PDA

View Full Version : Re: 1973 Bottecchia

jeremy
June 21st 06, 10:31 PM
> Can anyone suggest any printed or online references, or any other way I
> can figure out a fair value for this bicycle?

eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Bottecchia-Bike-Complete-w-Fenders-Rack-Bell_W0QQitemZ7245203495QQihZ015QQcategoryZ98084QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

or try rec.bicycles.marketplace

jeremy

Tom Kunich
June 22nd 06, 04:00 AM
"jeremy" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>> Can anyone suggest any printed or online references, or any other way I
>> can figure out a fair value for this bicycle?
>
> eBay:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Bottecchia-Bike-Complete-w-Fenders-Rack-Bell_W0QQitemZ7245203495QQihZ015QQcategoryZ98084QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
>
> or try rec.bicycles.marketplace

Someone was pretty generous with their bidding there. I just got a better
deal for $50.

Jack Maars
June 22nd 06, 04:13 AM
"Tom Kunich" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> Someone was pretty generous with their bidding there. I just got a better
> deal for $50.

Yea Tom we know.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pink-Motorless-MINI-BIKE-bicycle-Excellent-Gift-FUN_W0QQitemZ7251008553QQihZ015QQcategoryZ2904QQrd Z1QQcmdZViewItem

Tim Lines
June 22nd 06, 05:32 AM
Jack Maars wrote:
> "Tom Kunich" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
>> Someone was pretty generous with their bidding there. I just got a better
>> deal for $50.
>>

> Yea Tom we know.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/Pink-Motorless-MINI-BIKE-bicycle-Excellent-Gift-FUN_W0QQitemZ7251008553QQihZ015QQcategoryZ2904QQrd Z1QQcmdZViewItem

Yeah, but his says COLNAGO on the downtube.

Simon Brooke
June 22nd 06, 01:22 PM
in message . com>,
jeremy ') wrote:

>> Can anyone suggest any printed or online references, or any other way
>> I can figure out a fair value for this bicycle?
>
> eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Bottecchia-Bike-Complete-w-Fenders-Rack-Bell_W0QQitemZ7245203495QQihZ015QQcategoryZ98084QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Putting a rack on that bike is sacrilege!

Having said that, OP, you are not sitting on a gold mine. It's a
beautiful bike and it would be a tragedy for it to get scrapped, but the
number of people who want good classic bikes is pretty limited, and the
amount of space those people have to store classic bikes, is limited.

So while I think US$168 is a disappointing price, it isn't a very
surprising price.

;; Generally Not Used
;; Except by Middle Aged Computer Scientists

Tom Kunich
June 23rd 06, 02:56 AM
"Tim Lines" > wrote in message
. ..
> Jack Maars wrote:
>> "Tom Kunich" > wrote in message
>> ink.net...
>>> Someone was pretty generous with their bidding there. I just got a
>>> better deal for $50.
>>>

>> Yea Tom we know.
>>
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/Pink-Motorless-MINI-BIKE-bicycle-Excellent-Gift-FUN_W0QQitemZ7251008553QQihZ015QQcategoryZ2904QQrd Z1QQcmdZViewItem
> Yeah, but his says COLNAGO on the downtube.

My bike collection in alphabetical order:

Atala World Championship CX (converted for touring)
Basso Loto
Basso Gap
Colnago Super
Colnago C40
Eddy Merckx Corsa 0.1
Eddy Merckx Ex Pro
Fuji Newest
Look KG241
Look (don't know the model number since it's a steel bike)
Raleigh Team CX
Santa Cruz Superlight
Pinarello CX
Vitus 979

I also have a couple extra frames and a lot of other stuff like wheels and
whatnot.

Whats in your garage?

Tim Lines
June 23rd 06, 06:31 AM
Tom Kunich wrote:
> "Tim Lines" > wrote in message
> . ..
>
>>Jack Maars wrote:
>>
>>>"Tom Kunich" > wrote in message
ink.net...

