PDA

View Full Version : Travel Trac a good trainer brand?

johnb41
June 13th 06, 05:53 PM
I want to buy a new trainer. Performance Bike has a brand called
Travel Trac. I'm interested in one called Travel Trac Millenium V
FluidForce. It has a wireless gadget that shows info like speed,
mileage, power, etc.

I can't find any reviews on the web for this. Does anyone have any
experience with this brand, or even better, this exact model?

Thanks,
John

Robert Chung
June 13th 06, 07:41 PM
johnb41 wrote:
> I want to buy a new trainer. Performance Bike has a brand called
> Travel Trac. I'm interested in one called Travel Trac Millenium V
> FluidForce. It has a wireless gadget that shows info like speed,
> mileage, power, etc.

Any trainer that tracks slope and elevation gain must be good,
particularly if you're riding it in your garage or basement.

Tim Lines
June 13th 06, 09:56 PM
Robert Chung wrote:
> johnb41 wrote:
>> I want to buy a new trainer. Performance Bike has a brand called
>> Travel Trac. I'm interested in one called Travel Trac Millenium V
>> FluidForce. It has a wireless gadget that shows info like speed,
>> mileage, power, etc.
>
> Any trainer that tracks slope and elevation gain must be good,
> particularly if you're riding it in your garage or basement.

There ARE earthquakes in my area, so I might need that.

Robert Chung
June 13th 06, 10:05 PM
Tim Lines wrote:
> Robert Chung wrote:

>> Any trainer that tracks slope and elevation gain must be good,
>> particularly if you're riding it in your garage or basement.
>
> There ARE earthquakes in my area, so I might need that.

You know how people raise the front of their bike while on the trainer to
simulate climbing? I do the opposite. You can really get the trainer
hummin' if you lower the front and ride downhill.

Howard Kveck
June 14th 06, 03:07 AM
In article >, "Robert Chung" >
wrote:

> Tim Lines wrote:
> > Robert Chung wrote:
>
> >> Any trainer that tracks slope and elevation gain must be good,
> >> particularly if you're riding it in your garage or basement.
> >
> > There ARE earthquakes in my area, so I might need that.
>
> You know how people raise the front of their bike while on the trainer to
> simulate climbing? I do the opposite. You can really get the trainer
> hummin' if you lower the front and ride downhill.

That's the only time you can get into the 11, right?

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Robert Chung
June 14th 06, 03:26 AM
Howard Kveck wrote:
> Robert Chung wrote:
>> Tim Lines wrote:

>>> There ARE earthquakes in my area, so I might need that.
>>
>> You know how people raise the front of their bike while on the trainer
>> to simulate climbing? I do the opposite. You can really get the trainer
>> hummin' if you lower the front and ride downhill.
>
> That's the only time you can get into the 11, right?

It helps if you put a fan behind you to simulate a tailwind.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home