PDA

View Full Version : Has Le Tour Lost Its Sporting Credibility?

B. Lafferty
June 27th 06, 07:41 PM
Daniel Baal's view:

June 27th 06, 07:46 PM
OK, we get it (again). You speak and read French.

B. Lafferty wrote:
> Daniel Baal's view:

Sandy
June 27th 06, 07:54 PM
a écrit :
> OK, we get it (again). You speak and read French.
>

> B. Lafferty wrote:
>
>> Daniel Baal's view:

Me too. It's not hard. Where I live, there are many, many people who
do. And lots of them have a good grip on English. But the Tour de
France is in France. Somehow, it all seems to make sense to me.

ronaldo_jeremiah
June 27th 06, 08:46 PM
wrote:
> OK, we get it (again). You speak and read French.

So does Sierraman.

-RJ

Bill C
June 27th 06, 09:07 PM
Sandy wrote:
> a écrit :
> > OK, we get it (again). You speak and read French.
> >

> > B. Lafferty wrote:
> >
> >> Daniel Baal's view:
> >>

> Me too. It's not hard. Where I live, there are many, many people who
> do. And lots of them have a good grip on English. But the Tour de
> France is in France. Somehow, it all seems to make sense to me.

It really is tough here in the states, for me at least, to keep my
skills, luckily I've always done better with printed rather than verbal
materials, and can keep some skill by reading French and German stuff
on line. The internet has been a godsend for that. I still suck at it
though.
Seesm to be pretty much just Americans who think one language is
enough, and it should all be in english.
Bill C

June 27th 06, 09:58 PM
> Seesm to be pretty much just Americans who think one language is
> enough, and it should all be in english.

Yes that's true. The French are very cool with the anglophoning of
their culture and their language.

I guess it is hip to get on a perch and look down on regular folk who
only speak one language.

Frank Drackman
June 28th 06, 02:30 AM
"B. Lafferty" > wrote in message
nk.net...
> Daniel Baal's view:

My penis is bigger than your brain

Bill C
June 28th 06, 03:00 AM
wrote:
> > Seesm to be pretty much just Americans who think one language is
> > enough, and it should all be in english.
>
> Yes that's true. The French are very cool with the anglophoning of
> their culture and their language.
>
> I guess it is hip to get on a perch and look down on regular folk who
> only speak one language.

You really need to contribute something once in a while other than
taking shots at me.
Let's break this down:
France attempting to keep their culture from being totally buried is a
totally seperate issue than speaking more than one languages. The fact
that you link them really says a lot about you and your understanding
and analytical skills.
I could have been in a cocoon but I lived in the middle of hoards of
Americans in Germany for about 10 years, traveled pretty widely, spent
as much time with locals as Americans, and stand by my
characterisation.
Let me give you a bit of a hint. Geographical and cultural neccessity
plays a huge role in this.
You really are a waste of DNA.
Bill Crowther

Bill C
June 28th 06, 04:11 AM
wrote:
> > Seesm to be pretty much just Americans who think one language is
> > enough, and it should all be in english.
>
> Yes that's true. The French are very cool with the anglophoning of
> their culture and their language.
>
> I guess it is hip to get on a perch and look down on regular folk who
> only speak one language.

Maybe you can find a way to be bitter and hostile towards those
successful Candians too:
http://www.cbc.ca/story/business/national/2006/06/27/energy.html?ref=rss

Most Americans don't know Canada is their biggest oil supplier
Last Updated Tue, 27 Jun 2006 16:01:07 EDT
CBC News
A new poll suggests the vast majority of Americans are unaware that
Canada is the largest foreign supplier of crude oil to the U.S.

I'm not quite what the hell you have against people who are successful,
or proud of it, or proud of their kids success, but you have real
issues with envy.
I'm a sick mother in your mind because I'm proud of what I, my family,
my friends, and my kids have accomplished. We've worked our asses off
to do, and learn the things we have and I don't appreciate your
attacks. Do you hate everyone who wins a bike race? How about Obama
who's worked his ass off to get where he is, do you hate him too
because he's been successful and proud of it? You must hate Lance
because he, with his mothers help, made it bigger than anyone could've
thought.
Please give us a real name and tell us about yourself so we can have a
real discussion. If I have the balls to do it so should you. But you
won't because you're a gutless whiner.
Yes I've had enough of your BS and venom.
Bill Crowther
Northampton, Ma.
I'm in the book and you can find anything else you want to know.
Oh, yeah I'm one of the vets who had their **** compromised too.
Step up to the plate and don't **** yourself.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home