
Callistus Valerius wrote:
> If you figure that Boyer has taken more of the required pit stop time, I
> figure Boyer is still a virtual 15 miles behind Robic (at the 815 mile
> mark).

If I'm reading this right, then:

@815.3 miles

Rider____Avg Riding Speed

Boyer____19.91
Robic____19.25
Juarez____19.05
Baloh____18.54
Souza____17.46

Boyer has taken 11:24 in pitstops vs less than 8hrs for both Baloh and
Rubic. Baloh and Rubic are slightly under schedule for stops and Boyer
is way over... so it is kinda tough to compare them. If they will all
eventually have the same pitstop time, then Boyer is ahead. I think
they'd be fastest by sticking to their allowed time off the bike, but
Boyer's tactic may be to sleep more than his alotted 4hrs per day the
whole way, and make it up by riding faster. If I recall correctly, he
slept ~6hrs per day when he won before. If he needs to though, he will
probably forego the extra sleep towards the end.

I like the new enduro category, but I think it would be a better if
they had all the riders stop for 8hrs at the same time every night.
Then they'd get a decent amount of sleep, and it would be easy to tell
who was leading. It would also be more of an ultra endurance *race*,
and less of a sleep deprivation freak show... easier on the crew, too.

Callistus Valerius
June 14th 06, 11:52 AM
> Callistus Valerius wrote:
> > If you figure that Boyer has taken more of the required pit stop
time, I
> > figure Boyer is still a virtual 15 miles behind Robic (at the 815 mile
> > mark).
>
> If I'm reading this right, then:
>
> @815.3 miles
>
> Rider____Avg Riding Speed
>
> Boyer____19.91
> Robic____19.25
> Juarez____19.05
> Baloh____18.54
> Souza____17.46
>
> Boyer has taken 11:24 in pitstops vs less than 8hrs for both Baloh and
> Rubic. Baloh and Rubic are slightly under schedule for stops and Boyer
> is way over... so it is kinda tough to compare them. If they will all
> eventually have the same pitstop time, then Boyer is ahead. I think
> they'd be fastest by sticking to their allowed time off the bike, but
> Boyer's tactic may be to sleep more than his alotted 4hrs per day the
> whole way, and make it up by riding faster. If I recall correctly, he
> slept ~6hrs per day when he won before. If he needs to though, he will
> probably forego the extra sleep towards the end.
>
> I like the new enduro category, but I think it would be a better if
> they had all the riders stop for 8hrs at the same time every night.
> Then they'd get a decent amount of sleep, and it would be easy to tell
> who was leading. It would also be more of an ultra endurance *race*,
> and less of a sleep deprivation freak show... easier on the crew, too.
>--------------
Boyer slept that much when he won before, I didn't know that,
interesting. I think it would be better to have the mandatory sleep per
day. It's going to look silly, if some guy has to wait 12 hours, at the
very end, and someone goes by, while he's just sitting there, not being able
to do anything about it. I think the Enduro will eventually replace the
Traditional division, as all the better riders will opt for the more sane
Enduro division.

B. Lafferty
June 14th 06, 12:12 PM
"Ron Ruff" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Callistus Valerius wrote:
>> If you figure that Boyer has taken more of the required pit stop
>> time, I
>> figure Boyer is still a virtual 15 miles behind Robic (at the 815 mile
>> mark).
>
> If I'm reading this right, then:
>
> @815.3 miles
>
> Rider____Avg Riding Speed
>
> Boyer____19.91
> Robic____19.25
> Juarez____19.05
> Baloh____18.54
> Souza____17.46
>
> Boyer has taken 11:24 in pitstops vs less than 8hrs for both Baloh and
> Rubic. Baloh and Rubic are slightly under schedule for stops and Boyer
> is way over... so it is kinda tough to compare them. If they will all
> eventually have the same pitstop time, then Boyer is ahead. I think
> they'd be fastest by sticking to their allowed time off the bike, but
> Boyer's tactic may be to sleep more than his alotted 4hrs per day the
> whole way, and make it up by riding faster. If I recall correctly, he
> slept ~6hrs per day when he won before. If he needs to though, he will
> probably forego the extra sleep towards the end.
>
> I like the new enduro category, but I think it would be a better if
> they had all the riders stop for 8hrs at the same time every night.
> Then they'd get a decent amount of sleep, and it would be easy to tell
> who was leading. It would also be more of an ultra endurance *race*,
> and less of a sleep deprivation freak show... easier on the crew, too.

Rubic has now slipped to 3rd with increased time off the bike. This is
really fun to follow.

B. Lafferty
June 14th 06, 12:15 PM
"Callistus Valerius" > wrote in message
k.net...
>> Callistus Valerius wrote:
>> > If you figure that Boyer has taken more of the required pit stop
> time, I
>> > figure Boyer is still a virtual 15 miles behind Robic (at the 815 mile
>> > mark).
>>
>> If I'm reading this right, then:
>>
>> @815.3 miles
>>
>> Rider____Avg Riding Speed
>>
>> Boyer____19.91
>> Robic____19.25
>> Juarez____19.05
>> Baloh____18.54
>> Souza____17.46
>>
>> Boyer has taken 11:24 in pitstops vs less than 8hrs for both Baloh and
>> Rubic. Baloh and Rubic are slightly under schedule for stops and Boyer
>> is way over... so it is kinda tough to compare them. If they will all
>> eventually have the same pitstop time, then Boyer is ahead. I think
>> they'd be fastest by sticking to their allowed time off the bike, but
>> Boyer's tactic may be to sleep more than his alotted 4hrs per day the
>> whole way, and make it up by riding faster. If I recall correctly, he
>> slept ~6hrs per day when he won before. If he needs to though, he will
>> probably forego the extra sleep towards the end.
>>
>> I like the new enduro category, but I think it would be a better if
>> they had all the riders stop for 8hrs at the same time every night.
>> Then they'd get a decent amount of sleep, and it would be easy to tell
>> who was leading. It would also be more of an ultra endurance *race*,
>> and less of a sleep deprivation freak show... easier on the crew, too.
>>--------------
> Boyer slept that much when he won before, I didn't know that,
> interesting. I think it would be better to have the mandatory sleep per
> day. It's going to look silly, if some guy has to wait 12 hours, at the
> very end, and someone goes by, while he's just sitting there, not being
> able
> to do anything about it.

That's unlikely if the riders are planning correctly.

> I think the Enduro will eventually replace the
> Traditional division, as all the better riders will opt for the more sane
> Enduro division.

Agreed. The RAAM fan base may also expand.

Donald Munro
June 14th 06, 01:56 PM
B. Lafferty wrote:
> Rubic has now slipped to 3rd with increased time off the bike. This is
> really fun to follow.

Lemond should do this race. He's enjoy all the virtual leader stuff.

RonSonic
June 14th 06, 01:56 PM
On 13 Jun 2006 07:28:50 -0700, "Mike Kaiser" > wrote:

>mort wrote:
>> Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
>> >

>> > It will be much more appropriate if the Convicted Child Molestor wins
>> > FRed Across AMerica.
>> >

>> He already did.
>
>But that was before he was a convicted child molestor. It would mean
>so much more now.

Think of the children.

Ron

Google