PDA

View Full Version : Baseball won't do it.

Snippy Bobkins
June 22nd 06, 01:07 AM
While Commissioner Bud Selig reiterated that Major League Baseball was
eventually hoping to find a urine test to detect human growth hormone, he
said he did not envision freezing urine samples from baseball players for
future testing.
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/21/sports/baseball/21hgh.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

--
Snippy

Snippy Bobkins
June 22nd 06, 01:10 AM
"Snippy Bobkins" > wrote in message
> While Commissioner Bud Selig reiterated that Major League Baseball was
> eventually hoping to find a urine test to detect human growth hormone, he
> said he did not envision freezing urine samples from baseball players for
> future testing.
> http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/21/sports/baseball/21hgh.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

And...
If players knew there was a possibility they could be punished at a future
date for drugs they had used in the past, the frozen samples might be a
deterrent. Selig dismissed the notion.
"I'm not a doctor, but I've talked to a number of significant experts on
that issue," Selig said. "They don't believe it's a viable solution in any
shape or form."

--
Snippy

B. Lafferty
June 22nd 06, 02:49 AM
> "Snippy Bobkins" > wrote in message
>> While Commissioner Bud Selig reiterated that Major League Baseball was
>> eventually hoping to find a urine test to detect human growth hormone, he
>> said he did not envision freezing urine samples from baseball players for
>> future testing.
>> http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/21/sports/baseball/21hgh.html?_r=1&oref=slogin
>
> And...
> If players knew there was a possibility they could be punished at a future
> date for drugs they had used in the past, the frozen samples might be a
> deterrent. Selig dismissed the notion.
> "I'm not a doctor, but I've talked to a number of significant experts on
> that issue," Selig said. "They don't believe it's a viable solution in any
> shape or form."

ROTFL. Selig is a pip.

Tim Lines
June 22nd 06, 05:26 AM
B. Lafferty wrote:
> "Snippy Bobkins" > wrote in message
>> "Snippy Bobkins" > wrote in message
>>> While Commissioner Bud Selig reiterated that Major League Baseball was
>>> eventually hoping to find a urine test to detect human growth hormone, he
>>> said he did not envision freezing urine samples from baseball players for
>>> future testing.
>>> http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/21/sports/baseball/21hgh.html?_r=1&oref=slogin
>> And...
>> If players knew there was a possibility they could be punished at a future
>> date for drugs they had used in the past, the frozen samples might be a
>> deterrent. Selig dismissed the notion.
>> "I'm not a doctor, but I've talked to a number of significant experts on
>> that issue," Selig said. "They don't believe it's a viable solution in any
>> shape or form."
>
> ROTFL. Selig is a pip.

Selig is absolutely 100% correct.

mtb Dad
June 22nd 06, 01:29 PM
Tim Lines wrote:
> B. Lafferty wrote:
> > "Snippy Bobkins" > wrote in message
> >> "Snippy Bobkins" > wrote in message
> >> And...
> >> If players knew there was a possibility they could be punished at a future
> >> date for drugs they had used in the past, the frozen samples might be a
> >> deterrent. Selig dismissed the notion.
> >> "I'm not a doctor, but I've talked to a number of significant experts on
> >> that issue," Selig said. "They don't believe it's a viable solution in any
> >> shape or form."
> >
> > ROTFL. Selig is a pip.
> >

> Selig is absolutely 100% correct.

Why?

RonSonic
June 22nd 06, 02:23 PM
On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 00:10:38 GMT, "Snippy Bobkins"
> wrote:

>"Snippy Bobkins" > wrote in message
>> While Commissioner Bud Selig reiterated that Major League Baseball was
>> eventually hoping to find a urine test to detect human growth hormone, he
>> said he did not envision freezing urine samples from baseball players for
>> future testing.
>> http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/21/sports/baseball/21hgh.html?_r=1&oref=slogin
>
>And...
>If players knew there was a possibility they could be punished at a future
>date for drugs they had used in the past, the frozen samples might be a
>deterrent. Selig dismissed the notion.
>"I'm not a doctor, but I've talked to a number of significant experts on
>that issue," Selig said. "They don't believe it's a viable solution in any
>shape or form."

Get your baby fingerprinted on the way out of the hospital, that way if he turns
to crime .....

Ron

Tim Lines
June 22nd 06, 02:51 PM
mtb Dad wrote:
> Tim Lines wrote:
>
>>B. Lafferty wrote:
>>
>>>"Snippy Bobkins" > wrote in message

>>>ROTFL. Selig is a pip.
>>>

>>Selig is absolutely 100% correct.
>

> Why?

Frozen urine is not a solution (viable or otherwise). It's a solid.

Thanks for asking.

Tim Lines
June 22nd 06, 02:58 PM
Tim Lines wrote:
> mtb Dad wrote:
>
>> Tim Lines wrote:

>>> Selig is absolutely 100% correct.
>>

>> Why?
>>

> Frozen urine is not a solution (viable or otherwise). It's a solid.
>
> Thanks for asking.

In the sake of accuracy:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/solution

mtb Dad
June 22nd 06, 05:53 PM
Tim Lines wrote:
> mtb Dad wrote:
> > Tim Lines wrote:

> >>Selig is absolutely 100% correct.
> >

> > Why?
> >

> Frozen urine is not a solution (viable or otherwise). It's a solid.
>
> Thanks for asking.

LOL

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home