PDA

View Full Version : BR104 - Happy 2nd birthday

DaveB
June 17th 06, 07:30 AM
I've had a change in plans so will be out for a ride tomorrow. Not sure
how far i will last. Leg and hip joints have been badly aching all week
for no apparent reason. Who else is coming for a BR birthday ride?

DaveB

MikeyOz
June 17th 06, 07:49 AM
DaveB Wrote:
> Who else is coming for a BR birthday ride?
> DaveB
I'm cycling on my feet tomorrow morning, then head off to Perth for 2
weeks, but will be up for another BR when I get back from Perth...
would have been 1 month since been off my medication.

--
MikeyOz

gplama
June 17th 06, 08:04 AM
DaveB Wrote:
> Who else is coming for a BR birthday ride?
>
> DaveB

me!

--
gplama

flyingdutch
June 17th 06, 08:11 AM
me three!

also have the same intermittent body-joint aches (old age? injuries?
surgical-pins? surgery/s? arthritis? plague-spreading-prodgeny???) but
am keen to get out.

--
flyingdutch

Bleve
June 17th 06, 08:49 AM
flyingdutch wrote:
> me three!
>
> also have the same intermittent body-joint aches (old age? injuries?
> surgical-pins? surgery/s? arthritis? plague-spreading-prodgeny???) but
> am keen to get out.

You -could- be racing at Phillip Island .. GP track .. weather forecast
looks good ..

essendon93
June 17th 06, 09:11 AM
gplama Wrote:
> me!
me 4 :)

--
essendon93

Jono L
June 17th 06, 09:57 AM
Bleve Wrote:
> flyingdutch wrote:
> > me three!
> >
> > also have the same intermittent body-joint aches (old age? injuries?
> > surgical-pins? surgery/s? arthritis? plague-spreading-prodgeny???)
> but
> > am keen to get out.
>
> You -could- be racing at Phillip Island .. GP track .. weather
> forecast
> looks good ..No centre line!! Yehh haa bring it on! Might be a touch windy though...
Team BikeNow are all heading down:D Come on Lama...

--
Jono L

Gags
June 17th 06, 01:38 PM
"essendon93" > wrote in
message ...

> gplama Wrote:
> > me!
> me 4 :)
> --
> essendon93

Count me in........I will see you all in the morning

Gags

Gags
June 17th 06, 01:55 PM
"DaveB" > wrote in message
u...
> I've had a change in plans so will be out for a ride tomorrow. Not sure
> how far i will last. Leg and hip joints have been badly aching all week
> for no apparent reason. Who else is coming for a BR birthday ride?
>
> DaveB

Just went outside to feed the dog and it is starting to spit rain
(11:55pm).....hope it clears off before tomorrow!!!

Gags

flyingdutch
June 17th 06, 09:40 PM
Gags Wrote:

> Just went outside to feed the dog and it is starting to spit rain
> (11:55pm).....hope it clears off before tomorrow!!!
>
> Gags

heretic!

"It_nevar_rains_on_a_BRRRR!!!!

--
flyingdutch

DaveB
June 18th 06, 01:44 AM
Rode the 4km from home to the start point. Had a chat to the others.
Realised cones on the front wheel needed tightening (should have done a
test ride after servicing the wheel). Tried to fix it with one cone
spanner. gave up and went home. Hope everybody else had a better ride
than that.

daveB

TimC
June 18th 06, 03:39 AM
On 2006-06-18, ritcho (aka Bruce)

> DaveB Wrote:
>> Rode the 4km from home to the start point. Had a chat to the others.
>> Realised cones on the front wheel needed tightening (should have done
>> test ride after servicing the wheel). Tried to fix it with one cone
>> spanner. gave up and went home. Hope everybody else had a better ride
>> than that.
>>
>> daveB
>
> It was certainly eventful! I counted the following:
>
> 1 DNF due to dud front hub bearing adjustment;
> 1 DNF due to dead BB (Gags)
> 1 weird dislocated shoulder without actually crashing (FD)
> 1 rear wheel slide around a roundabout (me)

Oh? Not the same one as me?

