PDA

View Full Version : Hein Should Be Proud

B. Lafferty
June 19th 06, 09:38 PM
The sport under his tenure leads the way.

http://www.wada-ama.org/rtecontent/document/LABSTATS_2005.pdf

June 19th 06, 10:51 PM
B. Lafferty wrote:
> The sport under his tenure leads the way.
>
> http://www.wada-ama.org/rtecontent/document/LABSTATS_2005.pdf

Hein leads Billiards? I thought he had something to do with cycling.

% = % adverse findings

Billiards 9.96%
Baseball/Softball 6.47%
Sumo 5.88%
Golf 5.21%
Bridge 4.00%
Bandy (wtf?) 3.94%
Boules (?) 3.81%
Cycling 3.78%
Chess 0%
Polo 0% (water/horse? or person/horse?)
Racquetball 0%
Tug of War 0%
Luge 0%

Simon Brooke
June 19th 06, 10:59 PM
in message t>, B.
Lafferty ') wrote:

> The sport under his tenure leads the way.
>
> http://www.wada-ama.org/rtecontent/document/LABSTATS_2005.pdf

Billiards sports, 9.96%. H'mmm...
Sumo wrestling, 5.88%. Not very surprising...
Golf, 5.21%.
Bridge, 4%. WTF?
Cycling, a mere 3.78%

So there you go, guys. Must do better. With a bit of a push we could
catch up with the card players. The people who tap little balls around
the countryside are probably too hard-core to compete with, however

Mark
June 19th 06, 11:00 PM
wrote:
> B. Lafferty wrote:
>
>>The sport under his tenure leads the way.
>>
>>http://www.wada-ama.org/rtecontent/document/LABSTATS_2005.pdf
>

> Hein leads Billiards? I thought he had something to do with cycling.
>
> % = % adverse findings
>
> Billiards 9.96%
> Baseball/Softball 6.47%
> Sumo 5.88%

So what would constitute a performance-enhancing drug for Billiards?
Baseball and Sumo I can figure out for myself.

Mark

Stu Fleming
June 19th 06, 11:51 PM
Mark wrote:
> wrote:
>
>> B. Lafferty wrote:
>>
>>> The sport under his tenure leads the way.
>>>
>>> http://www.wada-ama.org/rtecontent/document/LABSTATS_2005.pdf
>>

>> Hein leads Billiards? I thought he had something to do with cycling.
>>
>> % = % adverse findings
>>
>> Billiards 9.96%
>> Baseball/Softball 6.47%
>> Sumo 5.88%
>

> So what would constitute a performance-enhancing drug for Billiards?
> Baseball and Sumo I can figure out for myself.

Beta blockers. Same for Bridge.

Bob Schwartz
June 20th 06, 04:15 AM
wrote:
> Billiards 9.96%
> Baseball/Softball 6.47%
> Sumo 5.88%
> Golf 5.21%
> Bridge 4.00%
> Bandy (wtf?) 3.94%
> Boules (?) 3.81%
> Cycling 3.78%
> Chess 0%
> Polo 0% (water/horse? or person/horse?)
> Racquetball 0%
> Tug of War 0%
> Luge 0%

Curling 2.58%

I'm crushed. There is nowhere to turn
except Luge. The chess players are
dirty as ****, they just know how to
beat the tests. And don't get me started
about Tug of War.

Bob Schwartz

Golf 5.21%. Those *******s.

Snippy Bobkins
June 20th 06, 06:51 AM
"B. Lafferty" > wrote in message
nk.net...
> The sport under his tenure leads the way.
>
> http://www.wada-ama.org/rtecontent/document/LABSTATS_2005.pdf

Flom is prescient:

http://tinyurl.com/o99vo

--
Snippy

Dan Connelly
June 20th 06, 03:18 PM
Stu Fleming wrote:
>>> Baseball/Softball 6.47%

There were separate listings for "baseball", "softball", and
"baseball/softball", the latter a designation error, perhaps,
in which the specific was not specified. Baseball and softball,
where indicated, were each lower, so this is anomalous.

Given this, the rate for baseball was essentially indistinguishable
from cycling.

Dan

Tuschinski
June 20th 06, 10:04 PM
wrote:
> B. Lafferty wrote:
> > The sport under his tenure leads the way.
> >
> > http://www.wada-ama.org/rtecontent/document/LABSTATS_2005.pdf
>
> Hein leads Billiards? I thought he had something to do with cycling.

I was amused by the Cannabis results^^

I expected Darts and Billiards to lead (no joke) due to the lack of
control and the high effectiveness of betablockers for exactly those
sports. One of the reasons Pro-Billiards players used to drink beer was
it's beta-blocking capability and it's why Pro-Darts players still
drink before a game. I might be wrong, but I think they put some rules
on that in Billiards.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home