>>>Yea Tom we know.
>>>
>>>http://cgi.ebay.com/Pink-Motorless-MINI-BIKE-bicycle-Excellent-Gift-FUN_W0QQitemZ7251008553QQihZ015QQcategoryZ2904QQrd Z1QQcmdZViewItem
>>
>>Yeah, but his says COLNAGO on the downtube.
>

> My bike collection in alphabetical order:
>
> Atala World Championship CX (converted for touring)
> Basso Loto
> Basso Gap
> Colnago Super
> Colnago C40
> Eddy Merckx Corsa 0.1
> Eddy Merckx Ex Pro
> Fuji Newest
> Look KG241
> Look (don't know the model number since it's a steel bike)
> Raleigh Team CX
> Santa Cruz Superlight
> Pinarello CX
> Vitus 979
>
> I also have a couple extra frames and a lot of other stuff like wheels and
> whatnot.
>
> Whats in your garage?

Calling me out, are you?
In the order I think of them:

Giant TCR1
Kestrel Talon
K2 Mod 5
Bridgestone T700
Schwinn Sierra 700
early 80's Fuji Del Rey single speed
Late 80's Peugeot Versailles
Late 80's Pinarello Treviso
Montague folding bike
1983 Trek 560 with S&S couplers installed
Diamondback Patrol full suspension thing

3 more frames on the wall and sufficient parts to build at least 2 of
them the way they ought to be built. 4 big rubbermaid containers full
of misc. parts (mostly crap). I don't know what else.

I think your collection has mine beat, but we both pretty obviously have
issues we ought to be working through that we instead choose to
sublimate by typing newsgroup inanities and collecting too many bikes.

Tom Kunich
June 23rd 06, 05:11 PM
"Tim Lines" > wrote in message
> Tom Kunich wrote:
>> "Tim Lines" > wrote in message
>> . ..

ink.net...

>>>Yeah, but his says COLNAGO on the downtube.
>>

>> My bike collection in alphabetical order:
>>
>> Atala World Championship CX (converted for touring)
>> Basso Loto
>> Basso Gap
>> Colnago Super
>> Colnago C40
>> Eddy Merckx Corsa 0.1
>> Eddy Merckx Ex Pro
>> Fuji Newest
>> Look KG241
>> Look (don't know the model number since it's a steel bike)
>> Raleigh Team CX
>> Santa Cruz Superlight
>> Pinarello CX
>> Vitus 979
>>
>> I also have a couple extra frames and a lot of other stuff like wheels
>> and whatnot.
>>
>> Whats in your garage?
>>

> Calling me out, are you?
> In the order I think of them:
>
> Giant TCR1
> Kestrel Talon
> K2 Mod 5
> Bridgestone T700
> Schwinn Sierra 700
> early 80's Fuji Del Rey single speed
> Late 80's Peugeot Versailles
> Late 80's Pinarello Treviso
> Montague folding bike
> 1983 Trek 560 with S&S couplers installed
> Diamondback Patrol full suspension thing
>
> 3 more frames on the wall and sufficient parts to build at least 2 of them
> the way they ought to be built. 4 big rubbermaid containers full of misc.
> parts (mostly crap). I don't know what else.
>
> I think your collection has mine beat, but we both pretty obviously have
> issues we ought to be working through that we instead choose to sublimate
> by typing newsgroup inanities and collecting too many bikes.

Maybe if you didn't collect so much scrap iron your issues wouldn't be so
prevailent. FUJI DEL RAY??? SCHWINN SIERRA? BRIDGESTONE ANCHOR?

Tim Lines
June 25th 06, 02:27 AM
Tom Kunich wrote:
> "Tim Lines" > wrote in message
>> Tom Kunich wrote:
>>> "Tim Lines" > wrote in message
>>> . ..