On the boulavard, I was out of the saddle, and hit a small bump, and
the rear wheel decided to go slippy slidey. Recovered though. And
the traffic lights at the start at Doncaster shopping town, when I was
track standing, the rear wheel decided to start sliding backwards, and
my pedals went forwards. Several times; I thought it was quite nifty,
so just stayed there seeing whether I could stay upright. And then I
was looking close to a PB up the kangaroo ground climb (missed it by
that >16sec< much); I looked like I might just catch Ess (must have
been having an easy day) on the final nasty climb, and the rear wheel
went out from underneath me there when I hit a smooth patch.

In summary, not happy Jan, with the GP4000s. Was it pro-race that
people were happy with grip wise in the damp?

> 1 front wheel, rear wheel, full body slide around the same roundabout
> (TimC, apparently uninjured, except for a bit of grazing - really
> smooth road to slide on)

Working my way slowly through the roundabouts :)

Bit more grazing on my thigh.

> 1 really fast run into Hurstbridge (sitting on Gpl's wheel ha ha ha)

Yeah! Until the group dropped me when I couldn't quite hook onto
Ess's wheel (I couldn't be bothered to stand up, but then later on, I
decided to go for it, which was the chain of events that caused me to
take the roundabout too fast. Thanks to the idiot in the black (?)
car just behind my wheel that didn't bothed to even slow down and
proceed safely. Oh, and the 4WD who slid around the corner gawking at
us. Oh yeah, and the large brutish 4WD just behind my wheel a couple
of roundabouts later. Not much room for error there, dickhead!

Anyway, I had an average of 30.05km/h when my slight incline before
home started. I tried to keep it as close as I could get to 30km/h,
and was averaging 30.02 at the start of my driveway. I slammed on the
brakes at my front steps, and it just notched down to 30.00km/h. Yes!
Beat my previous best by about 0.95km/h and a new milestone!

Lots of bikes on the road after getting into town. Camberwell
junction, a blue combi van looks a bit indecisive, and decides to turn
left from the right hand lane, almost taking out a cyclist. Then
changed his mind, and proceeds straight ahead, cutting me off in the
right hand lane. Stopped at a red light ahead, and the passenger was
kind enough to wind down the window and say "yes, we made a mistake".
Damn right you did! Several. Learn to drive.

I mentioned burning lungs and cold air and pollution at the last rest
stop at top of Burgundy, and just sitting down before, I noted stuff
was rattling around in my chest. Damns, beginning's of a cold. I've
never noticed it coming on that quickly before!

--
TimC
It's written GNU/Linux, and pronounced "Linux". Or, "Linux, with a

flyingdutch
June 18th 06, 03:57 AM
ritcho Wrote:
> It was certainly eventful! I counted the following:
>
> 1 DNF due to dud front hub bearing adjustment;
> 1 DNF due to dead BB (Gags)
> 1 weird dislocated shoulder without actually crashing (FD)
> 1 rear wheel slide around a roundabout (me)
> 1 front wheel, rear wheel, full body slide around the same roundabout
> (TimC, apparently uninjured, except for a bit of grazing - really
> smooth road to slide on)
> 1 really fast run into Hurstbridge (sitting on Gpl's wheel ha ha ha)
>
> Log another one...
>
> Ritch

A new way to injure myself. reaching into jersey pocket and
'schluck-pop' went the shoulder. heyzooos. looks like more friggin
boring lil' physio exercises. Getting quite good at popping the damn
thing in tho. Must be all the practice... :rolleyes:

That roundabout is nastee. doesnt look too bad, but has a slight
negative camber and noted (whilst helping Tim get roadworthy again)
just how much roadgrime was collected on the surface. It was almost
glass-smooth and grey with the stuff. Tim just slid and lamost didnt
break skin (almost) which gives you an idea of jsut how smooth it was.

Also had a wicked attack of cramps as i pulled off. both front and back
of legs making it comically impossible to find a comfortable position to
hobble into on side of road for a few minutes. When are those banana
prices gonna drop :rolleyes:

--
flyingdutch

TimC
June 18th 06, 04:20 AM
On 2006-06-18, flyingdutch (aka Bruce)
> Also had a wicked attack of cramps as i pulled off. both front and back
> of legs making it comically impossible to find a comfortable position to
> hobble into on side of road for a few minutes. When are those banana
> prices gonna drop :rolleyes:

What we need is an artificial source of potassium salt. Could someone
invent that, please? :P

In semi-related news, geez I am tired. Keys are going spazo all over
the keyboard. Can't go to sleep now, far too much housework and
coding and not-sleep to do. (Not sleep has to be done now, so that it
can combine with it's anti-matter counterpart, sleep, tonight).

