PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton, Fuentes and CSC

Bill Callas
June 26th 06, 06:30 PM
From Velonews:

"Hamilton's alleged collaboration began with Fuentes soon after he left the
U.S. Postal Service cycling team to join CSC for the 2002-03 seasons and
continued upon his arrival at Phonak in the 2004 season. "

From cyclingnews.com, 12/26/2005

"Describing CSC as "the team of the decade", Vandevelde is clearly excited
about his opportunity to ride under the service of Danish team manager
Bjarne Riis, who has demonstrated a knack of taking riders back to their
full potential after a poor season (Julich), or extracting even more out of
riders whose careers have plateaued (Ivan Basso, Tyler Hamilton, Jakob Piil,
Carlos Sastre, Jens Voight). The core of CSC's success appears to lie in
Riis' ability to motivate 'lost' riders to believe in themselves once more,
and to unite team members towards a common goal. "I think that we all have
silently admired what has taken place in that team over the last few years
and now I will learn there secret first hand," Vandevelde said on his
website, www.christianvandevelde.com."

It makes you wonder about other riders on CSC who were not racing to their
potential untill they joined CSC, maybe it is not just CSC's team building
camps.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home