>>> My bike collection in alphabetical order:
>>>
>>> Atala World Championship CX (converted for touring)
>>> Basso Loto
>>> Basso Gap
>>> Colnago Super
>>> Colnago C40
>>> Eddy Merckx Corsa 0.1
>>> Eddy Merckx Ex Pro
>>> Fuji Newest
>>> Look KG241
>>> Look (don't know the model number since it's a steel bike)
>>> Raleigh Team CX
>>> Santa Cruz Superlight
>>> Pinarello CX
>>> Vitus 979
>>>
>>> I also have a couple extra frames and a lot of other stuff like wheels
>>> and whatnot.
>>>
>>> Whats in your garage?
>>>

>> Calling me out, are you?
>> In the order I think of them:
>>
>> Giant TCR1
>> Kestrel Talon
>> K2 Mod 5
>> Bridgestone T700
>> Schwinn Sierra 700
>> early 80's Fuji Del Rey single speed
>> Late 80's Peugeot Versailles
>> Late 80's Pinarello Treviso
>> Montague folding bike
>> 1983 Trek 560 with S&S couplers installed
>> Diamondback Patrol full suspension thing
>>
>> 3 more frames on the wall and sufficient parts to build at least 2 of them
>> the way they ought to be built. 4 big rubbermaid containers full of misc.
>> parts (mostly crap). I don't know what else.
>>
>> I think your collection has mine beat, but we both pretty obviously have
>> issues we ought to be working through that we instead choose to sublimate
>> by typing newsgroup inanities and collecting too many bikes.
>
> Maybe if you didn't collect so much scrap iron your issues wouldn't be so
> prevailent. FUJI DEL RAY??? SCHWINN SIERRA? BRIDGESTONE ANCHOR?

You are such a Kunich. Don't you know that the measure of a true Fred is
in how hung up he is on thing he's riding.

I actually LIKE riding crappy old bikes sometimes. Just last week I
chased down a guy on a Merlin Cielo. Asked him about all the stuff he
had hanging off of it (Campy Record). All on my old Bridgestone anchor.

Also, I work in a crappy part of town. If an early 80's Fuji gets
stolen by one of the meth heads, I'm not really out anything.

The Schwinn IS an awful piece of crap, though. You are right about that
one. I ride that when my wife gets out her Rodriguez and wants me to
ride with her. I've got to work to get that thing to move at all.

billyroll
June 25th 06, 03:29 AM
> You are such a Kunich.

Now, I'm not saying I disagree with you. But what exactly is a Kunich?
Do we have a definition? Or is it like porn - we just know it when we
see it.

-B

Tom Kunich
June 26th 06, 05:43 AM
"Tim Lines" > wrote in message
. ..

> I actually LIKE riding crappy old bikes sometimes. Just last week I
> chased down a guy on a Merlin Cielo. Asked him about all the stuff he had
> hanging off of it (Campy Record). All on my old Bridgestone anchor.

We won't mention that the T700 was repainted and rebadged as the RB-1

> Also, I work in a crappy part of town. If an early 80's Fuji gets stolen
> by one of the meth heads, I'm not really out anything.

You ride a bike to work in a bad part of town? OK. I worked with a guy that
rode from Hayward to west Oakland every day to work. Once I laughed at him
and he said that he'd race me to the Cycle Stop motorcycle shop on High St.
in east Oakland. I drove down the freeway and parked back of the shop and
talked with the mechanics for about a half hour. As I wandered out into the
front of the shop he came in and was convinced he'd beat me there. From that
time on every time he'd see me he'd mention that he beat my car with his
bicycle. That's the sort of guy who rides a bicycle into a bad neighborhood.

> The Schwinn IS an awful piece of crap, though. You are right about that
> one. I ride that when my wife gets out her Rodriguez and wants me to ride
> with her. I've got to work to get that thing to move at all.

Actually that wasn't a bad MTB when it was made. But 20 years later it's a
bit dated not to mention heavy.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home