--
TimC
"It took people a long time to figure out which machine was [mooing],

Donga
June 18th 06, 04:38 AM
TimC wrote:
> What we need is an artificial source of potassium salt. Could someone
> invent that, please? :P

Staminade powder mix has K and Mg. Can't imagine you sweating enough to
need it in these temps though.

donga

Jono L
June 18th 06, 08:04 AM
flyingdutch Wrote:
> . reaching into jersey pocket and 'schluck-pop' went the shoulder. The big man above is trying to tell you to eat less and ride more!!!:p

In all seriousness though, that sucks! hope you're alright.

Jono (smart-arse comment for the day) L

--
Jono L

phleep
June 18th 06, 08:53 AM
DaveB wrote:
> I've had a change in plans so will be out for a ride tomorrow. Not sure
> how far i will last. Leg and hip joints have been badly aching all week
> for no apparent reason. Who else is coming for a BR birthday ride?
>
> DaveB
OK flame away, but what is BR104?
*puts on pointy hat and moves to the back*

Damian
June 18th 06, 08:53 AM
phleep wrote:

> OK flame away, but what is BR104?

It's the one after BR103 of course ;)

Bleve
June 18th 06, 09:48 AM
ritcho wrote:
> DaveB Wrote:
> > Rode the 4km from home to the start point. Had a chat to the others.
> > Realised cones on the front wheel needed tightening (should have done
> > test ride after servicing the wheel). Tried to fix it with one cone
> > spanner. gave up and went home. Hope everybody else had a better ride
> > than that.
> >
> > daveB
>
> It was certainly eventful! I counted the following:
>
> 1 DNF due to dud front hub bearing adjustment;
> 1 DNF due to dead BB (Gags)
> 1 weird dislocated shoulder without actually crashing (FD)
> 1 rear wheel slide around a roundabout (me)
> 1 front wheel, rear wheel, full body slide around the same roundabout
> (TimC, apparently uninjured, except for a bit of grazing - really
> smooth road to slide on)
> 1 really fast run into Hurstbridge (sitting on Gpl's wheel ha ha ha)

Phillip Island weather - perfect. Good racing on a dry, fast track.
A couple of crashes in B grade, nasty one in the sprint finish.
If I see one of those Leongatha kids throwing random hooks again,
they're getting punted into the ditch. Don't they have bunches in
Leongatha? Insane ...

Llama, you should have come ... you missed a good race. Still, it's
easy to be the king of the BR I guess ... :-P

Gags
June 18th 06, 11:31 AM
"ritcho" > wrote in message

> DaveB Wrote:
> > Rode the 4km from home to the start point. Had a chat to the others.
> > Realised cones on the front wheel needed tightening (should have done
> > test ride after servicing the wheel). Tried to fix it with one cone
> > spanner. gave up and went home. Hope everybody else had a better ride
> > than that.
> >
> > daveB
>
> It was certainly eventful! I counted the following:
>
> 1 DNF due to dud front hub bearing adjustment;
> 1 DNF due to dead BB (Gags)
> 1 weird dislocated shoulder without actually crashing (FD)
> 1 rear wheel slide around a roundabout (me)
> 1 front wheel, rear wheel, full body slide around the same roundabout
> (TimC, apparently uninjured, except for a bit of grazing - really
> smooth road to slide on)
> 1 really fast run into Hurstbridge (sitting on Gpl's wheel ha ha ha)
>
> Log another one...
>
> Ritch
> --
> ritcho

That BB is giving me the ****s.......stupid italian thread keeps on coming
undone!!! It is a Syncros BB that basically has an axle through the middle
and then two lots of bearings that screw in on each side and have an
external lockring. I have locked the RHS of the BB as tight as I could with
a C spanner and pin spanner to the point that I am just shy of rounding off
the notches and holes on the BB and yet it still comes undone as soon as I
start putting some decent pressure on it on a climb. I am either going to
put some sort of loctite on it (a weak thread locker) or just turf it and go
for a sealed Chorus BB so that I don't run the risk of getting it stuck in
my frame due to the loctite.

