PDA

View Full Version : cycling around Aviemore

Adam Lea
June 24th 06, 02:56 PM
I am thinking of going on holiday to Aviemore for a week in early September
and was planning on travelling up by train and mountain bike. Does anyone
know of any recommended scenic cycling routes that are off road, ideally in
the more remote areas but are not too technically difficult?

Thanks

Adam

druidh
June 24th 06, 03:53 PM
Adam Lea wrote:
> I am thinking of going on holiday to Aviemore for a week in early September
> and was planning on travelling up by train and mountain bike. Does anyone
> know of any recommended scenic cycling routes that are off road, ideally in
> the more remote areas but are not too technically difficult?
>
> Thanks
>
> Adam

Loads.

For instance, there are routes through Rothiemurchus Forest, mostly
South of Loch Morlich. There's a superb circular route from Glenmore to
Boat of Garten, Nethy Bridge, Ryvoan and back to Glenmore. There's also
a great route called the Burma Road which takes you up to Carrbridge and
back via a rather desolate glen. I suggest you contact Bothy Bikes in
Aviemore as they have a selection of "home grown" route maps.

http://www.bothybikes.co.uk

druidh

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home