PDA

View Full Version : More of today's Lance-a-thon

June 23rd 06, 05:20 PM
http://velonews.com/news/fea/10088.0.html

This probably explains why a microphone-toting Frankie A. was
essentially useless in ever getting anything substantial out of Lance's
mouth. Lance probably wanted to shove the mic down his throat.

June 23rd 06, 05:23 PM
Lance sure does have a lot of "former" friends.

wrote:
> http://velonews.com/news/fea/10088.0.html
>
> This probably explains why a microphone-toting Frankie A. was
> essentially useless in ever getting anything substantial out of Lance's
> mouth. Lance probably wanted to shove the mic down his throat.

Kurgan Gringioni
June 23rd 06, 05:27 PM
wrote:
> http://velonews.com/news/fea/10088.0.html
>
> This probably explains why a microphone-toting Frankie A. was
> essentially useless in ever getting anything substantial out of Lance's
> mouth. Lance probably wanted to shove the mic down his throat.

Dumbass -

She (Mrs. A) used to post here.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

June 23rd 06, 05:49 PM
Dumbass: Under what dumbass of a name? I'd like to read what she said.

The velonews article is too vague. They do not mention if the court
testimony given by Mrs A is part of the same case brought by Lance
against SCA.

If they were arbitrating it, and settled out-of-court, why was she
giving testimony in court? And if that was court testimony, why has it
been sealed?

-p

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> wrote:
> > http://velonews.com/news/fea/10088.0.html
> >
> > This probably explains why a microphone-toting Frankie A. was
> > essentially useless in ever getting anything substantial out of Lance's
> > mouth. Lance probably wanted to shove the mic down his throat.
>

> Dumbass -
>

> She (Mrs. A) used to post here.
>

> thanks,
>
> K. Gringioni.

June 23rd 06, 06:02 PM
wrote:
> Dumbass: Under what dumbass of a name? I'd like to read what she said.
>
> The velonews article is too vague. They do not mention if the court
> testimony given by Mrs A is part of the same case brought by Lance
> against SCA.
>
> If they were arbitrating it, and settled out-of-court, why was she
> giving testimony in court? And if that was court testimony, why has it
> been sealed?

It was a deposition. Mrs. A. says so at the end of the article.
The article says testimony given "to a court" but since this is
describing what Le Monde wrote, it's been translated twice, so
it's quite likely it refers to the same deposition, not something
that happened in open court. When the case was settled, it's
quite likely all the depositions were sealed.

June 23rd 06, 06:19 PM
wrote:
> wrote:
> > Dumbass: Under what dumbass of a name? I'd like to read what she said.
> >
> > The velonews article is too vague. They do not mention if the court
> > testimony given by Mrs A is part of the same case brought by Lance
> > against SCA.
> >
> > If they were arbitrating it, and settled out-of-court, why was she
> > giving testimony in court? And if that was court testimony, why has it
> > been sealed?
>
> It was a deposition. Mrs. A. says so at the end of the article.
> The article says testimony given "to a court" but since this is
> describing what Le Monde wrote, it's been translated twice, so
> it's quite likely it refers to the same deposition, not something
> that happened in open court. When the case was settled, it's
> quite likely all the depositions were sealed.

This is from the latest round of news stories, but still doesn't answer
the question, why would Betsy lie and commit perjury? Just cause she
hated him as LA said? and If so, WHY did she hate him? Oh, what a
tangled web...

Armstrong's attorney, Tim Herman, Texas denied the Andreus' claim,
calling it "absurd."

Nichols was one of doctors treating Armstrong at Indiana University
Medical Center. He is now the chair of hematology-oncology at Oregon
Health and Sciences University.

"Had I been present at any such 'confession,' I would most
certainly have vividly recalled the fact," Nichols said. "I would have
recorded such a confession as a matter of form, as indeed, would have
my colleagues. None was recorded."

After hearing the evidence, including the Andreus' testimony, the
three-member arbitration panel ruled against the company and ordered it
to pay Armstrong.

But the newspaper said the Andreus' account was denied by a third
person, Stephanie McIlvain, a friend of Armstrong's who supposedly
was also at the session with the doctor. She testified that she did not
hear Armstrong make such an admission, Le Monde said.

In his own defense, Armstrong said in a November deposition to the
court that no doctor had asked him whether he had used doping products,
according to the newspaper. It said Armstrong also told the court that
Betsy Andreu hated him and that Frankie Andreu had gone along with her
account to offer her support.

Armstrong's doctors repeatedly asked him during his treatment about
substances he may have taken and Armstrong answered only that he
occasionally drank beer, Herman said.

June 23rd 06, 06:23 PM
Lance's doctor, who was in the room, has been quoted: saying that
Armstrong never told him anything of the sort, and that he never asked
him anything of the sort. Looks like Frankie and his wife are standing
alone in the wind.

Wha was her beef with Armstrong? Firing Frankie?

wrote:
> wrote:
> > Dumbass: Under what dumbass of a name? I'd like to read what she said.
> >
> > The velonews article is too vague. They do not mention if the court
> > testimony given by Mrs A is part of the same case brought by Lance
> > against SCA.
> >
> > If they were arbitrating it, and settled out-of-court, why was she
> > giving testimony in court? And if that was court testimony, why has it
> > been sealed?
>
> It was a deposition. Mrs. A. says so at the end of the article.
> The article says testimony given "to a court" but since this is
> describing what Le Monde wrote, it's been translated twice, so
> it's quite likely it refers to the same deposition, not something
> that happened in open court. When the case was settled, it's
> quite likely all the depositions were sealed.

