PDA

View Full Version : What the ?!

Tamyka Bell
June 14th 06, 04:38 AM
Aaarrgh! I have no WWW at the mo... and google alerts has sent me this
tantalising snippet... what happened? What's the full story? Oh someone
tell me please! I can't even tinyurl it for you.

http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=54989&rubrik1=Regional&rubrik2=United%20States&rubrik3=California&sort=1&start=1

Man Dies in Botched Suicide Attempt, Corpse Injures Cyclist
ShortNews.com - Regensburg,Germany

.... thoroughfare for cyclists. Sometime later, a cyclist, whom was
riding near the riverbed, unwittingly collided with the corpse. The
impact ...

Damian
June 14th 06, 04:40 AM
Tamyka Bell wrote:
>> snip

Man Slits Wrists after Botched Hanging Attempt, his Corpse Injures
Cyclist

A California man is dead after an apparent suicide gone wrong. The
individual, whose name is not yet released, attempted to hang himself
from a bridge. However, upon his descent, the rope immediately broke
and he plunged 30 feet to a shallow riverbed.

The man, still conscious, then proceeded to slit his wrists. Once this
had been achieved, the distraught man quickly expired. Unfortunately,
the area in which the man landed proved to be a thoroughfare for
cyclists.

Sometime later, a cyclist, who was riding near the riverbed,
unwittingly collided with the corpse. The impact caused the man to fall
off his bike, where he received undetermined injuries.

PiledHigher
June 14th 06, 04:43 AM
Damian wrote:
> Tamyka Bell wrote:
> >> snip
>

> Man Slits Wrists after Botched Hanging Attempt, his Corpse Injures
> Cyclist
>
> A California man is dead after an apparent suicide gone wrong. The
> individual, whose name is not yet released, attempted to hang himself
> from a bridge. However, upon his descent, the rope immediately broke
> and he plunged 30 feet to a shallow riverbed.
>

> The man, still conscious, then proceeded to slit his wrists. Once this
> had been achieved, the distraught man quickly expired. Unfortunately,
> the area in which the man landed proved to be a thoroughfare for
> cyclists.
>

> Sometime later, a cyclist, who was riding near the riverbed,
> unwittingly collided with the corpse. The impact caused the man to fall
> off his bike, where he received undetermined injuries.

Undetermined or unreported injuries....

If the cyclist was injured, I would guess that they had a fair idea
where the injuries were.

Karen Gallagher
June 14th 06, 05:06 AM
Tamyka Bell wrote:
> Aaarrgh! I have no WWW at the mo... and google alerts has sent me this
> tantalising snippet... what happened? What's the full story? Oh someone
> tell me please! I can't even tinyurl it for you.
>
> http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=54989&rubrik1=Regional&rubrik2=United%20States&rubrik3=California&sort=1&start=1
>
> Man Dies in Botched Suicide Attempt, Corpse Injures Cyclist
> ShortNews.com - Regensburg,Germany
>
> ... thoroughfare for cyclists. Sometime later, a cyclist, whom was
> riding near the riverbed, unwittingly collided with the corpse. The
> impact ...
here is the text ...

A California man is dead after an apparent suicide gone wrong. The
individual, whose name is not yet released, attempted to hang himself
from a bridge. However, upon his descent, the rope immediately broke and
he plunged 30 feet to a shallow riverbed.

The man, still conscious, then proceeded to slit his wrists. Once this
had been achieved, the distraught man quickly expired. Unfortunately,
the area in which the man landed proved to be a thoroughfare for cyclists.

Sometime later, a cyclist, who was riding near the riverbed, unwittingly
collided with the corpse. The impact caused the man to fall off his
bike, where he received undetermined injuries.

Karen

--
"I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
- Slartibartfast

dtmeister
June 14th 06, 05:14 AM
Tamyka Bell > wrote:
> Man Dies in Botched Suicide Attempt, Corpse Injures Cyclist
> ShortNews.com - Regensburg,Germany

See. See!!? I'm not paranoid, they're all out to get us. Even the dead
ones...

*walks off to google some 911 sites*

--
..dt

Karen Gallagher
June 14th 06, 05:15 AM
Karen Gallagher wrote:
> Tamyka Bell wrote:

> here is the text ...

'scuse the late post ... I'm getting used to a new newsreading client
that did not show someone had already posted the text for Tam.

Karen

--
"I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
- Slartibartfast

Peter McCallum
June 14th 06, 05:17 AM
dtmeister > wrote:

> Tamyka Bell > wrote:
> > Man Dies in Botched Suicide Attempt, Corpse Injures Cyclist
> > ShortNews.com - Regensburg,Germany
>
> See. See!!? I'm not paranoid, they're all out to get us. Even the dead
> ones...
>
> *walks off to google some 911 sites*

ROTFLMAO

--
Peter McCallum
Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA

cfsmtb
June 14th 06, 05:56 AM
dtmeister Wrote:

> See. See!!? I'm not paranoid, they're all out to get us. Even the dead
> ones...
>
> *walks off to google some 911 sites*

bwhahahahhahaha ... a.b post of the day ;)

--
cfsmtb

PiledHigher
June 14th 06, 10:12 AM
> Tamyka Bell wrote:

> A California man is dead after an apparent suicide gone wrong. The
> individual, whose name is not yet released, attempted to hang himself
> from a bridge. However, upon his descent, the rope immediately broke and
> he plunged 30 feet to a shallow riverbed.

Overall it seems that suicide is killing yourself so the fact that he
is dead means that it hasn't really gone wrong...

Random Data
June 14th 06, 01:21 PM
On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 02:12:13 -0700, PiledHigher wrote:

> Overall it seems that suicide is killing yourself so the fact that he
> is dead means that it hasn't really gone wrong...

Yeah, but it's supposed to be one hand, one bounce. He cheated.
--
Dave Hughes |
You're a classic example of that inverse ratio between the size of

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home