PDA

View Full Version : She's A Machine

Calogero Carlucci
June 25th 06, 10:52 AM
French Championships - CN
Chantonnay, France, June 22-25, 2006
Day 2 - June 24: Elite women/Amateur men road race, 112.8/169.2 km

Results
Elite Women - 112.8 km

Provisional
1 Jeannie Longo (Ile de France)
2 Béatrice Thomas (Rhône-alpes)
3 Elodie Touffet (Nobili)
4 Pascale Jeuland (Vienne Futuroscope)
5 Karine Gautard (Vienne Futuroscope)

MMan
June 25th 06, 11:01 AM
Calogero Carlucci wrote:
> French Championships - CN
> Chantonnay, France, June 22-25, 2006
> Day 2 - June 24: Elite women/Amateur men road race, 112.8/169.2 km
>
> Results
> Elite Women - 112.8 km
>
> Provisional
> 1 Jeannie Longo (Ile de France)
> 2 Béatrice Thomas (Rhône-alpes)
> 3 Elodie Touffet (Nobili)
> 4 Pascale Jeuland (Vienne Futuroscope)
> 5 Karine Gautard (Vienne Futuroscope)

She won the time trial national championship two days earlier as well.

(She's almost six years older than Miguel Indurain, for a point of
reference.)

cel
June 25th 06, 08:25 PM
No talk of chemical help in the women ranks? Are they tested as much as the
men?

cel

"MMan" > wrote in message
ups.com...

Calogero Carlucci wrote:
> French Championships - CN
> Chantonnay, France, June 22-25, 2006
> Day 2 - June 24: Elite women/Amateur men road race, 112.8/169.2 km
>
> Results
> Elite Women - 112.8 km
>
> Provisional
> 1 Jeannie Longo (Ile de France)
> 2 Béatrice Thomas (Rhône-alpes)
> 3 Elodie Touffet (Nobili)
> 4 Pascale Jeuland (Vienne Futuroscope)
> 5 Karine Gautard (Vienne Futuroscope)

She won the time trial national championship two days earlier as well.

(She's almost six years older than Miguel Indurain, for a point of
reference.)

Bob Schwartz
June 25th 06, 09:17 PM
cel wrote:
> No talk of chemical help in the women ranks? Are they tested as much as the
> men?

She's been at the top since the late seventies. Chemicals will only
take you so far.

Bob Schwartz

Donald Munro
June 25th 06, 11:02 PM

Bob Schwartz wrote:
> She's been at the top since the late seventies. Chemicals will only
> take you so far.

Pound hasn't heard about the elixir of youth.

Bill C
June 26th 06, 12:08 AM
Donald Munro wrote:
> cel wrote:
> >> No talk of chemical help in the women ranks? Are they tested as much as the
>
> >> men?
> Bob Schwartz wrote:
> > She's been at the top since the late seventies. Chemicals will only
> > take you so far.
>
> Pound hasn't heard about the elixir of youth.
It's Longo and Burton and noone! Out of cycling I'd toss in Babe
Didrikson:
http://espn.go.com/sportscentury/features/00014147.html
Didrikson was a woman ahead of her time
By Larry Schwartz
Special to ESPN.com

True greats. The Jeanson stuff is a shame because my opinion is that
she had some of the same stuff. What could've been.
Bill C

Kyle Legate
June 27th 06, 10:05 PM
Donald Munro wrote:
> cel wrote:
>
>>>No talk of chemical help in the women ranks? Are they tested as much as the
>

>>>men?
>
> Bob Schwartz wrote:
>
>>She's been at the top since the late seventies. Chemicals will only
>>take you so far.
>

> Pound hasn't heard about the elixir of youth.

Formaldehyde?

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home