June 23rd 06, 06:26 PM
She'd have more to fear than the doctor. Doctor's know that they have
a lot of power in situations like this. I work with Doctors. They lie
all the time, knowing full-well that their collegaues will always
publicly back them. Forget the blue wall of silence. The white lab
coat society wrote the book on silence.

wrote:
> wrote:
> > wrote:
> > > Dumbass: Under what dumbass of a name? I'd like to read what she said.
> > >
> > > The velonews article is too vague. They do not mention if the court
> > > testimony given by Mrs A is part of the same case brought by Lance
> > > against SCA.
> > >
> > > If they were arbitrating it, and settled out-of-court, why was she
> > > giving testimony in court? And if that was court testimony, why has it
> > > been sealed?
> >
> > It was a deposition. Mrs. A. says so at the end of the article.
> > The article says testimony given "to a court" but since this is
> > describing what Le Monde wrote, it's been translated twice, so
> > it's quite likely it refers to the same deposition, not something
> > that happened in open court. When the case was settled, it's
> > quite likely all the depositions were sealed.
>
> This is from the latest round of news stories, but still doesn't answer
> the question, why would Betsy lie and commit perjury? Just cause she
> hated him as LA said? and If so, WHY did she hate him? Oh, what a
> tangled web...
>

> Armstrong's attorney, Tim Herman, Texas denied the Andreus' claim,
> calling it "absurd."
>
> Nichols was one of doctors treating Armstrong at Indiana University
> Medical Center. He is now the chair of hematology-oncology at Oregon
> Health and Sciences University.
>
> "Had I been present at any such 'confession,' I would most
> certainly have vividly recalled the fact," Nichols said. "I would have
> recorded such a confession as a matter of form, as indeed, would have
> my colleagues. None was recorded."
>
> After hearing the evidence, including the Andreus' testimony, the
> three-member arbitration panel ruled against the company and ordered it
> to pay Armstrong.
>
> But the newspaper said the Andreus' account was denied by a third
> person, Stephanie McIlvain, a friend of Armstrong's who supposedly
> was also at the session with the doctor. She testified that she did not
> hear Armstrong make such an admission, Le Monde said.
>
> In his own defense, Armstrong said in a November deposition to the
> court that no doctor had asked him whether he had used doping products,
> according to the newspaper. It said Armstrong also told the court that
> Betsy Andreu hated him and that Frankie Andreu had gone along with her
> account to offer her support.
>
> Armstrong's doctors repeatedly asked him during his treatment about
> substances he may have taken and Armstrong answered only that he
> occasionally drank beer, Herman said.

June 23rd 06, 08:11 PM
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

> She (Mrs. A) used to post here.

Under what name?

Note, the insurance co. was ordered to fork over.

--D-y

Michael Press
June 24th 06, 12:05 AM
In article
. com>,
wrote:

> http://velonews.com/news/fea/10088.0.html
>
> This probably explains why a microphone-toting Frankie A. was
> essentially useless in ever getting anything substantial out of Lance's
> mouth. Lance probably wanted to shove the mic down his throat.

Naw, he'd choke into unconsciousness too quickly; put it
somewhere he can savour it.

--
Michael Press

Tom Kunich
June 24th 06, 02:37 AM
"Kurgan Gringioni" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> wrote:
>> http://velonews.com/news/fea/10088.0.html
>>
>> This probably explains why a microphone-toting Frankie A. was
>> essentially useless in ever getting anything substantial out of Lance's
>> mouth. Lance probably wanted to shove the mic down his throat.
>
> She (Mrs. A) used to post here.

I do seem to recall that. However, what difference does that make in Frankie
burning bridges? Of COURSE he couldn't lie under oath, but how did it occur
that he was called in the first place?

Tom Kunich
June 24th 06, 02:42 AM
> wrote in message
oups.com...

> This is from the latest round of news stories, but still doesn't answer
> the question, why would Betsy lie and commit perjury? Just cause she
> hated him as LA said? and If so, WHY did she hate him? Oh, what a
> tangled web.

I am quite certain that Betsy and Franky simply wouldn't lie under oath and
that's what it is. However, what Lance did in '96 (pre-cancer) held
precisely WHAT bearing on what he did in '04?

> Nichols was one of doctors treating Armstrong at Indiana University
> Medical Center. He is now the chair of hematology-oncology at Oregon
> Health and Sciences University.

There's all sorts of tangled morals and ethics here with a doctor and their
testimoney in a case like that would be rather tenuous at best.

Tom Kunich
June 24th 06, 02:44 AM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Lance's doctor, who was in the room, has been quoted: saying that
> Armstrong never told him anything of the sort, and that he never asked
> him anything of the sort. Looks like Frankie and his wife are standing
> alone in the wind.
>
> Wha was her beef with Armstrong? Firing Frankie?

Would you find it unusual for the wife of a deposed road captain to find
fault with the change in a corporate (bicycle team) culture at the expense
of its members?

Nasty business all around. I don't know what to make of it and I won't say
that the Andreu's were lying. At the VERY worst I'd think that they
misunderstood what was being said. Exactly WHY would they both be present at
an event like that?

Bob Schwartz
June 24th 06, 03:55 AM
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> She (Mrs. A) used to post here.

I remember Frankie. I remember Lisa Alvis. I don't
remember Betsy.

Bob Schwartz

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home