PDA

View Full Version : Re: 1973 Bottecchia

June 23rd 06, 08:29 AM
Carlo Coggi wrote:
> For 25 years I've had a blue Bottecchia sitting around my apartment,
> inherited from a family friend who used it something like three times.

I still have, and ride on all terrains, my 30+ years old racing bikes.
Bring it back to this side of the pond, where it should belong, and it
will be mine.

Sergio
Pisa

Tom Kunich
June 23rd 06, 05:23 PM
> wrote in message
ups.com...

> Carlo Coggi wrote:
>> For 25 years I've had a blue Bottecchia sitting around my apartment,
>> inherited from a family friend who used it something like three times.
>
> I still have, and ride on all terrains, my 30+ years old racing bikes.
> Bring it back to this side of the pond, where it should belong, and it
> will be mine.

I just sold my 1990 Bottecchia ADR painted bike a year ago because I simply
didn't have the room. It was sort of heavy but it rode almost perfectly. It
had "old fashion" geometry and you could ride it down the worst roads
without it trying to beat you to death.

There were a lot of Bottecchias made from less than stellar tube sets (mine
was Aelle) but they still rode very nicely. These days you can still find
older Pinarellos which were very similar - they rode great no matter what
the materials were.

June 23rd 06, 05:26 PM
Tom Kunich wrote:

Tom, let me have a valid address to reach you and I'll send you a shot
taken a couple of weeks ago.

Sergio
Pisa

Google