PDA

View Full Version : Looks like I'm driving now! :(

Travis
June 15th 06, 11:44 PM
Last night I twisted my ankle. It didn't seem like much at first and I
was able to ride home without problems.

Once I got home though it quickly got more sore, and I'm now reduced to
hopping around on one foot because its just agony to put any weight on
it at all.

This happened to me once before, about ten years ago. It turned out to
be a broken ankle and I had to use a crutch for months. Its the same
ankle, so maybe its the same injury.

Looks like I'm not going to be riding anywhere for a while... DOH!

Travis

hippy
June 16th 06, 12:08 AM
Travis Wrote:
> Last night I twisted my ankle. It didn't seem like much at first and I
> as able to ride home without problems.
>
> Once I got home though it quickly got more sore, and I'm now reduced
> hopping around on one foot because its just agony to put any weight on
> it at all.
>
> This happened to me once before, about ten years ago. It turned out
> be a broken ankle and I had to use a crutch for months. Its the same
> ankle, so maybe its the same injury.
>
> Looks like I'm not going to be riding anywhere for a while... DOH!

Have you had it x-rayed?

My olds always told me that you should try and restore normal movement
asap. Course that's probably why none of my limbs work now..

hippy

--
hippy

Travis
June 16th 06, 12:16 AM
hippy wrote:

> Have you had it x-rayed?

Its only just gone on 7am, but when the local medical centre opens in
an hour or two I'll be right there.

> My olds always told me that you should try and restore normal movement
> asap. Course that's probably why none of my limbs work now..

I've heard that theory too, physiotherapists try to get surgery
patients to move almost as soon as they wake up, but I'll take my
doctor's advice when I get it. Right now I'm just wondering how the
heck I'm going to get to my office, since the lift isn't working (I
think) and I'm not really in any condition to take the stairs...

Travis

Tamyka Bell
June 16th 06, 12:32 AM
Travis wrote:

> hippy wrote:
>
> > Have you had it x-rayed?
>
> Its only just gone on 7am, but when the local medical centre opens in
> an hour or two I'll be right there.
>
> > My olds always told me that you should try and restore normal movement
> > asap. Course that's probably why none of my limbs work now..
>
> I've heard that theory too, physiotherapists try to get surgery
> patients to move almost as soon as they wake up, but I'll take my
> doctor's advice when I get it. Right now I'm just wondering how the
> heck I'm going to get to my office, since the lift isn't working (I
> think) and I'm not really in any condition to take the stairs...
>
> Travis

I'm with hip - strap or bandage it when you sleep (so you don't lie on
it in a weird position) and let it move when you do. Meanwhile, is that
a sport doctor, or a gp? Most gp's ain't so hot on the sports
problems...

Tam

Bleve
June 16th 06, 12:37 AM
Tamyka Bell wrote:
> Travis wrote:
> >
> > hippy wrote:
> >
> > > Have you had it x-rayed?
> >
> > Its only just gone on 7am, but when the local medical centre opens in
> > an hour or two I'll be right there.
> >
> > > My olds always told me that you should try and restore normal movement
> > > asap. Course that's probably why none of my limbs work now..
> >
> > I've heard that theory too, physiotherapists try to get surgery
> > patients to move almost as soon as they wake up, but I'll take my
> > doctor's advice when I get it. Right now I'm just wondering how the
> > heck I'm going to get to my office, since the lift isn't working (I
> > think) and I'm not really in any condition to take the stairs...
> >
> > Travis
>
> I'm with hip - strap or bandage it when you sleep (so you don't lie on
> it in a weird position) and let it move when you do. Meanwhile, is that
> a sport doctor, or a gp? Most gp's ain't so hot on the sports
> problems...

And of course, immediate first aid - rest, ice, compression, elevation.

You did this, right? :)

Tamyka Bell
June 16th 06, 01:25 AM
Bleve wrote:

> Tamyka Bell wrote:
> > Travis wrote:

> > > Its only just gone on 7am, but when the local medical centre opens in
> > > an hour or two I'll be right there.

> > > I've heard that theory too, physiotherapists try to get surgery
> > > patients to move almost as soon as they wake up, but I'll take my
> > > doctor's advice when I get it. Right now I'm just wondering how the
> > > heck I'm going to get to my office, since the lift isn't working (I
> > > think) and I'm not really in any condition to take the stairs...
> > >
> > > Travis
> >
> > I'm with hip - strap or bandage it when you sleep (so you don't lie on
> > it in a weird position) and let it move when you do. Meanwhile, is that
> > a sport doctor, or a gp? Most gp's ain't so hot on the sports
> > problems...
>
> And of course, immediate first aid - rest, ice, compression, elevation.
>
> You did this, right? :)

I'm not big on ice. It's too cold. ;)

Zebee Johnstone
June 16th 06, 08:43 AM
In aus.bicycle on 15 Jun 2006 15:44:49 -0700
Travis > wrote:

> Looks like I'm not going to be riding anywhere for a while... DOH!

Nah. Time for Greenspeed recumbent handcranked trike!

http://www.greenspeed.com.au/NewGSweb/web-content/australia/models/spechand.html

Zebee

Poiter
June 19th 06, 07:22 AM
Zebee Johnstone Wrote:
> In aus.bicycle on 15 Jun 2006 15:44:49 -0700
> Travis > wrote:
> >
> > Looks like I'm not going to be riding anywhere for a while... DOH!
>
> Nah. Time for Greenspeed recumbent handcranked trike!
>
> http://tinyurl.com/makzr
>
> Zebee

You can hire one of those from GS if you ask nice.

--
Poiter

Parbs
June 19th 06, 09:04 AM
hippy wrote:

> It's almost 1am here.. it'd be tricky getting an x-ray now too :)

1 am on Sunday night is a good time to go for an x-ray, A&E tends to be
very quiet by then.

Parbs - who may know the above from experience.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home