PDA

View Full Version : Vatternrundan

mikeb
June 24th 06, 06:01 PM
A few months ago I posted a message about the Vatternrundan, a 300k
ride in Sweden, seeking advice about how to prepare, what to eat etc.
Well last weekend I completed it in a time of 13h 58min, which whilst
it wasn't up there with the fastest [7h 14 min] it certainly wasn't the
slowest time of the day [over 25hrs].
I did around 750miles in training with a longest ride of 100miles about
4 weeks before.[I could have done with a bit more but it was enough]
I lived on flapjack, fruit cake and carbohydrate drink for the whole
race and came through it unscathed. In fact I was out on my bike again
just three days later.
Swedish drivers know what 'giving a cyclist some room' means and
apparently there were no serious accidents during the whole event. As
there were only about 20 Brits amongst the 15500 cyclist that took part
we were quite a novelty.
It was incredibly well organised and I can throughly recomend it, in
fact we will be doing it again next year.
http://www.cyklavaettern.com

Simon Mason
June 24th 06, 06:49 PM
"mikeb" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>A few months ago I posted a message about the Vatternrundan, a 300k
> ride in Sweden, seeking advice about how to prepare, what to eat etc.
> Well last weekend I completed it in a time of 13h 58min, which whilst
> it wasn't up there with the fastest [7h 14 min] it certainly wasn't the

Well done Mike. My sister was going to ride it but couldn't get more than 70
miles in training so she didn't attempt it.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

Google