Might have to check out prices tonight.

Gags

Gags
June 18th 06, 11:35 AM
"DaveB" > wrote in message
u...
> Rode the 4km from home to the start point. Had a chat to the others.
> Realised cones on the front wheel needed tightening (should have done a
> test ride after servicing the wheel). Tried to fix it with one cone
> spanner. gave up and went home. Hope everybody else had a better ride
> than that.
>
> daveB

Dave, you mentioned that you had seen a couple of hard waste bikes and then
they were gone 10 min later.....on the way home up Main Rd, I saw a truck
with a mini skip on the back that had a mountain bike in it....couldn't
catch up to ask if I could have a look though (I need to source a cheap
36hole mtb rim for the SS as the rear one is just about had it after 11 or
so years of use).

Might have to find out when an upcoming hard waste collection is and trawl
the appropriate suburbs.

Gags

Resound
June 18th 06, 12:02 PM

> Phillip Island weather - perfect. Good racing on a dry, fast track.
> A couple of crashes in B grade, nasty one in the sprint finish.
> If I see one of those Leongatha kids throwing random hooks again,
> they're getting punted into the ditch. Don't they have bunches in
> Leongatha? Insane ...

Random hooks? They're throwing punches or swerving around?

Bleve
June 18th 06, 03:40 PM
Resound wrote:

> > Phillip Island weather - perfect. Good racing on a dry, fast track.
> > A couple of crashes in B grade, nasty one in the sprint finish.
> > If I see one of those Leongatha kids throwing random hooks again,
> > they're getting punted into the ditch. Don't they have bunches in
> > Leongatha? Insane ...
> >

> Random hooks? They're throwing punches or swerving around?

a hook is where you push someone up the track, and a chop is where you
drop down on them - it's a tracky thing, but it translates to road
roughly. These kids were overlapping wheels quite badly and swerving
wildly - thus hooking the riders behind them and beside them a lot.

Deserving of a good beating behind the bikeshed - you expect that sort
of errant riding in grade, not B grade.

DaveB
June 19th 06, 12:51 AM
Gags wrote:
> Might have to find out when an upcoming hard waste collection is and trawl
> the appropriate suburbs.

We should go together. You can stop eddiec from stealing all the good
bikes while I load them up. ;)

DaveB

gplama
June 19th 06, 05:58 AM
Bleve Wrote:

> Llama, you should have come ... you missed a good race. Still, it's
> easy to be the king of the BR I guess ... :-P

You've not been on a BR have you? :) Hill acceleration repeats and
attacks were the order of the day.. it left me totally shagged.. well,
after a 8km walk post the BR I was...

BR104 honors list goes to...

TimC: For your ever increasing speed and ability to suck wheel. Can't
wait 'till you start throwing down the challange and attacking.

Ess: Someone I had to keep an eye on, all day... and who I _had_ to
respond to when you attacked on our race into Diamond Creek.

Ritcho: For holding my wheel when I dropped the hammer attempting to
drop everyone - I thought it was TimC back there but when you didnt
shake off after about 30 seconds I had to sit back down and come up
with anohter plan.. :rolleyes:

Failed attack of the day goes to FlyingDutch... who took off with only
a few 100m to the next hill, TimC responded.. all while Ritcho, Ess,
and I rolled through rolling them in the process... hornets nest
indeed.. thats when the fun started :)

--
gplama

Bleve
June 19th 06, 06:23 AM
gplama wrote:
> Bleve Wrote:
> >
> > Llama, you should have come ... you missed a good race. Still, it's
> > easy to be the king of the BR I guess ... :-P
>
> You've not been on a BR have you? :) Hill acceleration repeats and
> attacks were the order of the day.. it left me totally shagged.. well,
> after a 8km walk post the BR I was...

Not one of yours, no. I'd be a mile off the back, it's got a hill in
it!
I know how strong you are and the potential you have. It seems a shame
to hide it away when you could really test yourself against people of
your own standard. Golly, I just want to smack you around until you see
sense, and put it on the line where you risk not being the top dog.
You've got a lion's engine, Dorothy can help you find the courage :)

TimC
June 19th 06, 07:04 AM
On 2006-06-19, Bleve (aka Bruce)
> It seems a shame to hide it away when you could really test yourself
> against people of your own standard.

Awww, come on! He revels in chasing down commuters on the bouli! :)

--
TimC
The Sell Dervers are balanced behind another Sell Derver, and both

Bleve
June 19th 06, 07:17 AM
TimC wrote:
> On 2006-06-19, Bleve (aka Bruce)
> > It seems a shame to hide it away when you could really test yourself
> > against people of your own standard.
>
> Awww, come on! He revels in chasing down commuters on the bouli! :)

*exactly*

Jono L
June 19th 06, 09:03 AM
Bleve Wrote:
> gplama wrote:
> > Bleve Wrote:
> > >
> > > Llama, you should have come ... you missed a good race. Still,
> it's
> > > easy to be the king of the BR I guess ... :-P
> >
> > You've not been on a BR have you? :) Hill acceleration repeats and
> > attacks were the order of the day.. it left me totally shagged..
> well,
> > after a 8km walk post the BR I was...
>
> Not one of yours, no. I'd be a mile off the back, it's got a hill in
> it!
> I know how strong you are and the potential you have. It seems a
> shame
> to hide it away when you could really test yourself against people of
> your own standard. Golly, I just want to smack you around until you
> see
> sense, and put it on the line where you risk not being the top dog.
> You've got a lion's engine, Dorothy can help you find the courage :)Oh, oh oh!!! I second that! OK, Lama, lancefield handicap this saturday
NO EXCUSES!!!

And Bleve, Sweet Jesus these F**************ING Christ! Leongatha kids
**** me to tears too, every race at glenvale that come form the
outsisde and cut in leaving a path of destruction behind them. We need
a F***ing inquiry to rid them from our races!!! BTW was one of them
wearing number 41? My mate in B said No.41 caused 3 crashes! I figured
he *must* be from Leongatha.

Anyway, A grade was nice, 40.8 ave for 90k's pretty easy with lots of
sitting in!

Jono

--
Jono L

warrwych
June 20th 06, 12:15 AM
Bleve Wrote:
> Jono L wrote:
>

> > And Bleve, Sweet Jesus these F**************ING Christ! Leongatha
> kids
> > **** me to tears too, every race at glenvale that come form the
> > outsisde and cut in leaving a path of destruction behind them. We
> need
> > a F***ing inquiry to rid them from our races!!! BTW was one of them
> > wearing number 41? My mate in B said No.41 caused 3 crashes! I
> figured
> > he *must* be from Leongatha.
>
> I don't know what numbers they were, and I was out of it by the last
> lap anyway (job done, toast), but when I was stuck behind them a
> couple
> of times I was *stunned* at how badly they rode in the bunch.

how about submitting something in writing to the commissaire/s????? Or
at least an informal verbal to them either before or after the race. If
enough people speak up, something may be done.... maybe....

--
warrwych

Bleve
June 20th 06, 01:42 AM
warrwych wrote:
> Bleve Wrote:
> > Jono L wrote:
> >

> > > And Bleve, Sweet Jesus these F**************ING Christ! Leongatha
> > kids
> > > **** me to tears too, every race at glenvale that come form the
> > > outsisde and cut in leaving a path of destruction behind them. We
> > need
> > > a F***ing inquiry to rid them from our races!!! BTW was one of them
> > > wearing number 41? My mate in B said No.41 caused 3 crashes! I
> > figured
> > > he *must* be from Leongatha.
> >
> > I don't know what numbers they were, and I was out of it by the last
> > lap anyway (job done, toast), but when I was stuck behind them a
> > couple
> > of times I was *stunned* at how badly they rode in the bunch.
>
> how about submitting something in writing to the commissaire/s????? Or
> at least an informal verbal to them either before or after the race. If
> enough people speak up, something may be done.... maybe....

Or a polite letter to their club, suggesting that they invest in some
bunch riding skill lessons. Before someone gets irate and does give
them a beating... hrm.

I'll have a think about it.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home